Blizzard and Communication (RE:2200 Weapons)

85 Dwarf Paladin
I'm a little annoyed with the lack of communication regarding the 2200 weapon change. No, I'm not going to cancel my subscription. In fact, it's not really a big deal and most people are overreacting. However, you create an overreaction with a lack of a "heads up" post. This current post claiming that you have implemented something (2200 conquest items) is also a little degrading, seeing as how it's worded to imply that rewards (not the weapons, but the armor) were actually implemented into the game today, which they were not; most people are aware of the fact that the 2200 armor (well, the different colored armor) has been in the game for a while.

TL;DR?

You will get a negative reaction with your decision to delay 2200 arena weapons.
You will get a negative overreaction with your decision not to communicate with us about it.
But then again, you probably already knew that.
Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Druid
DRAGONS!!!!!!
u must kill dem

Have to admit it makes sense considering just how slow PvE is going these days, but then again what percentage of PvE'rs would be capable of obtaining a 2200 weapon anyway? They can feel forced to PvP all they want but the net effect would just be increased (rated) PvP participation which is fine in my books. More dragonslayers to kill. More dragonslayers for them to kill and feel like a champ, hopefully giving way to a more diverse/rejuvenated pvp community and fanbase. But nope. Dragons.
Edited by Repulsion on 1/25/2011 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
i understand that blizzard doesn't have to communicate with us if they don't want to, and in the past, have done a pretty decent job. However, they can't play by the same rules right now. They released a product WAY before it was ready. When you do that, you need to suck it up, swallow your pride, and perform better in the customer service "department".

We payed good money for Cata, AND a monthly subscription. Basically we've payed $30 in sub fees to run a beta for them. The LEAST they could do is up their communication. Back when the game was semi balanced and well put together, we didn't need a plethora of responses from the blues. However, they really released this game with way to many bugs/imbalances and owe it to their paying customers to give feedback.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/25/2011 11:24 AMPosted by Gomez

You will get a negative reaction with your decision to delay 2200 arena weapons.
You will get a negative overreaction with your decision not to communicate with us about it.

Sometimes, you have to make an unpopular decision, and you take a lot of heat for it. I understand that you guys aren't happy, and I'm sorry about that.

With regard to the weapon delay, as with any change which affects your gameplay, we always prefer to provide advance notice whenever possible, but in some situations it isn't an option. Unfortunately, this was one of those cases.

Some of you may recall that there were times in the past when it was common for the Arenas to be flooded by geared raiders actively engaging in arena matches exclusively to acquire weapons for the sake of defeating PvE content. That's not the intended design for arena rewards (that they be part of PvE progression), and that was a situation that we were hoping to avoid now. Raid content is very challenging currently, and as a direct result, there are fewer top tier weapons floating around. What we didn't want was a 'gold rush' on arenas, which would diffuse the competitive space there as well as give PvE focused players an undue advantage for raid content.

Ultimately, what we really want is parity in the availability of top end PvP and PvE weaponry. We want to see top end PvP and PvE items filtering into the player community at roughly the same time. This delay is an effort to achieve that aforementioned parity in this case.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage

Sometimes, you have to make an unpopular decision, and you take a lot of heat for it. I understand that you guys aren't happy, and I'm sorry about that.

With regard to the weapon delay, as with any change which affects your gameplay, we always prefer to provide advance notice whenever possible, but in some situations it isn't an option. Unfortunately, this was one of those cases.

Some of you may recall that there were times in the past when it was common for the Arenas to be flooded by geared raiders actively engaging in arena matches exclusively to acquire weapons for the sake of defeating PvE content. That's not the intended design for arena rewards (that they be part of PvE progression), and that was a situation that we were hoping to avoid now. Raid content is very challenging currently, and as a direct result, there are fewer top tier weapons floating around. What we didn't want was a 'gold rush' on arenas, which would diffuse the competitive space there as well as give PvE focused players an undue advantage for raid content.

Ultimately, what we really want is parity in the availability of top end PvP and PvE weaponry. We want to see top end PvP and PvE items filtering into the player community at roughly the same time. This delay is an effort to achieve that aforementioned parity in this case.

How come PVE 372 weapons are still usable in arena then?

Right now PVE gear has an advantage in PVP.

right now:

2200 WEP IN ARENA: NO
2200 WEP IN PVE: NO

372 PVE WEP IN ARENA: YES
372 PVE WEP IN PVE: YES

P.S. Keep legendaries out of Arena this time. Not sure why I bother asking though.
Edited by Frosteye on 1/25/2011 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
01/25/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Back then the weapons didn't require rating.. so the raiders literally grinded them. Now that they require rating, only the raiders who are also good at PvP (99% of whom would enjoy PvP) would be able to acquire the rating.

You're comparing apples to oranges here.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

shouldn't resil fix it? No one is worried about geared pve players coming in trying to get 2200. If they can... they're pvp players and deserve the weps. Not sure if serious...???
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

So you're removing the use of Heroic PvE weapons from arena then, right? No? Oh, well that's extremely unintelligent, I'm sorry.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
So what happens if in a month (an educated guess when T2 becomes available) from now there are still "fewer top tier weapons floating around"?
Reply Quote
23 Human Paladin
No it's okay don't worry. 90% of the "gold rush" PvEers never would have broken 1800 anyway. Also the reason there was a rush of raid geared people on arenas wasn't so they could get the gear, it's because they already had the gear and wanted to slam their Blades of Azzinoth into the heads of top tier teams.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue

All I read is blah blah blah PvE is more important then the PvP peasants.
Reply Quote

Here's a solution to your
Some of you may recall that there were times in the past when it was common for the Arenas to be flooded by geared raiders actively engaging in arena matches exclusively to acquire weapons for the sake of defeating PvE content. That's not the intended design for arena rewards (that they be part of PvE progression), and that was a situation that we were hoping to avoid now. Raid content is very challenging currently, and as a direct result, there are fewer top tier weapons floating around.

problem:

Change the T2 weapons to not be usable while in a raid, dungeon or anything outside of the arena/rated battlegrounds. Simple solution is simple. Pass that on to the development team. Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight

Why did you respond here, and not in the sticky or in a new sticky?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Daxxari,

You're going to keep getting more heat until you address the issue as the thread subject, COMMUNICATION.

Fine, Blizz want's double standards for PvE and PvP, ok, no huge deal. However, WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU GUYS TELL US UNTIL HOURS AFTER THE WEAPONS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RELEASED?!?

I lead a lot of rated BGs on my main on my server, one of the 3 alliance members who do! We stopped rated bgs this week so we can all get our weapons, but no one bothered to tell ANYONE that they aren't coming out!

Don't tell us 'oh we told you guys as soon as possible', even if it was 5:59pm and your PvE dev head came in and yelled 'WAIT! WE CAN'T RELASE THEM!' then a notification should have been sent out at 6pm. Putting out the notification until after every asks 'what the hell?' is asenine.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
So let's say that everybody in the arena was having issues pushing past the 2200 rating...would you then lockout all of the encounters that dropped similar rated weapons until there was an appropriate amount of 2200 rated teams with weapons?

You know, so PVP'ers would feel they had to PVE to stay competitive?

Rhetorical question is rhetorical...we all know the answer to that one.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
honestly the real reason is not how easy it is to obtain 2200 in arena, its how broken rated bgs still are, and they fact they are so easy to get high ratings with. This is the real reason, but they will never admit to it.

even with the delay 2200 weapons will be a joke to obtain with how easy rated bg rating is to obtain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]