Too...Many...TWINKS!

83 Human Paladin
I was waiting for you to say this.

"But I don't want to because I want a fair fight." = "I enjoy leveling slowly, never mind the extra 35% exp buff. I don't mind having to look for new gear so often, even though I can put better enchants on it then heirlooms (stuck with no iLvl restriction chants). I don't mind that others are still going to use BoAs and kill me, I will simply target others without BoAs because I have prior game knowledge since I've already leveled a character to 85 and should have more skill then them"

Wrong. "But I don't want to because I want a fair fight." = "I want to go to PvP with an actual chance of winning. I want to go into the BG and not see everyone else with BoA items and crush us just because, depsite having skill, our team can't win because they have the JP to spend on BoAs. I want to go into a BG and have the match decided by whoever has the most skill, not whoever has the most money."

And this is the flaw a lot of you are willing to force yourself to believe, that somehow a new player "could" get gear to compete with it; but that is just plain false and here is why...<snip>
Thank you.
Edited by Everard on 1/27/2011 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
These facts being said, stop supporting a broken system which hinders the experience of others...

First person shooters are ==========>
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
01/27/2011 7:34 PMPosted by Xenå
First person shooters are ==========>
...Not really relevant to this topic?
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin

Wrong. "But I don't want to because I want a fair fight." = "I want to go to PvP with an actual chance of winning. I want to go into the BG and not see everyone else with BoA items and crush us just because, depsite having skill, our team can't win because they have the JP to spend on BoAs. I want to go into a BG and have the match decided by whoever has the most skill, not whoever has the most money."
They'll still have BoAs, and you could which would put you on equal footing, then it would come down to skill, class and pieces that aren't BoA to be properly geared and enchanted.

Blizzard isn't going to take them out when such a large % of the player base has them.

Alright, I see your logic here. Then how 'bout this: Two different BGs. One for people with twinks, the other for people without twinks. This way, if you like twinks, then have at it. If you don't, then you can have a fair fight.
Edited by Everard on 1/27/2011 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
7 Blood Elf Priest
Blizzard isn't going to take them out when such a large % of the player base has them.

You really believe that if blizzard would nerf Druid shapeshifting and remove permanent Tree of Life form? Where the hell have you been? Im not saying those are good choices and they are not, Druids need that shapeshifting, just showing you that player numbers dont seem to matter to them. Besides they could fix this by adding PvP gear at lvls 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50, and keep the BoA gear, the point of this thread is that right now BoA in the current state of the game is a hinderance to pvp.
Edited by Yurazjen on 1/27/2011 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
...Not really relevant to this topic?

PvP will never be balanced in this game. If you want a balanced game where you have to put in little effort to build your character then you want to play a first person shooter. In MMORPGs your performance is going to be largely based on how well you gear your character. If you come in wearing @#@#ty greens you're going to have @#@#ty performance.
Reply Quote
7 Blood Elf Priest
These are items available to people playing at the level cap (most players) and those people like to level faster as a reward.

I posted some more info so you could get what i was saying; its fine you want to lvl faster, but for people like me who dont want to lvl faster and for new players it is a problem. I totally agree that letting them lvl faster is a great idea.

Now for the Tree of Life response you gave, you are acting like the ONLY way to make healing work was to remove it but that is rediculous; its probably more along the lines that they didnt want to take the time to balance it, even though that could of been done in about 30min. Maybe they are just too busy with Diablo or something. Still, it was a very dumb move for the players.
Edited by Yurazjen on 1/27/2011 7:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've been on a BG many times where two players look exactly the same because they have the same heirlooms, assumingly because they're the most powerful heirlooms. So, as far as heirlooms go, those might be considered the "BiS" of heirlooms.

This makes no sense and does not even address the point that I made.

Lets take an equipment slot, Chest for example. There is a different chest BOA for each class. Sure a hunter coul equip the mage BOA chest armor but really he should be equipping the hunter BOA chest. Its more powerful than the other class BOAs simply because it was designed for a hunter.

The fact that two players are wearing the same BOA item usually means nothing more than the following:
1. They are likely the same class and both have level 80s
2. They are too lazy to farm for a possibly better BIS dungeon item. In fact, the whole point of BOAs is the make leveling faster by minimizing the amount of gear farming we have to do.

Regardless, you ignored the point I made which was that Twinks have BIS gear IN EVERY SINGLE SLOT. This usually involves significant time investment.

I've played a BG on my Pally when I was in the 15 range and now, when he's in the 60s, seen a few familiar faces in my newer characters. So yes, they occasionally do.

No they don`t. Its impossible.

Its impossible because leveling battlegrounds give experience. They only way they can stay in the bracket is for them to turn off their exp. HOWEVER, when you turn off your exp, you are no longer grouped with and queued into the leveling BGs. When you turn off your exp, you can only join the twink battlegrounds (other people that have turned off their exp)
Edited by Hailshot on 1/27/2011 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
So ya... Both ally and horde are bound to have the same number of twinks. thats the first thing, secondly, if your getting beat by bots... you need practice.
3.Being a twink is part of the fun and there is no way to stop it.

4.ALL is fair. Lets say we got into a fight and i picked up a rock and hit you with it. No rules had been made, therefore you could have done the same thing at any time.

5.PVP, questing and dungon ques are all ways to level. use a diffrant one.

6.I am ally and i win over 50% stop complaining. ally out numbers horde world wide. They have the only room to complain.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
ok i wanna know what BiS is?
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
01/27/2011 7:42 PMPosted by Results
Tree of Life was involved in an entire overhaul of the healing system, every class got changes. Heard of priests chakra or paladins Holy Power?

I have a lvl 20-ish Disc Priest and I don't have chakra. :| And Holy Power isn't just for healing, it's for Word of Glory and Templar's Verdict (and others, if you have a different talent tree).

01/27/2011 8:00 PMPosted by Sheerkahn
So ya... Both ally and horde are bound to have the same number of twinks. thats the first thing

And how do you know this? That's just an assumption. A logical assumption, but an assumption nonetheless. Regardless, that doesn't mean that the Alliance will have the same amount of twinks as the Horde every single BG. In fact, that's quite rare.

secondly, if your getting beat by bots... you need practice.

Your argument is invalid. Bots are designed to make one's character better, yes? And they succeed in doing that. (If they didn't, there would either, a, be no bots, or b, they'd improve the bots, getting us to where we are now.)

3.Being a twink is part of the fun and there is no way to stop it.

"Part of the fun"? If I were the twink, I'd get bored of the Battlegrounds really quickly because there's no fear of losing. If I were against a twink, I'd lose very quickly. Which isn't fun. Read my previous posts; most of them already contain counterarguments to this. Also see my response to number 5.

4.ALL is fair. Lets say we got into a fight and i picked up a rock and hit you with it. No rules had been made, therefore you could have done the same thing at any time.

And in Battlegrounds, there are rules to make sure we both know when we can start throwing rocks. And again, you didn't even address the fact that you might have access to a boulder when I only have access to a pebble. Once more, your argument is invalid.

5.PVP, questing and dungon ques are all ways to level. use a diffrant one.

I do all three, and I find PvP to be the most exciting, when fair. One of the best times I've had in PvP was in AB where the Alliance was losing 2 to 0 for most of the match. At 4 minutes left, we got back-to-back caps and eventually won. That's where the thrill of PvP is. Not knowing whether you're going to win or not.

6.I am ally and i win over 50% stop complaining. ally out numbers horde world wide. They have the only room to complain.

So? You win most of the time despite being Ally, that's what your saying, right? I'm...not seeing where you're going with this. Also, going back to number 1, since the Alliance outnumbers the Horde, wouldn't the Alliance have more twinks, logically?

01/27/2011 8:17 PMPosted by Baelzhar
I'm sorry, but Blizz isn't the federal government - they don't hand out welfare checks to the minority.
EDIT: So you're saying Blizz shouldn't make WoW more fair?
Edited by Everard on 1/27/2011 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]