Hunter pets for survival?

Yo, just curious as to what pets I should keep on my person for survival 5 man. So far i've just had a Wolf, but with Druids and other chars who bring 5% crit to the table, that buff is redundant. I've now got a Cat (Stealth/Buff), Nether Ray (Interrupt), and Wind Serpent (Spell damage buff), what other pets should I get for 5 mans?
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
i got a raptor.... sunder armor is pro but yeah a cat is probally the best off topic MONKEYS ARE SO COOL IN PVP till they get nerfed then imma get a spider or gorilla
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Snakes got its own form of Sunder. but you look like you got some tools for just about everything.. well for whats available for a non bm.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
As survival, wind serpent/dragonhawk (8% magic=like 6% overal damage for yourself)
As others have said wolf, cat, raptor, then 2 slots for whatever else, I usually have a nether ray on hand incase there happens to be need for an interrupt and the group can't be "trusted" (SFK mending/aoe heal)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
The buffs a cat provides are usually covered in raid makeup. I've been running a dragonhawk almost exclusively since not only is the + to elemental damage useful, but the specced focus regen ability in it's cunning tree makes it really nice to drop extra arcane shots, sometimes KC. I need to resort my stable and grab an interrupt pet and a good crit pet just in case, but havent worried about it too much since the other hunter in my raids has a wolf.

Heart of the Phoenix on Ferocity tree isn't the best way to spec a pet for pure dps, but it sure is better than having your pet dead for half a boss fight because you can't stand still to rez it, I carry a fer. pet with heart of the phoenix around just in case for all those fights that our difficult to keep a pet up. (Went with a fox for slowing attacks to ease up on damage even more.)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Raptor, wolf, or cat in dungeons: the damage buff these guys give applies to all of your damage types, not just elemental. Outside of dungeons, I go with some sort of cunning pet like a snake or wind serpent, though lately, I've been enamored with my scorpion.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I have 5 pve pets:

wind serpent: 8% magic debuff
ravager: 4% physical debuff
cat: horn of winter
wolf: 5% crit
fox: thunderclap specifically for Counsel fight.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/file.php?mode=view&id=4688
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]