Tabard Spam...

(Locked)

85 Tauren Shaman
I, for one, vote for either of two ideas:

1) Keyring style tabard tab. This allows you to keep up with them and they don't use bag space and can probably keep the slot on the Character screen to see what tabard you have equipped, /use still works, etc.

2) Tabard tab like pets or mounts and a /command for equipping or activating. Both pets and mounts used to take bag space. Why not one for tabards so you can see them in a nice screen if you want with the icons, etc.

Granted, I will take anything that saves inventory space. I just don't want a boring drop down or whatever.
85 Troll Rogue
elegant solution? bah. just give us a separate wardrobe and armoire tabs in the bank!
Edited by Mahasukarah on 1/26/2011 6:44 PM PST
Community Manager
We have a variety of things that we want to do as part of ongoing development for World of Warcraft, and a storage solution for tabards is just one of them. We understand that many of you care about this kind of feature, so we want to make sure that whatever we come up with is not only in line with our design goals (both in the short- and long-term), but is also appealing to you. We know that you have a lot of ideas on how this may be accomplished, so we're going to be keeping an eye on your discussions in the meantime. We may ask questions or point out potential concerns along the way, but don't let that discourage you; we love that you're being open with us and want you to keep sharing your thoughts and criticisms -- constructively, of course. :)

01/26/2011 7:37 AMPosted by Drelnu
Its like saying "We realize fossil fuels have problems, but we're not gonna think about improving nuclear energy because some day we might be able to use cold-fusion to generate everything we need."

Your slope, sir. I fear it is slippery.

I can appreciate the underlying concern, though, along with similar feedback that's been provided in this thread. It's certainly something I can pass on to our designers.
85 Dwarf Hunter
Simply sell one "blank" tabard that you character can wear. Then each time you get a new tabard it is learned like a new enchant spell but stored in a tab like pets and mounts are now or like a new profession. When you want to wear a tabard you put on the "blank", open your tabard UI and choose from every tabard spell that you've learned the one u want and enchant the "blank". It's attributes are then copied onto the "blank". With this method there isnt any problem with on use abilities because there is still a physical item to click on.
Edited by Rotbeer on 1/26/2011 7:23 PM PST
85 Worgen Hunter
You have a tabard tab. You just have to purchase another bank slot. In fact, you can have whatever kind of tab you want! A t-shirt tab, trinket tab, fortune card tab. You name it!
85 Tauren Paladin
How about you just make the tabards have its Drop down menu or Tab what ever and just exclude the "Use Abbilities" from that list.
90 Worgen Druid
I haven't read through all 12 pages of this thread yet, but I would like to add my suggestion. I apologize if it has already been mentioned.

What not go about it in the way of mage portals/teleporting? Provide a fly out window within the character screen on the tabard slot. (Much like how you can choose specific items when creating presets for the Equipment Manager) This way, you can select "none" or select any other tabard that you have bought and paid for.

The coding clearly exists within the game and doesn't seem like it would be two hard to implement. On use tabards would operate just fine, as would regular ones.

That is just my two copper :)
90 Gnome Mage
THe fastest fix is to make our main bank bigger, maybe another 2 rows? Even 1 would be helpful. Also add a space for another bag in the bank slots. I am sure it wot take that long to add. :D
90 Orc Warrior
just a thought, how about a drop down menu much like the title menu on the character page that "equips" the tabard you want instead of having a slot for it, also would eliminate having an item for as well, just buy from vendor and its in your menu

if this has been suggested already forgive me, i havent read the entire post
85 Blood Elf Priest
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but why not handle it similar to keys and the keyring, with a narrow (!) button opening up a bag with variable slots that all your tabards automatically go into.

This makes them more fun to have than just a dropdown list as well, since this way they actually still feel like items you have.

I hope Mr Blue reads this because I think it's a good idea and I don't want it overlooked :<
Edited by Cybele on 1/26/2011 8:04 PM PST
90 Night Elf Warrior
One idea that would be nice would be a huge bag but with an ilvl restriction on what can be put in. If you had a 36 slot bag that could hold only ilvl 1 items that would cover most tabards as well as fun holiday items that people love to collect.
90 Undead Mage
01/26/2011 7:17 PMPosted by Lylirra
We have a variety of things that we want to do as part of ongoing development for World of Warcraft, and a storage solution for tabards is just one of them. We understand that many of you care about this kind of feature, so we want to make sure that whatever we come up with is not only in line with our design goals (both in the short- and long-term), but is also appealing to you. We know that you have a lot of ideas on how this may be accomplished, so we're going to be keeping an eye on your discussions in the meantime. We may ask questions or point out potential concerns along the way, but don't let that discourage you; we love that you're being open with us and want you to keep sharing your thoughts and criticisms -- constructively, of course. :)

Its like saying "We realize fossil fuels have problems, but we're not gonna think about improving nuclear energy because some day we might be able to use cold-fusion to generate everything we need."

Your slope, sir. I fear it is slippery.

I can appreciate the underlying concern, though, along with similar feedback that's been provided in this thread. It's certainly something I can pass on to our designers.

Why not add a "Tabard Rack" in line with the bags and key ring and have it work the same way as the key ring? It seems like a logical solution. It can be made to shrink and expand just like the key ring does in 4's. Just an idea.
Storage was something I found a little lacking in this expansion. Not only was the new Embersilk bag the same size as the Glacial bag from the previous expansion, but there were no new bank slots, no new storage improvements like we've seen in the past with key rings, or the changes to mounts/vanity pets. The tabbard drop down is a cool idea though. Likewise an appearance tab that is built by consuming clothing.
85 Draenei Death Knight
I admit that I have not read through all the posts, but one solution (and it may have been suggested already) is to make a Tabard tab much like the one we use fro Glyphs. Blizzard tells us that some tabards have certain uses when we wear them, well that sounds a lot like Glyphs to me (each has a specific ability when placed on the character) and so a similar system where we can see the tabards we do and do not have could be implimented, and when we buy them they are unlocked there and we can wear them whenever we want. Im no expert on the technical part of tabards and that jazz, but its one idea.
85 Human Paladin
if theres room for 22 full armor chest plates in a bag, or 22 2-h weapons, i dont see why we cant fold like 60 cloth tabards into the same bag

BLIZZ USE LOGIC PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

actually, if we had bag spacing like in D2, we'd all be majorly boned

post retracted
4 Gnome Warlock
Uhhhhhh.........give us the bank tab or big tabard bag now while you work on the long term solution.
Is that really so difficult? Why does it have to be 'elegant'? It's a simple, short term solution that works.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]