Valor Point trinket?

90 Gnome Mage
Looking at the trinkets available from the Valor Points vender.
Soul Casket
Core of Ripeness

The Core of Ripeness has the Intellect which we are told is our best stat, but the on use Spirit really bad mages.
The Soul Casket has a good on use spell power for 20 seconds, but for a fire mage the mastery is poor and loosing that major stat Intellect would be bad.

Thoughts for choices for a fire mage?

Side note, I looked at RAWR on EJ
http://elitistjerks.com/rawr.php
but it would not list the Core of Ripeness as a choice.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Proof positive that any idiot can raid.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
01/27/2011 8:38 AMPosted by Lizi

Proof positive that anyone can be a jerk and post their vile and think they are leet when they can't give any useful info. Thanks for being you.
Edited by Nert on 1/27/2011 8:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

Soul Casket is far superior.

1900 spell power on demand is amazing during burn phases (spam fireball), especially good during bloodlust, and excellent when in Molten Fury range.

The mastery isn't terrible either, you can at least reforge it into Hit or Crit, which still gives a nice chunk.

Either way, the full itemization is usable.

The alternative wastes half the itemization, and the spirit does NOTHING for you. Not little... nothing at all.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage

Proof positive that any azz wipe can post their vile and think they are leet when they can't give any useful info. Thanks for being you.

Useful info: spirit is not a good stat for mages

Seriously, you don't know the difference between a healing and a dps trinket and you didn't except someone to make fun of you?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Core of Ripeness aka "Purified Lunar Dust 2.0" aka GOGO GEARSCORE!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
01/27/2011 8:46 AMPosted by Lizi

Proof positive that any azz wipe can post their vile and think they are leet when they can't give any useful info. Thanks for being you.

Useful info: spirit is not a good stat for mages

Seriously, you don't know the difference between a healing and a dps trinket and you didn't except someone to make fun of you?

I indicated in original post that that spirit was bad.
I suspected the choice but wanted to simply get some feedback instead of just assuming I know best.
Seriously, you have to first thing give a snotty post and not simply give info. Really, what does that do for you? How does it help people more who come to the forums asking on topic questions?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I suspected the choice but wanted to simply get some feedback instead of just assuming I know best.

It's a no brainer. It's like coming to the forums and asking if frostbolt has a snare on it. You could have asked in general chat in the starting zone and they would have been able to tell you.

I was making fun of you for not knowing your class better. You have a handful of raid bosses on farm, you should know your class better.

You ask stupid questions, you're going to get sarcastic answers. Don't ask dumb questions next time, or don't do it in a public forum.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
01/27/2011 9:01 AMPosted by Lizi

I was making fun of you for not knowing your class better. You have a handful of raid bosses on farm, you should know your class better.

You ask stupid questions, you're going to get sarcastic answers. Don't ask dumb questions next time, or don't do it in a public forum.

Most people come to the forums to ask questions. That is one of the main purposes, to share information. If they don't know the answer, or as in the case of the post I made they suspect the answer but want to get opinions on the choices, then each and every response to a question in those forums could be:
you should know your class better.

I called you out on your first response because I know from your other posts you have some good information, but you short change yourself if you step one hammer people. I'm not saying that to slam you down, but to give thought to make the forums better. It is a suggestion for consideration.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
01/27/2011 9:21 AMPosted by Nert
you short change yourself if you step one hammer people. I'm not saying that to slam you down, but to give thought to make the forums better. It is a suggestion for consideration.

That's fair, and all true.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
The best trinkets for us are (that are easily available)

Darkmoon Card: Volcano
Stump of Time
Soul Casket

I decided to buy the Volcano off the AH last night, got the Stump already - now I can spend my valor somewhere else.
Edited by Asmo on 1/27/2011 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
89 Gnome Mage
Stump of Time and Soul Casket for the win. The darkmoon Card Volcano is good too if you got money to blow on those or if you're into inscription.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Wouldnt waste the valor on the Soul Casket, you have much better buys than that trinket

Just pick up Stump of Time+Witching Hourglass or DMC:V if you have the money

Buy your tier chest and Boots/Cape first
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Which trinket is better for Arcane Mage?

Darkmoon Volcano
Core of Ripeness
or Soul Casket??

Kinda confused. Core of ripeness got 321 intel which is good for arcane, but it also got spirit.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
While I commend your use of what I assume is the search feature, please don't necro year old threads. I though people were being especially stupid until I noticed it said 2011.

And dmc volcano is probably better than those 2, though damned if I remember where the old trinkets stand in usefulness.
Edited by Glacios on 2/29/2012 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
how about Moonwell Chalice? O.o
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
01/27/2011 08:38 AMPosted by Lizi

I have cramps I laughed out loud so hard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]