Teach me How To Subtlety

85 Troll Hunter
Well then. I drink this Potion of the Tol'vir in your honor, deadly sir.
Edited by Felkez on 2/2/2011 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Too late. Already posted a video on youtube of Laéf and Felkez dancing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
02/02/2011 6:45 AMPosted by Saifu
what is stealth gear?

which glyphs?

you can pick up stealth gear from a quest around level 50+.. to increase stealth.

There are many items that can increase your stealth lvl.

Glyphs -- Ones that benefit the sub style of play.. Hit and run / Kite abilities are key.

I read earlier that you said "when do i just give up on ambush?" thats pretty much how most of the rogues play.. and its because they dont know how to play..

Ambush should be your #1 attack at all times.. If you are backstabbing more than you are ambushing = you are not playing properly.

lol no offense but troll???
Reply Quote
02/02/2011 9:05 AMPosted by Laéf
Crepe....

Strawberry?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Sub is all about being sneaky.

The trick is to very sneakily roll a Frost Mage.

To do this you must first in secret create a frost mage. Tell noone of this venture. Tell your guildies you have developed the bubonic plague, but you'll be okay in a couple weeks.

Zerg to 85.

Then You'll want to farm your PVP gear. Simply AFK through a few BG's and you'll be ready to FUN it up in no time.

Next you must rename your Rogue. Name him something Silly. Like Derpington.
Then rename your Frost Mage to whatever your Rogues old name was.

Don't tell anyone. Also, make sure you keep the Tunic you get in Burning Crusades, I know it's bright purple, but you need a tunic to keep your friends fooled. When asked to DPS, make sure you always DPS in melee range. Occasionally let yourself die in fires so nobody questions your roguery.

If anyone asks why your energy bar is blue, kill them with icelance spam. Dead men tell no secrets!
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
02/02/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Discofly
what is stealth gear?

which glyphs?

you can pick up stealth gear from a quest around level 50+.. to increase stealth.

There are many items that can increase your stealth lvl.

Glyphs -- Ones that benefit the sub style of play.. Hit and run / Kite abilities are key.

I read earlier that you said "when do i just give up on ambush?" thats pretty much how most of the rogues play.. and its because they dont know how to play..

Ambush should be your #1 attack at all times.. If you are backstabbing more than you are ambushing = you are not playing properly.

lol no offense but troll???

Yes, of course he's trolling. Just downrate his stupid ass and move on.

Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
i just asked....
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
to play sub, you try it for a while, then when you notice you're damage is sub par you flip out and spec back into Assassination
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Lischon - At low levels, I think Sub is the best. Instant/Instant or Instant/Wound on your poisons.

Make a macro that casts Premeditation and Ambush, so you only have to push one button

Clothies/Leather/Mail - Shadow Step > Premed/Ambush > Eviscerate > Hemo > Recup (even if its only 1 cp) > (BS if you can ) If not, Hemo to 5cp and Eviscerate.

Some mail and leathers may still be alive but most are dead after this.

If your getting kited you may need to vanish and start over, but at low levels sub has enough burst to kill clothies after 3 hits and leather mail after 4 or 5

Plate - Shadow Step > Premed/Ambush > Eviscerate > Hemo > Blind > Stealth > Ambush > Eviscerate

All this is for low level. Once you get shadow dance your strategy changes completely. Also once you get improved recup your strategy changes.

I open with ambush on all classes. Very rarely do I use garrote.

Just remember tho, unless your really good at playing and know what your doing, a rogue with burnt CD's is a dead rogue.

Preparation vanish and blind are your friends!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
low levels sub is top, right now at 85 you need to choose between having a decent mobility with utility for the sacrifice of damage, or damage with little utility and VERY little mobility. Im only sub because of the not close enough spam, but the damage is very, very low. I played all throughout wotlk as sub and it def. takes a higher skill cap then mut
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I have been working alot and i haven't had a chance to get on. Just wanted to say thx to every1 that had something helpful to say.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]