Tabard Spam...

(Locked)

82 Blood Elf Warlock
01/25/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.

It's not that hard. There's already a system in game that would be perfect. You know the little combat pet/ mount thing you did? Do it for tabards. Problem solved.
85 Troll Hunter
I want an appearance tab for cosmetic gear purposes...this mismatched clown suit is getting old lol
01/25/2011 3:51 PMPosted by Blackriver

We're not trying to over complicate the situation, but if we're looking at adding a new feature, we want to make sure it's meaningful and appropriate for the game in the long-term. (Or, you know, at least try to.)

Right now, we're considering a variety of options because we agree that tabard storage would be great, and some of those options extend beyond simply adding another bank slot -- not because they're complex, but because we believe they'll make the most sense and feel the best when you're in game.

We're not against interim solutions on principle by any means, especially if we feel they're worthwhile. It's just that we have to tread lightly and always be mindful of what happens to those stopgaps once the final product is released.

So, um... what about the armor sets? /crosses fingers
*/crosses fingers on both hands* I personaly enjoy collecting the older sets(some of them...) or at least the most visible ones such as the chest, helmets, and shoulders... So if they somehow added a "keyring" sort of bag for the tier pieces, it would be awesome.. but till then, just have to be content with full banks xD
90 Tauren Druid
here is a crazy idea, get rid of the bags in personal banks, and make them into tabs. with increased slots....that is all
80 Night Elf Death Knight
While you're at it, how about a "closet" for our armor sets that doesn't take up our bag space. Those of us who are gatherers run out of space way too quick between trips to the AH as it is. Carrying around 2 or possibly 3 complete armor sets for dual spec'd characters really eats up those slots.
85 Draenei Paladin
just delete ur tabards once ur finished with it.

YAY i am so clever.
81 Worgen Druid
Blue mentioned cosmetic tab! =O They might add an appearance tab!?!? =O
85 Goblin Rogue
Still hoping for a closet or wardrobe function to hold tabards and gear sets. ^_^
90 Night Elf Hunter
Blizz already has the code for the Tabard designed, it's the Keyring. Just add another Bar like the Keyring except it stores tabards. Simple.
85 Human Warrior
02/15/2011 6:12 AMPosted by Vladimir
Blizz already has the code for the Tabard designed, it's the Keyring. Just add another Bar like the Keyring except it stores tabards. Simple.

The isue I have with the "key ring" idea is that if it was just like the current key ring it wouldn't hold all of them. I have well over 45 keys, and I have some of the card game tabbards 32-36 slots just dosn't cut it. It would be a step in the right direction though.
90 Night Elf Warrior
They need to handle it like they do companions and mounts...remember when those took up bag slots too? Just add an extra tab that holds all of your tabards on the character screen, you click the tabard slot and it links over to that, or something.

85 Night Elf Hunter
i just delete most of my tabards as they can be repurchased from the vendor easy enough

i keep my ach ones

some sort or "suitcase" like a keyring would be cool
71 Draenei Paladin
YES please give us a closet for our clothes! i mean tabards!
85 Goblin Mage
I'm kind of a trash item pack-rat hoarder. I have a tonne of tabards. I havent counted them, but well beyond the achiever. probably 35 or 40 of em, not to mention a bunch of trash/common/green valued items I keep around because I think they are cool or funny. Doesn't help my bank space. Yay for my bank mule alt, but he can't take anything soulbound :(

WTB tabard tab of some sort
85 Human Paladin
In the meantime,

Might I suggest to add another row (or two) of bank tabs? Raise the cost per row of bank tabs for people that REALLY want it. That way, in the interim of exploring your options, we gain bank space for the moment. And even more once the issue is figured out. Happiness all around!!
Pls read this post and support it if you agree. I'm an avid collector myself of old tier gear and tabards, including some of the best looking weapons in game. Need more space, and once we fill all 3 additional rows of bank space, give us a title of "the Pack Rat" :) lol
85 Human Priest
01/25/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.

Nice to know that there's been some work on it already. I like to keep around a lot of tabards, mostly just for looks.

My paladin must have like 30 of them now...
90 Night Elf Hunter
should make 1 tabard that you can adjust to rep you want to gain or use just for pride. Little bit like chosing title you want to use.
85 Night Elf Rogue
I agree. I like collecting a lot of things and I don't have enough bank space for my tabards. So they sit in my inventory and take up all of THAT space. :s
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]