Alliance Side RP Guide

(Sticky)

90 Draenei Paladin
First off, I'd like to introduce myself. I am Leilora, Grand Champion of the Light. I was formerly known as Bloodmaster Saidrym Xaebel of the Knights of the Blood Crescent serving under the Blood Knight Matriarch, Lady Liadrin.

I rerolled on Twisting Nether (coming from Sentinels) because I wanted to start fresh and do something different. So here I am! -spins around and bows-

---------------------------------------------

I have just rerolled over here from a pure RP server and I'd like to see more RP happening, as I have not seen too much out and about RP. This is a template from the server I played on with RP information.
The following is everything you need to get involved in the role-playing community. This list will be ever-evolving and updated as events warrant. Please leave a response here to get something added or to let me know that something is no longer available and should be deleted. I'll be checking this thread a couple of times a week to make sure it stays updated.

--Channels--
/join RP - This channel is an OOC channel for RP’ers to find role-play partners and is the main hub for a great deal of the RP community.

--Mods in wide use by the RP community--
You can find all of these are your favourite add-on downloader (WoWInterface, Curse, etc).

Total RP 2 - Basically combines all of the following add-ons together.

Gryphonheart Items (GHI) - Allows the user to create items within the game with a variety of effects viewable by others with the mod and that can be linked in chat channels.

Lore - A mod that allows the user to speak different languages for RP purposes and be understood to others with the mod.

MyRolePlay - MyRolePlay is a roleplaying addon for World of Warcraft. It allows you to add roleplay-specific information about your character that other users of MyRolePlay (and other compatible addons) can see in the tooltip, and in a more detailed window. It works much like FlagRSP2 and in fact users from one mod can view the information from those using the other. MyRolePlay has more options however though it spams your chatbox each time you start the game.

Tongues - Another mod that allows you to speak different languages for RP purposes. Will allow others with the mod to understand you.

--Guilds, Events, etc.--
The Dusk Watch
The Seventy Third
Redblade Corsairs
Praetorian Guard
Invictus Sanctum
Blood Moon Pack
Ironforge Regiment

Quietus does an RP hour every week night (8-9 ST) at Lakeside in Stormwind as well.

If anyone has anything they would like added, please inform me in-game or let me know here so I can update!
Edited by Leilora on 1/27/2011 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Alliance has a fairly strong RP community already. The RP channel does what you are suggesting with /RPClassified and is fairly active, with around 30-40 names during the evening in it.

The addons you mentioned are a bit out-of-date. I suggest going and getting Total RP 2.
a. it's what everyone else is using
b. it combines every single one of the addons you mentioned into one.

RP guilds that I can think of off the top of my head.

The Dusk Watch
The Seventy Third
Redblade Corsairs
Praetorian Guard
Invictus Sanctum
Blood Moon Pack
Ironforge Regiment

Those are the ones I see frequently mentioned in the RP channel as respectable guilds.

For RP I usually find plenty in the evening, around 7-8 server time. If I want some earlier I can say something in the RP channel and get 4-5 people willing to get together.

I don't know if you just didn't give it enough time or what but your post seems a bit presumptous. The RP community is strong and alive.
Edited by Urivial on 1/26/2011 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I've been around here for a few weeks now and I just haven't seen anything. I wanted to give it time before I said anything, but that's good to know! Thank you ^^
Reply Quote
13 Human Priest
Thanks for taking the initiative in creating this. I only just recently rolled here and, this is a helpful start.

Liked, and voted for sticky. :D
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Where's the Horde Side RP Guide?

D:
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
The Sword of the Morning is also an RP guild.
Reply Quote
32 Dwarf Paladin
I've seen other forums set up a guild list that allows guilds to rank themselves based on their approach to content. The ranking system usually looks something like:

N/A: -
Low: +
Medium: ++
High: +++

So, a guild of moderate RP, high PvE, and no PvP would rank itself like...

Example Guild Name (guild website, if applicable)
    RP: ++, PvE: +++, PvP: -

A new comer to the server would then be able to look up whatever guild appeals to his or her interests to help find a way to plug in. :)
Reply Quote
32 Dwarf Paladin
Also, I've seen other servers use an IRC network in order to rp with members of the opposing faction. I'm not sure what interest this server has specifically with cross-faction rp, but if anything it can be useful for those opportunist rogues and issues of diplomatic importance.

The setup usually looks something like this-

Link: https://02.chat.mibbit.com/
    IRC: MMOIRC
    Nick: Your character's name
    Channel: #TwistingNether

I've seen these chats used both IC and OOC. Whatever the case, they seem to strengthen server community.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I was recently directed to the Twisting Nether Gazette. It seems almost essential to get plugged into the rp community here:

http://wow-tng.org/forum.php
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

D:

/chuckle.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

D:

/chuckle.

Don't laugh, we're here.

Horde has a daily Roleplay event in the Valley of Honor, 8PM Server.

The Twisting Nether Gazette is a good resource for finding RP.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
<Societatem Ultionis> is currently experimenting with RP and have yet to set a definite date for our RP. Just throwing it out there that you may have to add us to the list of RP guilds at some point.
I downloaded Total RP 2 and it's awesome! Thanks for mentioning it in the thread :)
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
Seems like a good place to put this.

Honor. Respect. Defense of our lands. These are what we value and cherish. Invictus Sanctum works hard to defend our lands, each other, and those that can't defend themselves.

Invictus Sanctum [currently guild level 19], is one of Twisting Nether's oldest Alliance guilds (established 2005). We are a light RP guild with something for everyone: RP, raiding (5/12), PVP, and a casual, friendly environment. Always taking applications, at www.invictussanctum.net, or feel free to speak to an officer in-game. (Please register using your character's name; if the name has any accented characters, please let Cambro or Teesah know so we can watch for it, as our forum software doesn't allow accented characters, to help reduce spam registrations.)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Praetorian Guard:

RP: +
PvP: +++
PvE: -
Reply Quote
01/26/2011 09:13 PMPosted by Syloralei
First off, I'd like to introduce myself. I am Leilora, Grand Champion of the Light. I was formerly known as Bloodmaster Saidrym Xaebel of the Knights of the Blood Crescent serving under the Blood Knight Matriarch, Lady Liadrin.

How on earth did this thread get stickied.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Thanks for creating this thread! I keep hearing about this Total RP 2 and I guess I need to get it. I love to RP much more then PvP or PvE but my problem is I can never find it.

Also as a member of the Blood Moon Pack I thank you for mentioning our guild in this post. ^.^

I am often on at various times of day and while wandering around I would love to find more people who RP, casual or otherwise but apparently I am on at odd times of day. :P

I moved here from Sentinels myself just this year, still have toons there but don't use them much. The Rp here is far better then there, but I still have trouble. :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
There is a new RP Guild surfacing on Alliance Side Twisting Nether. Check out http://bladesoffortune.guildlaunch.com/ .
Reply Quote
30 Blood Elf Mage
Blessings of the hot momma's be upon you. My name is Ulsterscot. I am a magician of the 30th level.
Reply Quote
Horde Side RP Guide can be found here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973254595
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
what are the rp hot spots on alli though
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]