Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
http://www.stateofdps.com
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Death Knight
01/26/2011 5:50 PMPosted by Nazzgul
Sub I hear.

^ lie

assasssination is the best single target DPS for rogue atm.

What he said.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Guys. Guys, guys, guys. Clearly, it is resto.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
So far combat has been great in Pve. I tried assassination and didnt like it. However, if thats the best for my character at the top level then I'll have to force myself to switch.. Right now I'm having no difficulty on soloing mobs and doing quests, some of the harder 3 player Lich king quests have given me trouble, but before that were no issue. My recuperate ability helps alot and im constantly healing myself and pulling more mobs at the same time without any issues. In the dungeons I am generally behind the mob that the tank has in front using my blade fury and once in awhile drawing agro. Even with healers not bothering with me I still die very infrequently--so far....
Edited by Blackwolf on 1/26/2011 6:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
pretty sure assass is the way to go atm
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Sadly combat spec has died in cata at least for lvl 85 rogues. Back when lvl 80 was the cap it reigned supreme as i could do 11K dps on bosses in 10 man ICC fully raid buffed. Combat in cata heroics I can barely muster 7K dps where as assasination spec I can easily do 13K dps sometimes doing almost 15K dps. Sadly though we are no longer dodge tanks as we were with 50% dodge and crit back in WOTLK, now where dodge is around 19% n crit 22%. So to answer your question combat is fail for anything other than maybe PVP untill blizzard revamps the combat spec.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Assassin hands down for killing bosses, combat hands down for clearing trash/levelling.

Combat pretty much always gets nerfed for the beginning of an expansion, overbuffed in one of first patches, nerfed again and reaches its prime for end game raiding.

Assassin seems to be the most consistent spec for rogue PvE utility and often strong PvP utility, so probably the best spec overall to become good at.

At present Assassin outperforms combat by about 15% due to poor mastery implementation and some talent conflicts.

Combat will be fixed eventually and is quite fun in PvP again.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1567934097#1
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1921696184
Edited by Ashbrynger on 1/26/2011 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
01/26/2011 8:55 PMPosted by Remylebeu
Sadly combat spec has died in cata at least for lvl 85 rogues. Back when lvl 80 was the cap it reigned supreme as i could do 11K dps on bosses in 10 man ICC fully raid buffed. Combat in cata heroics I can barely muster 7K dps where as assasination spec I can easily do 13K dps sometimes doing almost 15K dps. Sadly though we are no longer dodge tanks as we were with 50% dodge and crit back in WOTLK, now where dodge is around 19% n crit 22%. So to answer your question combat is fail for anything other than maybe PVP untill blizzard revamps the combat spec.

Combat was only ever top on trash in ICC, assassination was top single target DPS. Assassination has been top DPS spec and subtlety has been way too low DPS since early WOTLK, Cata did little to change that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
assassination rogues for the win
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
The one you like the most and have fun playing. :D
Reply Quote
Combat and assasin are both viable, in fact the dps difference only comes into play during the 35% kill phase (backstab) and its only a marginal increase +/- 1%. Stick with what your gear is best itemized and most Optimal for and what you enjoy playing. If anyone says combat sucks at single terget dps, they either dont know what they are talking about, cant grasp Combat itemization / Rotation. i can manage 22k on stand still fights single target with combat.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I was Combat for LK PvE, but after Cata many things changed for the Rogue. Combat spec got nerfed badly. Where Combat gained survival, it suffered a major loss in dps across the board. I really enjoyed Combat, but after I forced myself into assassin I saw a great improvement in my dps. I agree with the statement above, stick with your gear and what you know. If you go in a fight unsure of the spec and uncomfortable with the combat rotation, chances are very good you will not perform well. First and foremost~ Have fun, this is a game!!
Reply Quote
I tried Assassination and Combat in Cata. Personally, they're both personally right around the same, whereas Combat excels in fights that have multiple adds/targets and Assassination does better in single target.

Assassination and Combat do somewhat near the same amount of DPS in boss fights (I know I don't have T11/T12 encounters under my belt, but I'm stating this with experience on current heroics, suppose Zandalari stuff will be the best I can provide). However, once a boss reaches below 35% of health, Assassination begins to pull ahead with Backstab since you can get back Energy quicker, allowing for more attacking.

I personally prefer Assassination because it's a lot smoother and has a better flow in rotation rather than Combat. Combat, on the other hand, feels very spammy. Only thing I'd have to say that I don't like about Assassination is the postional requirements but that's just a sacrifice to make in an otherwise enjoyable playstyle.

tl;dr - Assassination > Combat imo.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
01/26/2011 05:52 PMPosted by Rfeann
http://www.stateofdps.com

Somebody loves Thomas
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]