How to open Servant's Access Door in Kara?

(Locked)

I'm solo'ing old raids I never finished in BC and I read that finishing the Opera event will unlock the door (the door on the 2nd level) but it's still locked. Is this a bug??
85 Gnome Warlock
Run into the door. It opens when the server thinks you're on the other side, which can be achieved by simply walking into the door.
90 Undead Priest
I am stuck right now on my druid also. Kinda of a pain in the ass..
85 Draenei Shaman
If my memory is correct, you have to clear the balcony above the opera and actually open the door form the inside in order to use it from the outside.
90 Draenei Priest
01/31/2011 11:35 AMPosted by Kron
I'm solo'ing old raids I never finished in BC and I read that finishing the Opera event will unlock the door (the door on the 2nd level) but it's still locked. Is this a bug??

From what I remember, finishing opera never unlocked it, we always had a rogue or druid stealth to the door while everyone else ran outside and around because the door needed to be opened from the inside.
85 Night Elf Priest
01/31/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Lenna
Run into the door. It opens when the server thinks you're on the other side, which can be achieved by simply walking into the door.

That was a bug. You still had to do Opera event, then you'd back into the door near the corner and then turn and face the door and it would open. They fixed that a while back. After you do Opera event, just clear through the balcony area and open it from the inside.
100 Troll Rogue
I cannot open it either, tried lockpicking, can't do it. Did the bosses in order, still won't open. I cleared out the balcony, no dice.

What am I missing?
90 Tauren Warrior
I'd wondered about this for years and recently stumbled on an possible answer... after I defeated opera and nightbane I walked into the rear side of the servant's access door and it opened into the ballroom area.

I'm not sure if defeating nightbane is whats required but it opened. one of the most undocumented secrets in tier 4 raiding and no super secret room on the other side. it's accessable from the corner room behind nightbane's terrace.
85 Gnome Mage
01/31/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Lenna

QUANTUM TUNNELING
85 Undead Rogue
All you need to do is clear Opera then walk into the door from the interior side. It'll open and you can enter from outside.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]