Tabard Spam...

(Locked)

85 Troll Priest
01/25/2011 1:00 PMPosted by Lylirra

Are you referring to an appearance tab for cosmetic gear options?

No, but I can see the confusion. I just mean an additional tab that's superficial or non-essential (the literal definition of "cosmetic").

Oh, ok thanks.

I'll just clean up the broken shards of my hopes and go cry in the corner, now.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Best way would be similar to a pet/mount inventory. The only difference is you'd be setting a selection, not summoning. There would be a tabard worn currently: status and a default item 'none'(the infamous blank guild tabard). Maybe a text pane that describes the faction/tabard for lore reference.

You would select it on that screen and it'd appear on your character screen's tabard slot (clickable and drag-able,for action bar, - if applicable)
- Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
how about a bigger backpack to store em in in the meantime? :) 16 slots is might small these days.
90 Worgen Warlock
01/25/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated)

I can see where this would be an issue if you were building the tabard into the Character Gear screen. However, it would be great to just have a simple solution in the meantime that consists of a tabard bag, which behaves just like a mining bag or keyring. Another simple solution would be just allowing players to purchase an additional bank slot or two.
85 Worgen Warrior
What about implementing something similar to the Keyring we already have? A separate slot down there with the rest of our bags that naturally grows in size as the amount of keys (or tabards) we acquire increases. It probably works a little differently, though, as you don't equip keys and actively use them, but this definitely an elegant solution and makes my brain very happy to think about.

edit: looks like the person above me already said this!
Edited by Badgers on 1/25/2011 1:12 PM PST
82 Human Death Knight
Why can't you just implement a new bankslot or a tabard bag to gives some room for now and then work on a better solution?

this way we would have our bank space sooner and you guys could take your time to deveop the tabard tab or whatever in your own pace.

Edit for spelling
Edited by Hadou on 1/25/2011 1:15 PM PST
85 Human Warrior
I like this idea. I think something like the Key ring is a good solution for this.
Acquire one it goes "on the ring" and it expands to get further.

Think having the built in armor organizer handle them like it would as if it was pulled from the bags would help with this. That way it can be put on the UI bar if it has an on use effect. This way it can be saved to armor sets like if you have an "around town" set or if you have a pve set versus a pvp set.

This way you wont have to spend the main bank space on tab bards like how mounts used to be. Or you wont have to go to the bank to swap out tabards because they would allays be on your person for easy access.

On another note.

Personally I would like to see more of the "on the back" flag like you see in arenas with the guild emblems or a faction that you wish to represent. Personally make guild standards the norm and have faction tabards separate.
80 Night Elf Druid
Best solution would be to designate them as "Keys" - Even though they wont open anything.

Then, they could be dropped into the key ring (which if I remember correctly, is ever expanding to the number of keys you have and grows as you place more keys in there.)

You could then put all the tabards you have or want to keep there. Swap out tabards as you see fit, not lose normal bag space and pretty much everyone is happy.

Simple and elegant.
Edited by Aloeverra on 1/25/2011 1:29 PM PST
85 Human Warlock
A fairly simple way to do a tabard section:
Drop down menu under 'Title' for tabard. When selecting selecting tabard it spawns the tabard on to the existing tabard inventory slot.

Tabard slot is tweaked to not allow tabards to be removed from slot / sold / traded.

I would see the only real annoying thing (from your side), would be adding all the spells for the spawning of the tabards and the spell for 'learning' the tabards when purchased. And then going back to add the one or two that get missed ;).

85 Worgen Death Knight
Is that really the most elegant solution, though? It might be quickest and simplest, but that doesn't mean there aren't better alternatives available. If we can implement a type of storage that's integrated into the character UI and doesn't take up extra bank space, then that would be ideal. .

I can understand wanting things to be 'elegant' but this obsession with 'elegance' is utterly ridiculous. Just as with the dance studio, Blizzard is dragging its heels in offering something that would be simple but very well loved in favor of trying to make something so ridiculously complex that they will never actually ship it.

Could I give you all a hint? Start simple. For the Dance Studio, for example, just give us the ability to purchase dances for other races and then make some huge system to make custom dances. For this, give us a huge bank slot or bag or keyring equivalent and then make something pointlessly complex if you wish.

Not everything has to be absurdly polished and complex. When there is a ridiculously simple solution, use it, FFS.
67 Goblin Warrior
Make it like the mount tab.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Then they could be dropped into the key ring (which if I remember correctly, is ever expanding to the number of keys you have.)

The key ring is a 32 slot bag at it's max, at least it was through LK.

Truthfully (and this is being said without reading through 4 pages of people whining) they should simply have tabards become learnable much like mounts, pets and glyphs. The system is already in place. Though i do understand the space constraints of the servers, what you add for 1 person you get to multiple by 13 million users multipled by up to 50 alts. It is a lot of information being stored, but much like things were tougher to do 6 years ago when the game started, it will only get simpler as we progress in time.
90 Night Elf Rogue
01/25/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.

this would be great - we need a wardrobe for all our non-combat related attire - all my dresses and stuff... it's all piling up!
85 Blood Elf Priest
On the reputations tab, when you click any reputation, you have 3 options: At war, Show as experience bar, and, Move to inactive.

Just add a 4th option: Wear Tabard.
It could be greyed out until a player buys the appropriate tabard.

PROBLEM SOLVED.
85 Goblin Shaman
- Obtain Tabard
- Right click tabard. Item is used, disappears and is now part of your 'Tabard List'
- Tabard slot in character sheet has little dropdown button next to it.
- Click dropdown button and choose from your 'Tabard List' which one to equip

Done.
Edited by Myrious on 1/25/2011 1:36 PM PST
85 Dwarf Rogue
01/25/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Solaru
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.

The same thing that was said at Blizzcon a few scant months ago.

I really wish people would read a WoW news site from time to time so the nice Blues can tackle new topics :)

LOL! People? Read? No, they just complain!
90 Human Warlock
01/25/2011 1:33 PMPosted by Rheyjynn
On the reputations tab, when you click any reputation, you have 3 options: At war, Show as experience bar, and, Move to inactive.

Just add a 4th option: Wear Tabard.
It could be greyed out until a player buys the appropriate tabard.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

^ This please.
90 Human Death Knight
Coming soon(tm)

with the Dance studio!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]