Will you babies quit whining already?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/25/2011 3:38 PMPosted by Duhaast
are waiting

What are you waiting for?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
bad rets are waiting for an official blizzard-designed helmet that plays their spec for them when they wear it by simulating a facerolling movement while still hitting the correct keys.

that way they can play like they always have, yet appear to possess some semblance of the minimal necessary skill a ret requires these days.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/25/2011 3:40 PMPosted by Dellahmorte

says the 83 hunter. lol.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/25/2011 3:45 PMPosted by Propulsion
bad rets are waiting for an official blizzard-designed helmet that plays their spec for them when they wear it by simulating a facerolling movement while still hitting the correct keys.

that way they can play like they always have, yet appear to possess some semblance of the minimal necessary skill a ret requires these days.

You are not ret. Do not speak foul of a spec that you do not play, nor probably understand. The mechanics of ret are broken, regardless of how many people whine about it, and the talent specialization requires a lot of work.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/25/2011 3:51 PMPosted by Letro

You are not ret. Do not speak foul of a spec that you do not play, nor probably understand. The mechanics of ret are broken, regardless of how many people whine about it, and the talent specialization requires a lot of work.

there is a certain taste of annoyance when you ret.

as for that, i've respeced offspec to prot, and wonder if holy will be worst healing class by the end of cata
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, ret doesn't require any skill. At all. You have a total of 9 buttons, and 5 of them go unpressed without a proc, 3 of those 5 go unpressed with no proc, because they don't fit in the rotation we are provided with, 1 of those 3 is the only ability that we have to gain mana.

There's no talent involved in this, nor is there a certain 'timing skill' needed to remove slows in PvP until you run out of mana and still haven't killed your target. Ret is broken.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/25/2011 3:48 PMPosted by Raygecow

says the 83 hunter. lol.

Not that it matters if I play a paladin or not when its immature and pointless to spam forums with barely thought out complaints about a problem that Blizzard is completely aware of and have announced that they will try to fix.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/25/2011 3:56 PMPosted by Aubrye

Not that it matters if I play a paladin or not when its immature and pointless to spam forums with barely thought out complaints about a problem that Blizzard is completely aware of and have announced that they will try to fix.

but if people don't spam forums with their pointless, immature and barely thought out complaints, where WILL they go to do so??!?!!?

I thought that this was a forum's main purpose.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

says the 83 hunter. lol.

No.

I want you to read my thread, or any other thread about the paladin changes on the PTR. Then I want you to go look at the most recent PTR build, and look under the ret section.

It says, and I'm paraphrasing here..

blah blah, we @!!!ed up with hammer of wrath, we're fixing it
"However, we are closely monitoring paladin numbers on the PTR, and if it comes to the point that paladins are doing too much damage, Hammer of Wrath is a good target to be nerfed."

I want to see these numbers, where we're doing anywhere close to what is considered 'too much damage.' ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING inquisition does not have an effect on our new mastery, contradicting the fact that they said it would.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

just because i'm not raiding ret right now doesn't mean that i haven't played ret in its current state in a raid setting. don't assume that i don't know what i'm talking about, especially when you have zero cataclysm raid experience at all.

also, don't phrase your comments in an attacking tone when you can't back up your own opinion with any sort of relevant experiential evidence.

PS - chill out brosef, i'm only pissing on your weiner. why do you think i'm raiding as holy right now?
Edited by Propulsion on 1/25/2011 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Like taking a skill and:

"Divine Purpose: The chance for applicable abilities to generate Holy Power has been reduced to 7/15%, down from 20/40%, but instead of generating 1 Holy Power, the next applicable ability used consumes no Holy Power and acts as if the paladin has 3 Holy Power."

You mean take a problem that has its roots in rng make it better but lower the chance that what is better will proc? Ummm that sounds like more rng crap. The class was decimated, and the buffs are unfabulous.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/25/2011 4:02 PMPosted by Propulsion

just because i'm not raiding ret right now doesn't mean that i haven't played ret in its current state in a raid setting. don't assume that i don't know what i'm talking about, especially when you have zero cataclysm raid experience at all.

also, don't phrase your comments in an attacking tone when you can't back up your own opinion with any sort of relevant experiential evidence.

I'm going to guarantee three things here.

1. You do not come close to matching the damage of any competent raider in your group, except maybe a shadow priest.

2. If you do, and your guild leadership is a serious raiding guild, they should be informed of the current state of retribution, and should consider all those you are out damaging a liability.

3. If your guild leadership is a serious raiding guild that is already well informed of the current state of retribution, they already consider -you- a liability.

Go look at WoL - Ret isn't anywhere near the top on there, with the maximum amount of raid DPS on Argaloth, the closest thing to a pure tank and spank fight, clocked at 22000. Every other class is pushing 30k.

You shouldn't assume that just because I don't raid on this toon, that I don't raid, or that I'm not well informed and knowledgeable about my spec.
Edited by Letro on 1/25/2011 4:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

No.

I want you to read my thread, or any other thread about the paladin changes on the PTR. Then I want you to go look at the most recent PTR build, and look under the ret section.

It says, and I'm paraphrasing here..

blah blah, we @!!!ed up with hammer of wrath, we're fixing it
"However, we are closely monitoring paladin numbers on the PTR, and if it comes to the point that paladins are doing too much damage, Hammer of Wrath is a good target to be nerfed."

I want to see these numbers, where we're doing anywhere close to what is considered 'too much damage.' ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING inquisition does not have an effect on our new mastery, contradicting the fact that they said it would.

Are those threads barely thought out, immature whining? It doesn't sound like it and therefore they are not the issue I was addressing are they? If you care enough to plot out all the numbers and have your "evidence" or whatever, fine post in the forums. It's one thing to be constructive or actually start a discussion (which is what the forums are actually for) and quite another to make a topic consisting of two snippy little words like a put out three year old. The Blues can only do so much and unfortunately its not possible to make everyone happy all the time. Coming to the defense of some hardly deserving troll is not going to help your poor broken ret spec in the least.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I'm going to guarantee three things here.

1. You do not come close to matching the damage of any competent raider in your group, except maybe a shadow priest.

2. If you do, and your guild leadership is a serious raiding guild, they should be informed of the current state of retribution, and should consider all those you are out damaging a liability.

3. If your guild leadership is a serious raiding guild that is already well informed of the current state of retribution, they already consider -you- a liability.

Go look at WoL - Ret isn't anywhere near the top on there, with the maximum amount of raid DPS on Argaloth, the closest thing to a pure tank and spank fight, clocked at 22000. Every other class is pushing 30k.

You shouldn't assume that just because I don't raid on this toon, that I don't raid, or that I'm not well informed and knowledgeable about my spec.

you should actually read my post and notice that i said i'm raiding as holy because ret is bad, derp.
additionally you should check the part where i say you should chill out, derpderp, because i'm just trolling your silly ass.
Edited by Propulsion on 1/25/2011 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/25/2011 4:23 PMPosted by Propulsion
you should actually read my post and notice that i said i'm raiding as holy because ret is bad, derp.
additionally you should check the part where i say you should chill out, derpderp, because i'm just trolling your silly ass.

Ah, wow forums at their finest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/25/2011 4:25 PMPosted by Heritor

Ah, wow forums at their finest.

Makes for good reading at work.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Now if only blizz developers actually paid attention to class forums (which they don't)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/25/2011 4:57 PMPosted by Lifex
Now if only blizz developers actually paid attention to class forums (which they don't)

lol. Only if they want to make empty promises of "fixes" or "balance"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]