Oh, there's a storm on the horizon alright!

85 Night Elf Warrior
We are currently open to discussions with other 10man guilds about combining our respective core players. We bring a group of mature adults with 7/12 experience, capable group leaders and progression-minded performance. We’ve had attendance issues hit us lately and want to find a common solution with guilds in a similar position.

We’ve discussed this extensively and have addressed a large number of ideas, challenges, pros, cons, questions and answers.

Post your thoughts, or contact in-game: Gullygawd, Asterion or Lothor (or ask if our alts are around).

Serious comments and inquiries only; trolls are soundly ignored.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I have a serious question about this, would you guys be willing to race change?

Just in case horde side has interest in this!
Edited by Laelani on 1/27/2011 11:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman

Some progression efforts have already started to fizzle out after hot and heavy plans.

...they're on a roster that's not delivering or performing as hoped.

This is you that I am quoting...just a couple threads down.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
01/27/2011 11:21 AMPosted by Laelani
I have a serious question about this, would you guys be willing to race change?

Just in case horde side has interest in this!

I personally would say yes, but I'll toss it out to the group tonight. The only option we voted down completely was a server xfer because we believe a solution can be found right here on Nazgrel.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
01/27/2011 11:25 AMPosted by Nakor

Some progression efforts have already started to fizzle out after hot and heavy plans.

The irony is sad/funny/true, but our progression plans are from from fizzled out; the core of our group has been raiding together for over a year and we intend to continue raiding. We didn't materialize with Cata's release. Some of the newly formed guilds who have a majority of talented players but are dealing with attendance, synergy or "missing component" issues would make suitable choices to merge with.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman

trolls are soundly ignored.

AND....again.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
01/27/2011 11:25 AMPosted by Nakor

Nakor........STFU! Don't you realize that this is a very brave, humble, and extremely difficult thing to do? Its also exactly what many people have been hoping for. As many of us have agreed on numerous occassions, things like this would most certainly be in the best interest of the server. Finally someone has put themselves out there and are allowing it to happen. Please, do not give them a hard time over it.

Sanity should be applauded for the incredible progression push they made out of nowhere at the end of WotLK, and thus far in Cata. Clearly they are not the type of players to be content with where they are, as they are willing to be absorbed into another group for the betterment of their people, despite being 2nd in Alliance progression. This shows remarkable character. And this is coming from me, the #1 target on Sanity's public enemy list.

I would suspect that their likely destinations would be BTDT, CP, or EveryTastyBite, but that's only if they're looking to faction change. Having them join Juice would probably be a longshot as I'm guessing most of them still hate me from the last time I tried to bury their guild. On Alliance, it would seem as though they are sort of out of options otherwise. There currently exists very few strong raid leaders, or cores of talent anywhere since Cata.

A2A, who's always had my respect, just hasn't gotten the ball rolling so far and just doesn't seem like the right fit. Lol @ Stormrage as I assume Sanity wants to help a guild progress, not help a guild leader get every legendary. <Who> could be a decent option, if Sanity wants to try 25s. But I assume that the strong leaders in Sanity would like to have some semblance of input and control in their new home, and that just can't happen w/ power hungry, insecure mages like Nambert running the show and eliminating anyone who might knock him down off his pedestal. He'd prefer to retain his power than gain guild progression.

That leaves Chiron. Some very fine talent there. They've achieved modest progression so far. I can't speak as though I have inside info here, but it does appear that they are suffering from attendance issues, or just plain lack of players to do what they really want to do. I tried to get the Chiron guys to join Juice (or stay in Juice, for many of them) before Cata dropped, as they're all excellent players. Alas, they wanted to do their own thing. Maybe a Sanity/Chiron merger would be in the best interest of both groups. I could really see that matchup striking some good chemistry and doing good things.

Worth an honorable mention, is another guild that has always flown below the radar, but consistantly seems to churn out an excellent player or two every year, is Riddle of Steel. Certainly not the greatest guild ever, but they do appear to always have intelligent players w/ high potential, just lack of leadership. Juice has scored 4-5 very strong players from former Riddle members, and I know there are a couple left in there.

Best of luck to Sanity on this courageous undertaking. You've made me very happy today to see our server actually moving in the right direction. Oh, and one more thing.......

..........www.juiceguild.com. Just saying...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
So what are you trying to do? Form a 25 man guild or merge into one 10 man guild?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I think I speak for most of us when I say, good on ya' for taking the first step.

A faction change is probably your best option, if you can get all or most of your prominent folks to invest in that. If that isn't possible, there are of course some strong Alliance options.

Balian mentioned Chiron, and I can vouche for several Chiron members. But I haven't really seen them on the radar so far, not sure what that's about. Maybe worth a chat with their GM?

As an ex-Riddle of Steel member/officer, I can for sure vouche for them. They're a really good group of people -- a lot of maturity and pretty much troll/drama-free. On a strictly personal level, my favorite group of people I've played with. A lot of really good people have started/been there (me, Fex, Holyzadkiel, Rumraisin, Cero, a lot of others), and a lot of really good people are still there (Roxos, Finklestein, Sunspot, Grynn, Yatsutora, etc.). When I was there, we mostly just struggled with getting a full roster of people to raid. We would end up with like 5-6 really good people, and 4-5 that we were carrying. Eventually, those who wanted to be on the cutting edge just fizzled out. However, if they absorbed a high amount of talent (such as what's being discussed here), they could go a long way. That said, I'm not sure that they'd be interested -- I would point you to Roxos/Finklestein for inquiries.

And then, of course, there's Juice. I'm unfamiliar with the personal issues behind Sanity/Balian, but I can tell you that if we moved past those, we could use a lot of your talent. We have 2 progression raid groups running right now -- one that often has to sub in one or two folks a night. Filling those spots consistently would be great. We also have a strong line-up of folks who are currently un-tapped talent, and a 3rd team would not be at all out of the question. If we got even a handful of your best here, we could likely plug a couple of them in to team 2 to flesh out a consistent roster, then start a 3rd team with your members as it's core.

But, again, I don't know how serious the personality issues are between Juice and Sanity.

Anyhow. Like I said originally, really cool of you guys to take the first step in this. Would love to see something come of it this.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Too bad Balian...when you make comments like the ones I quoted then come onto the forums to beg a hand (yes I know it's a pride swallowing effort) then you have to be prepared to eat crow. His tank recruitment thread could very well have not included such slights and I never would have responded.

I told you how I work before and nothing has changed.

Also I've noticed you've not so cleverly omitted my (or rather Zuber's) guild from your list even though we're ahead in progression of all the alliance guilds you listed. You're a good troll and yes you got me to bite. But what you perhaps missed in your quest to champion advancements in Alliance-Nazgrel progression is that such slights make you look both ignorant and biased and don't work for your cause but against it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
01/27/2011 1:40 PMPosted by Nakor
Also I've noticed you've not so cleverly omitted my (or rather Zuber's) guild from your list even though we're ahead in progression of all the alliance guilds you listed.

Maybe he omitted Leviathan because there's extremely little chance that Sanity would be interested in joining a guild led by a person who just got done flaming them for trying to be the bigger man?

Just sayin'.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
01/27/2011 1:47 PMPosted by Exin
Also I've noticed you've not so cleverly omitted my (or rather Zuber's) guild from your list even though we're ahead in progression of all the alliance guilds you listed.

Maybe he omitted Leviathan because there's extremely little chance that Sanity would be interested in joining a guild led by a person who just got done flaming them for trying to be the bigger man?

Just sayin'.

Or perhaps because Nakor is nothing more than a talking head whom we are forced to tolerate on these forums, but is certainly not a player that anyone considers accomplished in anyway, shape or form. He talks alot. He has lots of opinions. He just never kills any bosses, and isn't a very skilled player. But hey, he's always prepared with a laundry list of excuses for why he isn't participating in the content he so loves to comment on.

Its in no way a slight to Zuber. He's very well liked by most of the server, and well thought of by Juice, and certainly myself. But Zuber being a popular guy doesn't make this guild you speak of a good fit for what Sanity is looking for. You see, I'm trying to be helpful here, where you're just being an angry Canadian as per usual.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
01/27/2011 2:11 PMPosted by Balian
angry Canadian

reported for racism.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
@Balian: Agree with most of what you said, especially the part about not being content with stagnation, but not too sure about the #1 enemy target thing. The “guild burying” story must have been before my time, or maybe still harboring secretly in some people’s memories for all I know. Either one doesn’t really matter to me, I have enough RL drama to not be interested in wow drama.

@Svicious: Depending on guild size after all is said and done, we discussed doing 25s on farm boss night(s), and splitting into two 10s for progression attempts the remainder of the week. If a merge resulted in only enough to do 10s - with guaranteed strong talent off the bench too - then no issue there either. Alternate ideas are welcome.

@Exin: Thanks for speaking up, lots of great suggestions.

@Nakor: "Thanks" for your contributions, and grats on your progression to date. Not sure what you want from me/us.

This motion is a step above finding 1 or 2 players here to patch in for a few weeks… every few weeks. We are very interested in find a mutually beneficial long term solution here that could hopefully produce a guild with more versatile class/role options. The politics, vanity, history, suspense, he-said-she-said, etc. truly don’t interest us.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Well Gully jumped the gun and negated the delicately worded and pointed post that I was going to make. I guess I will just have to add some additional thoughts to his and answer some questions that are probably lingering in the back of your minds.

To expand on what Gully stated, we are far from fizzled out on progression.

Near the end of WotLK the guild made the difficult decision to focus on 10man content instead of 25man content. In doing so we ensured we had a core group of raiders that were competent and capable of producing the results we desired. Unfortunately, as we have recently found, only having a dozen or more core raiders can create some problems of it's own. The main problem being that of attendance.

Recently we have had had a bad string of real life interfering with our raiding. By only having one or two people on standby we waste entire nights of progression when a person can't make it on. That is what forced us to accept that even for 10-man content we need more than 10-12 competent and capable raiders. We need to have a complete second group and an additional 5-6 individuals to ensure that everyone is able to raid and that we meet the progression goals we've set.

Like you Balian, we believe that Nazgrel has plenty of capable and competent raiders. This is why we decided that we are going to stay here. I think some of the guilds you have mentioned would make great additions to our family and in fact, we have already discussed some of them internally. I know you have a new website – I had hoped better of Fex, I expected full html,css,javascript goodness instead of flash – but I'm afraid our sanity might unravel with all that high fructose corn syrup (a.k.a. corn sugar).

Over the next week some of you might be getting whispers from myself or Gully. If we can scour up enough competent and capable raiders to ensure we have enough antipsychotics to keep our sanity going, that would be great. If another guild would like to join us, we will be happy to have another ward full of patients. Should we have to cross factions, drink the Kool-aid or make our beds elsewhere we're fine with that as well.

Ultimately we want to ensure that we continue and even surpass our current rate of progression.

And now, just because I think I missed including it in some of the sentences - competent and capable.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
01/27/2011 2:12 PMPosted by Exin
angry Canadian

reported for racism.

3 of our officers are Canadian! o.O
Edited by Gullygawd on 1/27/2011 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/27/2011 2:26 PMPosted by Asterion
I had hoped better of Fex, I expected full html,css,javascript goodness instead of flash

I am so glad someone here finally understands why I'm not particular proud of it. Full-flash sites are an abomination to the Lord.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Wow, I guess I shouldn't have taken the time to edit and recompose my thoughts. You guys flew right past me. When I started my previous post the last reply was Balian's first post.

@Nakor not to step into the flames, but given some of your most recent posts on the forums we, well maybe just I, assumed that you would not be open to such ideas.

@Svicious I think we would want to maintain a 10man focus for progression. That said, it would be nice to have a complete second group that could keep pace or even outpace our current group and some additional bodies to fill in when needed. If we were able to accomplish that, then we would probably look at doing 25-mans on farm bosses and breaking up into our constituent 10-mans for progression bosses.

@Gullygawd Politics is my livelihood; I love the vanity, history, intrigue and suspense that comes from it. How can you hate that? But... Like you I enjoy my WoW baggage and hassle free.

@Exin It's not racism when you are pointing out a bonafide fact – all Canadians are angry, just ask @Gullygawd.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
01/27/2011 2:46 PMPosted by Asterion
@Exin It's not racism when you are pointing out a bonafide fact – all Canadians are angry, just ask @Gullygawd.

OOOOooooh, sort of like pointing out that all criminals are black or mexican? I get it. Okay, totally not racist. :D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 2:41 PMPosted by Fex
Full-flash sites are an abomination to the Lord.

The Lord thy God is not pleased with the sugary water you have put upon his alter. I would avoid stepping outside during snow or rain least ye be struck down for your blasphemy.

On a lighter note, for a quickie it was pretty clever.

I would note however, that the National Corn Growers Association will surely be in contact with you in the near future. In case you didn't get the memo, hfcs is now known as corn sugar. Corn sugar brings a more natural and organic feeling to the product instead of the chemical sounding hfcs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]