Blizzard and Communication (RE:2200 Weapons)

90 Human Rogue
I don't feel bad for any GM, they simply dont care and are paid.

I feel bad for every player sitting on points waiting to get the weapon.

Nuff said.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
We finally have an official post that PvP is an afterthought in WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
God forbid more players try pvp

They might actually like it

The horror, the horror
Reply Quote
6 Human Paladin

You will get a negative reaction with your decision to delay 2200 arena weapons.
You will get a negative overreaction with your decision not to communicate with us about it.
But then again, you probably already knew that.

Sometimes, you have to make an unpopular decision, and you take a lot of heat for it. I understand that you guys aren't happy, and I'm sorry about that.

With regard to the weapon delay, as with any change which affects your gameplay, we always prefer to provide advance notice whenever possible, but in some situations it isn't an option. Unfortunately, this was one of those cases.

Raid content is very challenging currently, and as a direct result, there are fewer top tier weapons floating around. What we didn't want was a 'gold rush' on arenas, which would diffuse the competitive space there as well as give PvE focused players an undue advantage for raid content.

Ultimately, what we really want is parity in the availability of top end PvP and PvE weaponry. We want to see top end PvP and PvE items filtering into the player community at roughly the same time. This delay is an effort to achieve that aforementioned parity in this case.

So, why can PvEers use their 372 weapons that are currently in game, in arena? What about their heroic trinkets? Which for many classes are better than the vicious trinkets.

The situation isn't just unpopular because we don't like it. It's unpopular because it's a terrible decision.

Some of you may recall that there were times in the past when it was common for the Arenas to be flooded by geared raiders actively engaging in arena matches exclusively to acquire weapons for the sake of defeating PvE content. That's not the intended design for arena rewards (that they be part of PvE progression), and that was a situation that we were hoping to avoid now.

But the opposite is COMPLETELY FINE? This doesn't strike you as hypocritical in the least?
Edited by Zing on 1/25/2011 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/25/2011 1:33 PMPosted by Damonix
We finally have an official post that PvP is an afterthought in WoW.

and in a post about lack of communication from Blizzard we have 1 blue post with a band-aid answer that doesn't directly address the OP's concerns.

i guess they're too busy making another $25 mount for the Blizzard store.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Shouldn't you encourage PvE raiders to do Arena?

More participation is great for everyone.

This change is absolutely mind blowing.

No. That's the point.
Reply Quote
01/25/2011 1:03 PMPosted by Thunderherd
I do feel sorry for Daxxarri though, I'm sure he didn't have the final say on this. And yet he's taking the brunt of the heat while the person that made the decision sits on his..........well you get the idea.

When northwest airlines lost my baggage, I wasn't mad at the attendant personally, who was the person who you have to deal with to report/fix your problem. That attendee gets the blunt end of customer dis-satisfaction because they are the direct "face" of the company to the customer.

Of course this isn't his fault, and people aren't mad at him personally, but in this case, he's the direct "face" of ActivisionBlizzard, Inc.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Ultimately, what we really want is parity in the availability of top end PvP and PvE weaponry. We want to see top end PvP and PvE items filtering into the player community at roughly the same time. This delay is an effort to achieve that aforementioned parity in this case.

Then can we expect PvP legendaries in the future?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
01/25/2011 1:36 PMPosted by Haterblockin
Getting 372 weapons from a heroic raid: challenging.
Getting T2 weapons from arena: not so challenging.

there is your reason.

You must have the rating then. Owait....
Reply Quote
6 Human Paladin
01/25/2011 1:36 PMPosted by Haterblockin
Getting 372 weapons from a heroic raid: challenging.
Getting T2 weapons from arena: not so challenging.

there is your reason.

Except it's the opposite try again baddie mcdragonslayer.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
WHEN YOU APPLY THE "NOT USABLE IN ARENA" EFFECT TO ABILITIES OR GEAR IN ARENA, WHY NOT DO THAT IN A DUNGEON TOO?

OR MAYBE THAT WAS TOO COMPLEX? MY GOD BLIZZARD THIS ISNT ROCKET SCIENCE
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
01/25/2011 1:34 PMPosted by Zing
So, why can PvEers use their 372 weapons that are currently in game, in arena? What about their heroic trinkets? Which for many classes are better than the vicious trinkets.

Yeah, where's all the 372 PvP gear? Could you imagine the outrage if Heroic modes just rewarded recolored items?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]