What is going on with the kick feature?

57 Tauren Warrior
01/27/2011 6:46 PMPosted by Kainé
I'll stop kicking people when they stop ninjaing loot and going AFK for 10+minutes without telling anyone why or for how long.

Then you will have a long kick timer, always.

Sorry :|.

And that needs to change.

you should be able to kick anyone who has been AFK(including AFK wile "on follow") for more than 5-10 minutes, and anyone who gets disconnected for more than 5 minutes with no adjustment to your kick timer.

Blizz also needs to fix the vanilla bogusness of being able to need on blues you cant even equip. I have no idea why that is done. Makes zero sense,
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
As I understand it from various Blue posts that were on the old forums when the kick timer went into place.

It is account wide
And it looks at a time period of WEEKS

So yeah kicking (or trying to kick)someone every 2 hours is WAY too much and the timer is going to keep going up.
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Death Knight
01/27/2011 6:55 PMPosted by Madcowdsease

Then you will have a long kick timer, always.

Sorry :|.

you should be able to kick anyone who has been AFK(including AFK wile "on follow") for more than 5-10 minutes, and anyone who gets disconnected for more than 5 minutes with no adjustment to your kick timer.

Blizz also needs to fix the vanilla bogusness of being able to need on blues you cant even equip. I have no idea why that is done. Makes zero sense,

I understand your pain belive me I do. But I =/= Blizzard.

As for needing on blues, you can only need on blues you can equip. Blizzard has said that this is how it will now be, and the MS/OS player made rule will not ever overide it. I don't roll on tank stuff when I'm not tanking, but that dosen't mean the tank will share the same respect for me and pass on dps gear.
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Warrior

I understand your pain belive me I do. But I =/= Blizzard.

As for needing on blues, you can only need on blues you can equip. Blizzard has said that this is how it will now be, and the MS/OS player made rule will not ever overide it. I don't roll on tank stuff when I'm not tanking, but that dosen't mean the tank will share the same respect for me and pass on dps gear.

Not in vanilla. You can need on anything, and it's stupid, and invariably the reason for half of my kicks.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/27/2011 8:15 AMPosted by Madcowdsease

when was the last time you leveled up a character from 15 on using exclusively the LFD feature? Someone ALWAYS goes AFK for long time, loot ninja, or sometimes is just their to troll the group.(doesn't do anything but try to train the group/say dumb things, etc.)

< I'm leveling exclusively in LFD and occasional battlegrounds.

Group has someone who needs everything? Laugh at them in party chat then start needing everything they need on. I really don't care on this one since I'm already geared exceptionally well for my level and most of it is from things people can't roll against me to win (important lesson for you there).

Someone is afk? It probably doesn't matter. I don't even need heals for half of the stuff, it just makes it faster. If a DPS is afk then it really doesn't matter.

I don't even know what my vote-kick timer is since it seems every rare time I need it, it pops up at command. Funny how that works.
Edited by Moonhammer on 1/27/2011 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I haven't initiated any kicks SINCE wrath... and I get the message "you cannot initiate any more party kicks." So... /shrug?
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Warrior
01/27/2011 7:25 PMPosted by Moonhammer

when was the last time you leveled up a character from 15 on using exclusively the LFD feature? Someone ALWAYS goes AFK for long time, loot ninja, or sometimes is just their to troll the group.(doesn't do anything but try to train the group/say dumb things, etc.)

< I'm leveling exclusively in LFD and occasional battlegrounds.

Group has someone who needs everything? Laugh at them in party chat then start needing everything they need on. I really don't care on this one since I'm already geared exceptionally well for my level and most of it is from things people can't roll against me to win (important lesson for you there).

Someone is afk? It probably doesn't matter. I don't even need heals for half of the stuff, it just makes it faster. If a DPS is afk then it really doesn't matter.

I don't even know what my vote-kick timer is since it seems every rare time I need it, it pops up at command. Funny how that works.

Thants nice your character is twinked out to the gills with BoAs, the vast majority of players leveling up are not. I'd say less than 10% from what i've seen. Further, you play the most overpowered PvE class in the game. My paladin without BoA's can solo instances. Most classes cannot carry a whole group, especially without a healer.

so basically thanks for bragging on my thread. now post something relevant.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/27/2011 7:35 PMPosted by Madcowdsease

Thants nice your character is twinked out to the gills with BoAs, the vast majority of players leveling up are not. I'd say less than 10% from what i've seen. Further, you play the most overpowered PvE class in the game. My paladin without BoA's can solo instances. Most classes cannot carry a whole group, especially without a healer.

If I didn't have the BOAs I would still have dungeon blues- items which are almost on par with BOAs to such an extent that it makes your comment irrelevant. My point was that if you are doing lots of dungeons that gear comes so easy that most everything goes to my vendor/AH spec without even needing to Need.
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Warrior
01/27/2011 7:54 PMPosted by Moonhammer

If I didn't have the BOAs I would still have dungeon blues- items which are almost on par with BOAs to such an extent that it makes your comment irrelevant. My point was that if you are doing lots of dungeons that gear comes so easy that most everything goes to my vendor/AH spec without even needing to Need.

Dungeons blues are rarely "almost on par" with BoA's because you often go 5-10 levels before that item gets upgraded. You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Sound like the typical wrath baby thta needs every card stacked in thier deck. Again, stay relevant or go brag about your twink in the paladin forum, cause no on cares here.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Mage
Two out of every three pugs I'm in has someone in it that is fully deserving of being kicked out. People who que in so drunk and stoned that they can't even move their toon around, people who que in and go afk with the healer on follow so they get all the xp without doing any work, players who purposely agro whole rooms and then feign death/fade/etc just to watch the wipe... The list goes on and on of all the asinine things people do, all fully deserving of being kicked out. I wish I was exaggerating, but it is literally two out of every three. Without fail. And the worst part is that most of the time the players who are acting this way are healers or tanks.

When Blizzard implemented their system to prevent excessive player kicking, they should have also implemented a secondary system which keeps track of how often you get kicked from groups. People who get kicked out constantly should be put lower in que than reliable players, or banned from the LFD function all together if they continue to ruin dungeons.

Furthermore, I think the "excessive kicking prevention" system needs to be tweaked. I rarely am the one to initiate the kick votes, but yet I have a high wait limit for kicking as well. It seems to me that the system is also taking into consideration how often you vote yes when someone else initiates the vote. If I'm right, that should be removed completely. No one should be penalized for voting yes to a kick vote. That's unfair to good players.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 8:42 AMPosted by Madcowdsease
the more often you kick people from a group, the longer the timer is for you specificaly

dont kick so many people and your timer wont be so long to do so

I had not kicked anyone that entire day, though I did vote "yes" to kick somone on someone else's vote kick once.

I did TRY to kick one person, which failed.

Didn't I go over this already?

you must be trolling, because someone has already told you "that day" doesn't matter, "since you made your account" is what matters
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Warrior
01/27/2011 9:07 PMPosted by Sigyl

I had not kicked anyone that entire day, though I did vote "yes" to kick somone on someone else's vote kick once.

you must be trolling, because someone has already told you "that day" doesn't matter, "since you made your account" is what matters

Show me the post by a blue that says it's account-bound, or YOU are trolling.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
No, there's something else that adds to the kick timer. The other day I initiated a kick on a player who went afk for a long time at the entrance of H DM. Later in the instance, the tank proved to be a little too hasty and I was asked to initiate a kick, and I couldn't. Now, the last time I initiated a kick was in Wrath.
Reply Quote
You know, It seems even with kick fixes, that some people, such as us locks get booted from dungeons when we simply follow the orders of the dungeon leaders. Got kicked today for fearing when I was told to fear. If you tell me my job is fearing instead of dealing DPS, What do you think I'm going to Do. Throw DPS and let the target that I'm supposed to be fearing attack you when you told me to Fear it?
I take things literally. You tell me throw DPS, I'm gonna throw DPS, but you tell me to Fear, What do you think i"m going to focus on doing. You want me to do both. ITERATE THAT. Don't kick me cause I did what you asked dang it.
Bottom Line, There is a very simple solution to all the dungeon woes. Redo These Dungeons in a Questing Sort of Manner, so that those that love to quest, and are very good at soloing, can solo these. There will always be raids with guilds as a group activity and PVP. I would love so much to be able to get my Gear for the Raids and feel that if Dungeons were set up for soloing, this would be so much more possible. Incredibly Tired of Pugging!
Reply Quote
the more often you kick people from a group, the longer the timer is for you specificaly

dont kick so many people and your timer wont be so long to do so

Blizzard doesn't want to reveal the inner workings of their system (for obvious reasons), but based on speculation/forum posts people claim that voting YES on votekicks initated by other players, imitating votekicks even if they aren't possible at that time (ie: "player cannot be kicked for another XX minutes") and even voluntarily leaving the group yourself can all add to your timer.

Obviously I can't back these up with any certainty, it is speculation, but it might help explain your experiences and guide your future actions.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
01/27/2011 8:02 AMPosted by Madcowdsease

Wow, she pretty much colored it in crayon for you, too.

On average, meaning not just the last couple days, you clearly have a bad habit of arbitrarily kicking people. I find it highly unlikely that you're encountering that many genuinely bad players that will prevent you from finishing an instance within a reasonable amount of time. Perhaps it's time to step off the high horse and let things pan out. You might be surprised how far picking your battles will get you rather than booting somebody at first glance of their class, some stupid thing they say, or their spec.

Stop kicking people so much and maybe the "bug" will go away.

I'll stop kicking people when they stop ninjaing loot and going AFK for 10+minutes without telling anyone why or for how long. Those are the only people I kick. I am not a chronic player kicker, but it might just be that I only level my characters up with LFD, so I end up using it more than the allgorithims say I should.

In any case, I don't recall using it much at all. I might kick someone every 2 hours of playing, if that. I want to know if this is account based, charater based, or you guys are just making this stuff up cause I never had this problemw ith any of myoother charactters.

You're the guy who caused there to be a timer on kicking. Once every two hours is bad. Hate to break it to you but you're the one who is and was kicking for the wrong reasons.
Reply Quote
39 Draenei Shaman
01/27/2011 8:15 AMPosted by Madcowdsease

Maybe it's just me, but that is a TON of kicking.

At least every 3 instances I run has one of these guys, and at level 30ish you can finish an instance run in 10 minutes.

Only if you force your healer to go OOM every single time you try pulling the entire room. I have more problems with players like you than I do with "loot ninjas" and players going AFK.

I personally think you're just kick-happy, and should stop being so kick-happy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
This entire system of control is screwed. Trying to run instances is painful at best when you are forced to do so with people who dont respect the group dynamic.

The end result being we are either forced to play with these idiots, or suffer the deserter debuff.
Neither is acceptable and I strogly disagree with penalizing players who demand common sense gameplay from their group mates.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]