What is going on with the kick feature?

57 Tauren Warrior
This is three instances in a row now where I join a "fresh" group and it says "you cant kick someone until 45 mins is up"?

Huh? we havent kicked anyone and the timer is up. these were all fresh insstances without a mob killed in them.

WTH is going on here?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Maybe your hidden stat tracker knows you've kicked a lot of people in the past?
Reply Quote
I've never had a problem. Why, I've kicked people who don't even enter the instance after several minutes.

<3 being able to kick at the beginning of an instance.

I believe it works like so:
The more people you kick in an average amount of time, the longer you must wait to initiate vote-kicks after the start of an instance. Meaning you've kicked a lot of people. Which we knew anyway, because you've noticed this "three instances in a row".

It's just you. Try whispering someone else and asking them to initiate the vote-kick instead. Or maybe just stop kicking people.
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Warrior
Need explanation. Obviously you didn't read my post Jan. NOBODY HAS BEEN KICKED.
Edited by Madcowdsease on 1/27/2011 1:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Warrior
Ya, it was supposed to go in the general forums. I hit the back button one too many times apparently.
Reply Quote
01/27/2011 1:24 AMPosted by Madcowdsease
Need explanation. Obviously you didn't read my post Jan. NOBODY HAS BEEN KICKED.

Clearly you didn't finish reading my post:
"The more people you kick in an average amount of time..."

That has nothing to do with your current dungeon group. You're being penalized for how many people you've kicked in the past. This is how Blizzard deals with overzealous kickers.

It'd be even cooler if they average it based off of dungeons run.
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Warrior
I haven't kicked anyone today that i recall. Only tried once, but the guy had 2 friends playing with him. I've voted on other peoples votes to kick people. Not a lot or anythng.
Reply Quote
Whoosh! That's my point going over your head. Or maybe it's just my Beacon going off.

There is a penalty to how often you can initiate a vote-kick and how long you must wait to initiate vote-kicks the more you vote-kick. Think grander than days. It's all based off of statistics. Statistically, you kick too many players. Therefore, you've lost the benefit of being able to initiate vote-kicks until 45 minutes have past in a dungeon.

I'd also wager that they count failed attempts to vote-kick as well. I know it counts yes votes, though I believe they don't count against you for as much (pure hearsay there).

I, on the other hand, have no wait time. Why? Because I rarely vote yes to kick someone and I only start a vote-kick if you said something to piss me off or are entirely somewhere you shouldn't be, e.g. Searing Gorge. As both occasions are rare, I rarely find myself kicking players.

Start asking yourself: "Do I really need to remove this player to succeed?" If the answer is no, then don't kick them. You'll find that your vote-kick cd will gradually become shorter if you follow that logic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/27/2011 2:00 AMPosted by Janaire
Whoosh! That's my point going over your head. Or maybe it's just my Beacon going off.

There is a penalty to how often you can initiate a vote-kick and how long you must wait to initiate vote-kicks the more you vote-kick. Think grander than days. It's all based off of statistics. Statistically, you kick too many players. Therefore, you've lost the benefit of being able to initiate vote-kicks until 45 minutes have past in a dungeon.

I'd also wager that they count failed attempts to vote-kick as well. I know it counts yes votes, though I believe they don't count against you for as much (pure hearsay there).

I, on the other hand, have no wait time. Why? Because I rarely vote yes to kick someone and I only start a vote-kick if you said something to piss me off or are entirely somewhere you shouldn't be, e.g. Searing Gorge. As both occasions are rare, I rarely find myself kicking players.

Start asking yourself: "Do I really need to remove this player to succeed?" If the answer is no, then don't kick them. You'll find that your vote-kick cd will gradually become shorter if you follow that logic.

Don't you think you're being a little too rational and patient for the Paladin forums?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/27/2011 1:41 AMPosted by Madcowdsease
I haven't kicked anyone today that i recall. Only tried once, but the guy had 2 friends playing with him. I've voted on other peoples votes to kick people. Not a lot or anythng.

Wow, she pretty much colored it in crayon for you, too.

On average, meaning not just the last couple days, you clearly have a bad habit of arbitrarily kicking people. I find it highly unlikely that you're encountering that many genuinely bad players that will prevent you from finishing an instance within a reasonable amount of time. Perhaps it's time to step off the high horse and let things pan out. You might be surprised how far picking your battles will get you rather than booting somebody at first glance of their class, some stupid thing they say, or their spec.

Stop kicking people so much and maybe the "bug" will go away.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/27/2011 1:41 AMPosted by Madcowdsease

Try this, picture Blizz being portrayed by Charlie Murphy:

"Things like escalated to the point where, you know, my man got too familiar and I ended up having to [restrict his ability to kick people], you know, cause you know, he would [kick people]. Habitually. He's a habitual [PuG kicker]."
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Warrior
01/27/2011 7:23 AMPosted by Avilae

On average, meaning not just the last couple days, you clearly have a bad habit of arbitrarily kicking people. I find it highly unlikely that you're encountering that many genuinely bad players that will prevent you from finishing an instance within a reasonable amount of time. Perhaps it's time to step off the high horse and let things pan out. You might be surprised how far picking your battles will get you rather than booting somebody at first glance of their class, some stupid thing they say, or their spec.

I'll stop kicking people when they stop ninjaing loot and going AFK for 10+minutes without telling anyone why or for how long. Those are the only people I kick. I am not a chronic player kicker, but it might just be that I only level my characters up with LFD, so I end up using it more than the allgorithims say I should.

In any case, I don't recall using it much at all. I might kick someone every 2 hours of playing, if that. I want to know if this is account based, charater based, or you guys are just making this stuff up cause I never had this problemw ith any of myoother charactters.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/27/2011 8:02 AMPosted by Madcowdsease
I might kick someone every 2 hours of playing, if that. I want to know if this is account based, charater based, or you guys are just making this stuff up cause I never had this problemw ith any of myoother charactters.

Maybe it's just me, but that is a TON of kicking.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I might kick someone every 2 hours of playing, if that.

Well, I'm sorry to say this, but this is an awful lot.

I want to know if this is account based, charater based, or you guys are just making this stuff up cause I never had this problemw ith any of myoother charactters.

It is very unlikely to be account-based, since the battlegroup servers are mostly in physically separate data centers across the country. I don't think anyone knows if it's per character or shared by all of the characters on the same server or battlegroup.
Reply Quote
You "might" kick someone every two hours???

I don't know, but that seems a tad excessive to me.

Just my opinion.

Reply Quote
57 Tauren Warrior
01/27/2011 8:10 AMPosted by Lyria
I might kick someone every 2 hours of playing, if that. I want to know if this is account based, charater based, or you guys are just making this stuff up cause I never had this problemw ith any of myoother charactters.

when was the last time you leveled up a character from 15 on using exclusively the LFD feature? Someone ALWAYS goes AFK for long time, loot ninja, or sometimes is just their to troll the group.(doesn't do anything but try to train the group/say dumb things, etc.)

At least every 3 instances I run has one of these guys, and at level 30ish you can finish an instance run in 10 minutes.
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Warrior
01/27/2011 8:10 AMPosted by Lyria

when was the last time you leveled up a character from 15 on using exclusively the LFD feature? Someone ALWAYS goes AFK for long time, loot ninja, or sometimes is just their to troll the group.(doesn't do anything but try to train the group/say dumb things, etc.)

At least every 3 instances I run has one of these guys, and at level 30ish you can finish an instance run in 10 minutes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I'll stop kicking people when they stop ninjaing loot and going AFK for 10+minutes without telling anyone why or for how long. Those are the only people I kick. I am not a chronic player kicker, but it might just be that I only level my characters up with LFD, so I end up using it more than the allgorithims say I should.

In any case, I don't recall using it much at all. I might kick someone every 2 hours of playing, if that. I want to know if this is account based, charater based, or you guys are just making this stuff up cause I never had this problemw ith any of myoother charactters.

3 dungeons in a row you tried to kick someone before a single mob died? That doesn't exactly sound like you only boot ninjas, since you can't ninja something if nothing dies. Sounds like you are full of something, and being a cow I am certain I know what that something is.
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Warrior

3 dungeons in a row you tried to kick someone before a single mob died? That doesn't exactly sound like you only boot ninjas, since you can't ninja something if nothing dies. Sounds like you are full of something, and being a cow I am certain I know what that something is.

Yay, they stayed at the etnrace AFK excpecting a free satchel apparently. Not three instances ijn a row, but the last three times in a row when I tried to kick someone. Slightly different.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]