Additional 5% nerf to Paladin healing?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I hadn't seen anything about this on these forums, so I just figured I'd mention it. MMO-Champion is showing an additional 5% nerf to Paladin healing in the upcoming PTR patch:

Walk in the Light now increases the effectiveness of healing spells by 10%, down from 15%.
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh snap.

edit: uhh, I think that is datamined.
Edited by Farther on 1/25/2011 11:32 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Its true, correct me if I'm wrong but I think its already hotfixed into life, it just wasnt noticable because it was fixed right around same time as making conviction work(9% from conviction previously only worked on yourself). Hooray blizzard hiding paladin nerfs.

Paladins are headed where ghostcrawler always puts them after he gets a say in changes, time to level a priest.
Edited by Linsabinsa on 1/25/2011 11:36 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TG
ok so THERE it is. I was expecting to see nerfing in the raw pally healing output to prevent the recent pally stacking. I kept thinking though they would nerf beacon to 40% or something.
85 Human Paladin
Did not see that, so 10% cost increase,and 5% reduced heal..
Lay on hands cant crit or tranfer to beacon
POTI nerfed 30%

so when druids or priest top the charts next month will they be nerfed ??????

lets just not have healers any more,if you stand in fire ohwell you a baddie anyway...,

85 Human Paladin
The number crunchers at Elitist Jerks had noticed the same thing, so I'd imagine that it is being measured on the PTR. Changes there are not solid until the patch hits Live (... and then not even).

We'll see how it plays out.
85 Troll Shaman

Paladins are headed where ghostcrawler always puts them ...

...toward being almost necessary to allow your raid to down hard content? Because that's pretty much where paladin healers have been since Ulduar.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/25/2011 11:36 AMPosted by Xaladin
so when druids or priest top the charts next month will they be nerfed ??????

No. Nor did paladins get nerfed because they topped charts this month. Charts are for Recount junkies.

Blizzard developers do their own internal data mining (they have access to ALL the game data they want), use their own internal metrics (and according to Ghostcrawler, take HPS with a lot of salt), and pretty much don't care when players are getting high on big numbers on Recount or worldoflogs.com.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
because by the end of wotlk druids weren't the most effecient healers

and disc priests didn't trivalize lich king

/sarcasm off

ghostcrawler hates paladins
37 Blood Elf Warlock
01/25/2011 11:36 AMPosted by Nowell
The number crunchers at Elitist Jerks had noticed the same thing, so I'd imagine that it is being measured on the PTR. Changes there are not solid until the patch hits Live (... and then not even).

We'll see how it plays out.

5% off Walk in the Light was hotfixed live a few days ago.
91 Blood Elf Paladin
It is my understanding that this went live a couple days ago. It was just annoying to notice because Conviction was fixed from not working at all to, you know, actually working.
Edited by Anohako on 1/25/2011 11:47 AM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
Whine all you want, but they had plenty of time to analyze everything they wanted while working with Paragon on Sinestra. You don't think the question of why they took only healing pallies and priests to the fight?

Blizzard is not stupid, paladin healing is overtuned, and you don't need to be on heroic modes to realize it (its just exaggerated by that content).
85 Worgen Priest
Pro
01/25/2011 11:41 AMPosted by Fionne
Blizzard developers do their own internal data mining (they have access to ALL the game data they want), use their own internal metrics (and according to Ghostcrawler, take HPS with a lot of salt), and pretty much don't care when players are getting high on big numbers on Recount or worldoflogs.com.

Truth. HPS is a bloated number that measures who got to or can afford to get to damage first.
Community Manager
Right, kind of. We discovered that Conviction (which can give up to a 9% healing bonus) was broken. It affected paladin self heals, but not healing other targets. Since we think that paladin healing throughput is in an overall good place we didn't want a 9% bonus sticking around. So we fixed Conviction and reduced the Holy passive, Walk in the Light, from 15% to 10%. Which actually does end up with a net 4% gain overall, assuming Conviction has near 100% uptime, which isn't too unreasonable.

Since it was applied in a hotfix the Walk in the Light tooltip won't be updated until 4.0.6.
100 Troll Warrior
Ha, it was even a buff.
100 Draenei Paladin
01/25/2011 12:10 PMPosted by Anraas
Right, kind of. We discovered that Conviction (which can give up to a 9% healing bonus) was broken. It affected paladin self heals, but not healing other targets. Since we think that paladin healing throughput is in an overall good place we didn't want a 9% bonus sticking around. So we fixed Conviction and reduced the Holy passive, Walk in the Light, from 15% to 10%. Which actually does end up with a net 4% gain overall, assuming Conviction has near 100% uptime, which isn't too unreasonable.

Since it was applied in a hotfix the Walk in the Light tooltip won't be updated until 4.0.6.

Conviction doesn't have 100% up time. So you can't assume it does.

Assuming that Conviction doesn't have 100% uptime in PvE is like assuming Replenishment doesn't have 100% uptime.

As for PvP, I really don't think paladins have a right to complain there about a slight healing nerf.
85 Troll Shaman
01/25/2011 12:10 PMPosted by Anraas

Conviction doesn't have 100% up time. So you can't assume it does.

It also doesn't need 100% uptime to more than offset the reduction to Walk in the Light, which was his point.
85 Human Paladin
01/25/2011 12:08 PMPosted by Bashiok

pally in a good place? so why are we getting nerfed in the next patch?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]