Deathwing Achievement

90 Gnome Warrior
Has anyone gotten the one where they get killed by Deathwing as he flies over a zone? I ask, because it seems like one of those that is even more random luck than most.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I know a few random people who got the achievement right before the expansion came out. It seems that DW used to make a regular pass through Arathi highlands and said players would just camp their characters there all day until it happened.

It is a feat of strength achievement however, and in a system where the points mean nothing something that gives no points at all is especially worthless in my book.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Not anymore.
It does give points.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I believe it's under exploration, which leads me to believe that it may not even be obtainable once he's finally a boss and has some kind of fire move, but only through being in the right place at the right time.

I've only seen him twice and neither time was it on my shaman. My mage got nuked while inside the Gadgetzan inn before I even knew what the red tinted sky meant, and my druid, despite her best efforts, was unable to set herself ablaze in the flames he left throughout Twilight Highlands.

/boggle
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I managed to fly through the flames twice and live, and still get the achievement.
And I believe he will kill random zones UNTIL he becomes a boss.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
02/01/2011 6:33 PMPosted by Almondlucky
I managed to fly through the flames twice and live, and still get the achievement.
And I believe he will kill random zones UNTIL he becomes a boss.

so utterly random. wonderful
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Random Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms zones, not including capital cities, but including cities such as Gadget./Ramkahen/etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
MMO-champ said something to the effect of him continuing flyovers until the individual realm-first kills. Which makes sense, but as it's MMO champ, you never know.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
He still flies around and pewpew's. Its any zone but major cities/outland/northrend/Tol barad

He has hit Twilight Highlands while I have fished. He will only hit a section. If you are in the zone and you see the sky turn red, just go look for him. Even if you don't die and you don't get the achievement, being in the zone should allow you to dive into a few of the fires left and gain the achievement (so blizzard has said and I have done)

However, sometimes the fire bugs out and you don't get the achievement
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You can run to multiple fires, I had to.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
It is currently listed under Exploration Cataclysm.
I would think it would become a feat of strength later on.

ON the night of the Cata release I saw him.
I was simply exploring Uldum with my new flyer.
The sky turned red and I thought, how interesting, let me fly back out and do that again so I can see the color change effect again.... except it didnt happen. Instead I saw this huge dragon flying right by me. I tried to keep up but 270% is not enough. I looked down and saw buildings on fire. I did swing down and they didn't give me any achievement but I was able to call it out and two or three guildies were able to do so before he flew to their area.

Anyway, I was doing some Cata dailies on the 21st in Twilight Highlands and the sky turned red. I simply ran to a city with a FP and waited and recieved the achievement. I also had to wait on the npc's to reappear in Uldum again after I ported there and died within a matter of seconds.

My tip, just do your dailies in the new areas and run to a city with a FP when the sky turns red. You'll eventually get it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I got it when a guildie got it.

They were in Uldum when it happened, so i hearthed and ported to Uldum and literally was dead right as i zoned in and got the achievement.

He flames all over the portal entrance and it stays there for at least 5 minutes.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
We just had it happen to a guild-mate yesterday in Arathi.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
i got the achievement on one of my toons when i was on a flight path through the southern barrens i didn't die tho
Reply Quote
When the expansion released I had a short love affair with archaeology, very hot and heavy before it all turned sour. I was digging up my umpteenth nelf artifact in Winterspring when the whole place went from blue to red. I had just enough time to say "What's this then?" before I keeled over dead and got the achievement.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
lol lvl 10 friend (first time player) got it in westfall he said "why is the sky a red colour?" and then we just see him get stood in the fire soo our whole guild rushes over to him
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Got it here yesterday in the Wetlands. had afk'd, so missed it, but I did the gnomeish happy dance when I found out why I had died
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
This toon has seen deathwing fly over three times now...red screen, tense music sound.....and...no death >.<

I got it on elunamakata by finding a fire after the same thing.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
best way to get is it to just afk in gadgetzan at the mailbox over the weekend
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]