Tabard Spam...

(Locked)

85 Gnome Warlock
01/25/2011 10:13 AMPosted by Effingy
There has been discussion about this before...I think there were plans to add a tab to the character window that would 'hold' tabards and allow you to switch them out. They were going to make tabards a 'learned' item to make this work.....would love to know what happened there. I love switching out tabards, and have to until I reach exalted with all the factions. It would be nice to not have a bunch of bank space wasted and just be able to have a tab on the character screen for easy switching.

I read somewhere awhile ago that because some tabards have an 'activate' ability, they couldn't figure out how to make them work when learned. Or something

Correct. A "tabard tab" was something that was wanted, but tabards with "on use" abilities were gumming up the works.

I hope they are still working on it.
10 Tauren Druid
Dear blizz,
Please give us a tabard tab.

Thank You
85 Tauren Shaman
01/25/2011 11:26 AMPosted by Kurogano
for all those saying you don't want a tabard tab made for some reason please say this too....

BLIZZARD PLEASE GET RID OF MY PET AND MOUNT TABS THEY ARE NOT NEEDED AND I CAN DELETE AND SELL THESE MOUNTS AND PETS

Because mounts are as easy to replace as tabards amirite?

Idc either way. I just dont think that its needed.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Most tabards can be just purchased again from the Tabard vendor for cash. There are some that don't use cash that are inconvenient to replace, like the Ogri'la tabard that needs Apexis Shards, or the PvP ones that take honor. As well the one time event tabards like the Argent Dawn that can't be replaced at all. So I've got about a dozen tabards in the bank. It would be nice to have some place to put them, but it's not really a huge deal.
85 Worgen Death Knight
With the sheer amount of cosmetic and/or practical tabards I sub-section for them would be much appreciated (like they did with mounts/companions)
90 Night Elf Druid
You don't need to keep all of them. The achievements are to "equip" them only. So you can toss all your old rep tabards since they are easily replaceable.
Community Manager
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.
Edited by Lylirra on 1/25/2011 12:30 PM PST
01/25/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.

The same thing that was said at Blizzcon a few scant months ago.

I really wish people would read a WoW news site from time to time so the nice Blues can tackle new topics :)
90 Night Elf Druid
What if we still had a tabard armor slot and when we select something with the tab it automatically places the tabard in the equipment slot so its like a regular tabard and we can use the on use effect?
90 Night Elf Rogue
01/25/2011 9:42 AMPosted by Yanoc
Aren't there only really like 5 relevant tabards we should ever hold onto.. or at least hold onto until we're exhaulted then vedor them?

Some people like saving/collecting items in this game.

Stay tuned!

We will have more news at 11!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What about remove tabard items in all and just make a screen where you can configure which one to wear at one time and not have to carry around the item?
85 Tauren Druid
I love how we got the key ring, and right after that they removed key requirements for most stuff. I know they will make the sake mistake twice.

And why is everything a tabard? Is it so hard to make another model? A sash perhaps? A tunic? An apron even... Something! Anything but another tabard!
85 Troll Priest
01/25/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Lylirra

Clarification needed:

When you said:
We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list

Are you referring to an appearance tab for cosmetic gear options?
Edited by Bloka on 1/25/2011 12:57 PM PST
Community Manager
01/25/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Nemirov
A 75 slot tabard only bag and bank slot doesn't sound any more complicated than a 32 slot mining bag.

Is that really the most elegant solution, though? It might be quickest and simplest, but that doesn't mean there aren't better alternatives available. If we can implement a type of storage that's integrated into the character UI and doesn't take up extra bank space, then that would probably be more ideal.

(That option might not be technically possible due to the way some tabards work, of course, but it's something we're investigating.)

01/25/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Bloka
Are you referring to an appearance tab for cosmetic gear options?

No, but I can see the confusion. I just mean an additional tab that's superficial or non-essential (the literal definition of "cosmetic").
Edited by Lylirra on 1/25/2011 5:04 PM PST
90 Dwarf Hunter
For my part, I vote for a tabard equivalent of the Keyring. Basically another (unlimited-size) container that can only store tabards. Although hopefully this one won't make its contents sometimes randomly disappear, like keys do. ;-)

It would also be nice if all the tabard icon art was changed to look like the new Cata tabards, so that you can identify them by sight instead of having to mouseover 25 white tabards.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]