Although we are still capable of tanking, I think the suggestions I will list below would improve the "natural-ness" of our tanking, while fixing/lessening most of those issues. Since the patch seems imminent, this is probably being suggested too late.
I appreciate the efforts of those that have suggested their own talent trees, but I don't feel that those address the current problems. Although I could be wrong (and hope I am), the lack of any developer response for a while makes me wonder if they currently have a blood template to work from. If not, hopefully this might be a good starting point.
Any talents not listed are unmodified. I don't PvP, so I don't know how this will impact that.
This also assumes that all current PTR changes will go in effect.
Class-wide change: remove Glyph of Dark Succor; change DS to be a 15% HP heal baseline (read mastery change before you complain).
- • Heart Strike - Keep unchanged from PTR notes (maybe less damage, see rest and Tier 6); switch this to heal us for 60% of what DS currently heals for (as in, lower min/max healing to 60%.)
• Veteran of the Third War - Increases total stamina by 9% and expertise by 12
• Mastery: Blood Shield - Triggered exclusively by HS. %'s unmodified
- • Blade Barrier - When blood runes are on cooldown, decreases physical damage taken by 1/2/3% and magical damage taken by 2/4/6% (physical will be made up elsewhere)
- • Scarlet Fever - Gives your PS a 50/100% chance to apply Scarlet Fever, reducing their physical damage dealt by 10% for 21s
- • Change BCB to Bloodthirsty - Whenever your HS or DS fails to land for any reason, increases your rune regeneration rate by 10/20/30% for 3s. Further failures will increase this timer by 3s.
• Bone Shield - In addition to the current effect, reduces the cost of DRW to 30 RP as long as the player has at least 1 charge of bone shield.
• Toughness - In addition to the current effect, reduces physical damage taken by 3% per enemy that is diseased by your Blood Plague. Lasts for 10s and stacks 5 times. Refreshed whenever a Blood Plague tick goes off. (# of stacks might need to change; probably too difficult to implement)
- • Change to Blood Parasites (not talent) - increase the explosion radius of bloodworms by 15yds, but decrease the amount healed by 50% and cap to 5 members intelligently healed.
- • No changes
- • Rename Improved Death Strike to Bloody Strikes - Increases the damage of DS by 90%, and its crit rate by 9%. Increases the damage and healing of HS by 45% and increases its crit rate by 9%.
• Crimson Scourge - Increases the damage of Blood Boil by 30/60% and your auto-attacks against targets infected with your Blood Plague have a 5/10% chance to immediately refresh the cooldown of Rune Tap. (ICD > 20s to prevent DW from gaining an unfair advantage; add in a Power Aura like Paladin Grand Crusader)
- • No changes
For Blood Shield stacking, allow HS to refresh current timer and stack shields. Set cap at a value equal to 3x max HS healing (27% I think, unless talents modify the min/max heal range. 30% is probably fine too; math: .15*.6*3). This should prevent abuse, but not be significantly low enough that it will conflict with HS on a regular basis.
Further comments in post below.
edit 1: formatting