Tabard Spam...

(Locked)

5 Blood Elf Mage
i sdont know if this was mentioned but why not make tabards like pets? you know, we click them to learn them which puts them in a list and the ones that have an on use ability trigger an in game email that would send you a little item that says "if your wearing this tabbard you can click this and it does this" i know it wont solve the issue of useless bag items but unless there is going to be 10 more tabards with on use abilities before bigger bags come out then why not?
90 Human Paladin
in a programming standpoint, i can see then using the same templates for pets, since the Guild Page has a cooldown associated. i think the associated affect can be applied to tabards, creating a tabard tab that has a fly-out effect within the character tab, similar to the equipment manager currently has with tabards. idk, just my 2 silver

^ Beat me to it -_- :P
Edited by Jaykenobi on 1/25/2011 2:00 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
01/25/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Stabbibb
I think if you're going to be a packrat the inventory/bank space is the price you pay.

No different than all the people who collect cool items and trinkets from all the various questing they did.

If you guys get a tabard tab everyone will want a lowbie gear tab and a cool item I wanted to just keep tab and a quest items I haven't gotten to turning in yet because I wanted to do every quest in the game tab.

If you have all 22 slot bags in your bank, and no gathering profession stuff in your bank (WTB bank alt?) and you're still hurting in your bank for space because of a bag and a half of tabards I think you're probably keeping a bunch of junk.

Try playing FFXI before they virtually tripled your available inventory. Then complain about your space. lol.

Gotta love these typical "Why back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways in lava" posts.

This.
100 Human Priest
01/25/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.

While that's great to hear, I'm not exactly going to be holding my breath just yet for it.

I still think the most effective option would be to use the profession interface. That way a player could just delete the item when they were done with it, and could "recraft" it from the profession-style window.

I posted a long thread about this back on the old forums which had more elegance to it (a player could only access this new profession window from a "wardrobe" in the barbershop -- you wouldn't delete the tabard, but instead return in to the wardrobe when done with it (functionally deleting it, but acting as though you were "checking the item back into the wardrobe" instead) -- and suggesting it could be applied to all soulbound gear, not just tabards).

I hope whatever the Blizz team comes up with is effective, but honestly you have plenty of solutions that could be put to use right now that are quite elegant and could easily satisfy unusual things like tabards with on-use functions.

P.S. I suppose what I'm getting at is, while I know and appreciate that you guys hold yourselves to a high standard of quality, I think you have plenty of more than satisfactory options that could be implemented right now (or relatively soon) and not next expansion.
Edited by Planeshaper on 1/25/2011 2:18 PM PST
82 Blood Elf Warlock
For my part, I vote for a tabard equivalent of the Keyring. Basically another (unlimited-size) container that can only store tabards. Although hopefully this one won't make its contents sometimes randomly disappear, like keys do. ;-)

It would also be nice if all the tabard icon art was changed to look like the new Cata tabards, so that you can identify them by sight instead of having to mouseover 25 white tabards.

This would be ideal.

On a tangential note, I'm still holding out hope for a "gear" bag. Just for soulbound equippable items. I understand that inventory space should not become an irrelevant matter, something infinite, but especially for those of us who like to put together RP outfits and the like you can REALLY lose a ton of space just to random clothing pieces.
I know most of us keep a bank alt or two, but even with a bank alt I've found myself flat-out of space in my bank, due almost entirely to keeping old random gear for "outfits."

32-slot "clothing" bag, please. Y'know, one with a message "you can only place soulbound equippable items in that bag."
90 Undead Death Knight
01/25/2011 1:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
A 75 slot tabard only bag and bank slot doesn't sound any more complicated than a 32 slot mining bag.

Is that really the most elegant solution, though? It might be quickest and simplest, but that doesn't mean there aren't better alternatives available. If we can implement a type of storage that's integrated into the character UI and doesn't take up extra bank space, then that would be ideal.

That option might not be technically possible due to the way some tabards work, but it's something we're investigating. .

It might not be the "most elegant" solution to the problem, but since when has Blizzard ever held off fixing something with a quick hack when it was in their interests to do so? People have been asking for this nice Quality of Life upgrade for years, and every time, you guys are "researching how to do it the best possible way", when the "best possible way" is to just put something SIMPLE in-game that gets us past the issue.

The "keyring as a specialty bag" wasn't an elegant solution, but its been sufficient for years.

No need for a diamond-encrusted platinum crown when a baseball hat will do just fine to keep the sun out of your eyes.
90 Human Priest
An interesting solution might be changing tabards from a wearable item to a spell-type item. Those that do nothing now, could still not do anything, and those that have some active function could perform that function: ie buff for reputation gains, teleport to a location, provide access to whatever ...
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Most of them are available from the tabard vendor for 1g, so if you ever want to wear it again just go back & buy a new one. The ones that are not available from the vendor might take up a couple rows in one of your bank slots. It's really not that big of a deal.

AGREE with this guy.

Just vendor anything rep bound, its not irreplacable.

Relegate a single bag for special tabards that you cant replace.

Enjoy not being retarded.
90 Night Elf Druid
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.

I'm embarrassed to say it, but...I collect lanterns and lamps! What would be nice is a separate bank tab for collectibles like holiday items, quest items, etc.
85 Worgen Druid
why not add an actual bag that works like the key bag works? a bag that keeps growing with tabards, that way you dont need a tabard tab that works like tittles? idk just giving ideas, a bag can be kinda messy, but if having "use" tabards is the problem, then make a tabard bag.
100 Goblin Priest
A 75 slot tabard only bag and bank slot doesn't sound any more complicated than a 32 slot mining bag.

Is that really the most elegant solution, though? It might be quickest and simplest, but that doesn't mean there aren't better alternatives available. If we can implement a type of storage that's integrated into the character UI and doesn't take up extra bank space, then that would be ideal.

Nothing stopping you from implementing it now as a stopgap measure, then replacing it with your more elegant solution later. A solution so intricate it leaves the problem unresolved is no solution at all.
100 Blood Elf Priest
I must agree. Even though this is an old topic, it seems like something that should already have been implemented. We have been collecting tabards for a long time, and with the release of another expansion with rep tabards, I think even people who don't "collect" them, per se, are still likely to have quite a few.
A windows that allows you to click on each one and view the way it would look on your character in the dressing room, very similar to the pets or mounts tab, would be the best I think.
85 Undead Rogue
So what about my massive collection of tier/PvP sets?
Edited by Blackriver on 1/25/2011 3:22 PM PST
84 Night Elf Druid
Are you referring to an appearance tab for cosmetic gear options?

No, but I can see the confusion. I just mean an additional tab that's superficial or non-essential (the literal definition of "cosmetic").

The functional equivilant of the keychain, is what you mean.

I'd be ok with that. But I also think a "Garment Bag" that could only hold tabards and holiday clothing would also be a great idea.
85 Undead Rogue
01/25/2011 3:22 PMPosted by Whunder

No, but I can see the confusion. I just mean an additional tab that's superficial or non-essential (the literal definition of "cosmetic").

The functional equivilant of the keychain, is what you mean.

I'd be ok with that. But I also think a "Garment Bag" that could only hold tabards and holiday clothing would also be a great idea.

How about make an Armor Bag that holds all armor? I have a massive amount of raid sets, PvP sets, and matching offset pieces that take up a massive amount of room in my bags. I'm lucky if I have any more than 3 open slots at any given time among all of my bags.
01/25/2011 9:42 AMPosted by Ðize
Ok seriously... I have roughly 30 tabards and it takes up my whole main bank space, can we have a "Tabard Tab" in the bank that you could buy for like 1k gold and then you put all your tabards in? because this is ridiculous.

I like this idea! I cast my vote in favor.

10/10
85 Human Paladin

I would rather that my Argent Crusader tabard would not teleport me for a while if it meant having extra bag space from carrying all those dreaded bag space sucking tabards around when on the off chance I plan to do a dungeon.

I say add the feature. Fix the on use tabards later.

I agree that a tabard bag is a bad idea and is only a band aid solution to the problem.
Edited by Azureprower on 1/25/2011 3:34 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]