5.2 Guild XP guide: How to earn it

100 Undead Priest
03/17/2011 1:25 AMPosted by Tralf
I'll try and verify this later today. Considering 1 kill on 25 man would award a little shy of half the daily cap, and raids occur in the evening, verification is a bit unlikely.

Any luck, Tralf?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Upcoming changes in 4.1 from the latest PTR patch notes:

* The amount of guild experience rewarded for rated Battleground guild group wins has been dramatically increased.
* Players are now rewarded guild experience for Honorable Kills in the field.
* Players are now rewarded guild experience for Battleground wins in Battleground brackets up to level 80.
* Arena teams are now awarded guild experience for wins. The entire team must be members of the same guild to earn this experience.

All welcome changes! Especially the arena one, that's been a long-time complaint.

Anyone on the PTR doing rated BGs, let me know what you find please! (Or, for that matter, anyone doing rated BGs live now, please let me know how much Guild XP you earn today.)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I always thought guild xp from questing was 25% of the rewarded xp. But after checking closely this morning it seems they nerfed it to 20%.

Just did two dailies on Kali and got 12562xp per daily. So a total of 25124xp. But my guild only got 5024xp total.

That is only 20% of the total.

When did they change guild xp from quests down to 20%?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Interesting. Which two dailies did you do?

It may be you're getting a lot of bonuses to XP via heirloom items, so you're still getting 25% of the base XP as Guild XP, but you get more personal experience due to bonuses and perks.
Edited by Bregdark on 3/24/2011 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Interesting. Was looking for a guide like this. Things have been hectic for me for some time, so just now able to settle in and look more into the guild progression. x_x

Thanks for working on this guide. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Absolutely amazing collection of information. Just what I was looking for. =)

I didn't see any definitive explanation for the Guild Battle Standards, just a post or two discussing them. I was wondering exactly how they work -- do they only affect Experience gained as needed to level, and beyond Battlegrounds or Rep grinding offer nothing for PvE players?

I was under the assumption it might increase Exp Gains from Bosses. =( Seems like something it should do. Very sad if this isn't the case (for now anyhow. =P)

Thanks again for all your work OP!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
46.5k heroic 5-man boss
31k normal 5-man boss
46.5/31=1.5

Regular raid boss 78.7k
Hypothesis: Heroic raid boss 78.7k*1.5=~118k

I'll try and verify this later today. Considering 1 kill on 25 man would award a little shy of half the daily cap, and raids occur in the evening, verification is a bit unlikely.

bumpity bumpy bump

Any conformation on how much heroic raid bosses give compared to normal raid bosses? Also if you wipe on the encounter of a raid boss, does it destroy your guild xp gain for that fight?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I just filed a ticket about Throne of the Tides as well. In my experience, the first boss does award Guild XP, and then the next three bosses don't award any at all.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
03/29/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Addox
Also if you wipe on the encounter of a raid boss, does it destroy your guild xp gain for that fight?
Nope, you can wipe as many times as you like, you'll still get the Guild XP awarded when you do defeat the boss.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
03/28/2011 1:41 AMPosted by Katurian
Absolutely amazing collection of information. Just what I was looking for. =)
Thanks! If you enjoy, please request sticky!

I didn't see any definitive explanation for the Guild Battle Standards, just a post or two discussing them. I was wondering exactly how they work -- do they only affect Experience gained as needed to level, and beyond Battlegrounds or Rep grinding offer nothing for PvE players?

I was under the assumption it might increase Exp Gains from Bosses. =( Seems like something it should do. Very sad if this isn't the case (for now anyhow. =P)

Thanks again for all your work OP!
Guild Battle Standards do increase the amount of personal experience your character gains from any kill (trash or boss). They do not affect quest experience. They also increase the amount of personal reputation gained by 10%.

They do not seem to affect Guild XP in any way. I don't believe they affect guild rep either (but I'm maxed so can't double-check that, sorry).
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Interesting. Was looking for a guide like this. Things have been hectic for me for some time, so just now able to settle in and look more into the guild progression. x_x

Thanks Trix, good to see you back! We need to kill Onyxia some more! I just want to see her drop that mount just once...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Thanks Trix, good to see you back! We need to kill Onyxia some more! I just want to see her drop that mount just once...

No kidding. Haha. :P She's just so dang stubborn!

Yeah, we ( me and Tomi ) figured a lot of y'all would be busy with all the new content and haven't had much time for ourselves in a while with so much else going on. Just let us know ahead of time so we can get our schedules adjusted in order to join up for the Ony raids again. :) We've enjoyed hanging out with y'all.

<3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Once we break out lvl 23 on the 4th..the race is ON!!!...I will be most likely updateing this post on a daily basis as I can.I figure with a 25 crew...and 3-4 independant 10 man Cata raid crews all doing our thing.....as well as spamming Heroics it wont take much time at all.(Hopefully). I will post again tomarrow(4th) when we break 23 and as I can from then to 25.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Level 23 at 4:12 Kael'Thas Server Time!!!...thats 1:12 Pacific Standard!!!....GAME ON FOLKS!!!...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Helped get my guild to 23 at around 6 am server, gonna sleep for a bit and then it's back to the grind. Lotta useful information in the thread, thanks for gathering it all in one place.

Timing is pretty nice too, raids reset tomorrow so that'll be a good chunk of xp, on top of having people grinding heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Back on at 3 pm KT Servertime....and we have hit 71% to 24....with Primetime coming up very soon its going to be a BUSY evening!...and Yes...Great timing on raid resets tomarrow.Got 25 man...and 2-3 10's all planning to blow it up!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Level 24 hit at 6:08 PM KT server time....approx 14 hours after level 23 was hit....moving right along....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/04/2011 04:10 PMPosted by Garwulf
Level 24 hit at 6:08 PM KT server time....approx 14 hours after level 23 was hit....moving right along....

Congratulations! My guild is doing around the same pace, unfortunately our server is home to a guild that is somehow exploiting the Baron Silverlaine encounter in SFK in order to get faster guild experience. Details are hard to come by but their dbm announces indicate that they've been wiping on Silverlaine for hours.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]