5.2 Guild XP guide: How to earn it

100 Undead Priest
02/01/2011 12:48 PMPosted by Bankytoo
So its looking like there is no point to running the dungeons with level appropriate characters. All that matters is getting as many people to 85 asap.

Sucks that all the low level players who joined our guild can't really contribute at all to the guild-level.
It's true. A bunch of 70s working their way up to 85 can contribute a huge amount, but most of it will come from questing in the 80-85 zones.
Reply Quote
72 Undead Rogue
Everyone started a new character to try the new leveling content so being at 30ish sucks.

A group of level 30s running gnomer should get at least 70% of a group of 85s running a normal dungeon.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Does Arena work? I've 2v2 Arena'd in a guild group (even had the little icon up top) and we didn't seem to earn any guild xp as far as I could tell.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
02/02/2011 9:46 AMPosted by Melynda
Does Arena work? I've 2v2 Arena'd in a guild group (even had the little icon up top) and we didn't seem to earn any guild xp as far as I could tell.

I don't think Arena awards GXP yet, just rated BGs.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Hmm. It was supposed to, but I agree, the people in my guild doing Arenas aren't reporting any Guild XP gains. I'll edit as appropriate.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Bregdark, what do you put in your hair to give it that wonderful sheen?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Lich King Daily Quests:
17,350 Dalaran Fishing daily
13,012 Dalaran Cooking daily

Whoah, i had no idea these were worth so much. Worth doing again, I guess.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
02/03/2011 2:10 AMPosted by Vivimord
Bregdark, what do you put in your hair to give it that wonderful sheen?
Ectoplasmic goo.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Do you have any idea where they said they planned to make arenas give guild xp?

If they're supposed to, then it's troubling that they don't.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Vivi, arena was listed on the Blizzcon 2009 slides as an example of a guild activity that would award experience.

See this smoking gun here:
http://wow.joystiq.com/photos/blizzcon-2009-game-systems-panel-1/#2228461

Of course that same slide lists:
Levels
Reputation ranks
Boss kills
Rated BG wins / Arena wins
Profession ranks

In reality, it ended up being only 1.5 of those 5 things. So was it meant to be 2 out of 5 instead of 1.5 out of 5? Who knows. I honestly can't say if arena not awarding Guild XP is intentional or not.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Started a separate general thread about Arena and Guild XP, let's see if we can get a blue poster to take the bait:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2029915936
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
The daily quests from the current holiday event, Love is in the Air, each award 17,350 Guild XP, putting them on par with the capital city cooking/fishing, Dalaran fishing, and Tol Barad dailies.

If you're 85, you can currently complete 4 daily quests for the holiday each day.

One daily quest, Crushing the Crown, is bugged and not available. (I don't know how much Guild XP that quest offers to those who are 71 to 80; if you know, please contribute.)

Another daily quest is bugged for one of your faction leaders who is no longer available (Cairne for Horde, Magni Bronzebeard for Alliance).

1. Random (1 of "A Cloudlet of Classy Cologne" or "A Perfect Puff of Perfume" or "Bonbon Blitz")

If Horde:
2. A Gift for the Warchief
3. A Gift for the Banshee Queen
4. A Gift for the Regent Lord of Quel'Thelas

If Alliance:
2. A Gift for the King of Stormwind
3. A Gift for the High Priestess of Elune
4. A Gift for the Prophet

Queuing for the Apothecary Hummel boss and beating the encounter awards zero Guild XP, even if you are in a full guild group of 5.

EDIT: It was fixed with 4.0.6 to allow each 85 to do six daily quests each day -- the missing faction leader was added back in, and the Ulduar wagon/mob kill quest was added back in.
Edited by Bregdark on 2/21/2011 1:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Now that 4.0.6 is out, if any of you get a chance to see if any of these numbers need to be updated, please let me know.

It would also be great to get confirmation of the 3-guild member run numbers.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
02/01/2011 11:20 AMPosted by Ishamaell
My apologies, I didn't do the math and see thats how you got the numbers you got in the 3, 4, or 5 person guild dungeon groups.
Sorry, it was quite unclear before. I've tidied it up, please let me know if you find anything that's still unclear.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
One thing to clarify:

I believe Guild XP is *NOT* affected by any of the following:

* Battle standards
* Reputation racial bonuses (human)
* Experience bonus guild perks (5% or 10%)
* Heirloom items
* Anything else that grants bonuses to personal experience or reputation

My evidence is that the amounts granted seem completely fixed, regardless of what perks we've unlocked.

Anyone got any definitive proof one way or the other?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I think the guild perk bonus might still apply, but one can no longer go over the weekly cap of 3500. I don't have evidence, though, this is simply Vivintuition.

I have also read that the guild standards will apply their bonus to guild rep, but I'm yet to investigate personally.

... maybe once we unlock the epic standard.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Vivimord, you appear to be correct for guild reputation -- so a daily quest like one in Tol Barad initially offered 38 or 39 Guild Rep, and that's now up to 41 or 42 if you have both of the reputation perks unlocked.

We should test the standard earlier in the week when we're not capped!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
New hotfix takes effect on Tuesday:

"The amount of guild reputation and guild experience gained from killing a raid boss has been dramatically increased, as the previous rate felt too low compared to the difficulty of progressing through raid content. This change will require a realm restart to take effect, which will be next Tuesday's weekly scheduled maintenance at the latest."
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Confirmed from last night's raid that the increased Guild XP for raid bosses is NOT yet implemented.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]