Outland Inconvenience

(Locked)

36 Goblin Hunter
On an undead lock, and this hunter, I have been thoroughly enjoying the leveling experience again. However, it seems Blizzard went to a lot of trouble to make Outland as difficult as possible, by taking out the portals in Shatt. It could be that I'm missing something, but having asked on Trade Channel, it seems alll access other than by another player porting you, is strictly in and through the Dark Portal.

If this is wrong, please enlighten me. If I'm right, then my enjoyable leveling experience just came to a crashing end. What I don't get is... how can Blizz do SO WELL (and I mean leveling so far has been a blast!) on one part and totally screw up another? Easy access to AH, etc. in Org and UC is crucial to the game, so why make it so difficult?
Edited by Aimless on 1/28/2011 9:06 AM PST
85 Goblin Hunter
Yes, the only way into Outland is the portal unless you have A.) a mage or B.) your hearth set there.

That's why Blizz made an autolink to the Shatt FP.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Set hearth to Org or UC.
Hearth to city.
Do AH stuff.
Take convenient portal back to Dark Portal.
Community Manager
There are class trainers and auction houses in Shattrath now.

(Dalaran too)
Edited by Bashiok on 1/28/2011 9:09 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
01/28/2011 9:05 AMPosted by Aimless
Easy access to AH, etc. in Org and UC is crucial to the game, so why make it so difficult?

The irony is so delicious.

AH and Bank in every capital. Trainers in every capital. Profession trainers in every capital. Battlemasters in every capital. Riding trainers should be available in every capital except Shattrath (hellfire has riding trainers).

There is only one reason to go to another city: to trade with another player. If you are not incurring this problem, then your concern is unwarranted.
85 Worgen Death Knight
Make new portals to the new expansion zones, and then remove the portals from the previous expansion zones.

Makes perfect sense since no new players will be enticed to play with the advent of a new expansion.
85 Human Paladin
01/28/2011 9:08 AMPosted by Aedistan

There is only one reason to go to another city: to trade with another player.

Unless you like another city...but that's just a matter of preference.
Edited by Baylion on 1/28/2011 9:15 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
When leveling up an alt during wotlk once I entered Outland the only time I left was to train and to move on to Northrend at 68.

Sure the portals are gone, but you have class trainers now. If I leveled another alt I'm sure it wouldn't be that big of a deal to not leave.
85 Human Mage
01/28/2011 9:12 AMPosted by Vuloth
Make new portals to the new expansion zones, and then remove the portals from the previous expansion zones.

Makes perfect sense since no new players will be enticed to play with the advent of a new expansion.

I think it's more because this way people will actually use Shattrath while in the content they are intended for. Shattrath became a horrid ghost town when Dal came out. Dalaran has more draws to 85s besides its portals, on the other hand. it's very silly if you're supposed to be in a war on another planet but you can pop home to see mum and back without the slightest bit of inconvenience.
Edited by Westfire on 1/28/2011 9:18 AM PST
5 Blood Elf Mage
this isnt widely known so i hope it helps, on the outlands side of the dark portal there is a port to stormwind and i think orgimar. sure it means going to the dark portal but its still not as bad as having to fly all over azeroth or get gouged by overcharging mages to port you around. if you dont know where the portal is at the dark portal, it is against the same wall as the dark portal itself on the alliance/horde side of the steps. look around and it shouldnt be hard to find. i do believe before they removed the ports in shatt they were only decorative but now they do port you
85 Night Elf Druid
TL;DR I HAS DA QQ!!!!

Outland takes an afternoon or two to get through, it's not that big of a deal.
85 Human Paladin
01/28/2011 9:19 AMPosted by Nestarielle
TL;DR I HAS DA QQ!!!!

Outland takes an afternoon or two to get through, it's not that big of a deal.

An afternoon or two for people who aren't completely burnt out by the time they hit Outland.
I have two alts sitting at 60... I just can't stand outland anymore, and I'll dread Notherend even more...
90 Troll Druid
On an undead lock, and this hunter, I have been thoroughly enjoying the leveling experience again. However, it seems Blizzard went to a lot of trouble to make Outland as difficult as possible, by taking out the portals in Shatt. It could be that I'm missing something, but having asked on Trade Channel, it seems alll access other than by another player porting you, is strictly in and through the Dark Portal.

If this is wrong, please enlighten me. If I'm right, then my enjoyable leveling experience just came to a crashing end. What I don't get is... how can Blizz do SO WELL (and I mean leveling so far has been a blast!) on one part and totally screw up another? Easy access to AH, etc. in Org and UC is crucial to the game, so why make it so difficult?

Well, there is an AH and trainers in Shat now. If you're lock has his flying mount now, fly to each flight point and open them all up right from the start. It's what I plan on doing with this guy once I hit 60.

However, after the first few initial quests, I plan on using LFD to level to 68. :)
11 Worgen Warrior
Same problem with Northrend.

On my main I have the tabard to the Crusader dailies so I use it when I go to get my Egg but its a long and tedious grind for people just passing through. I don't have the tabard on my alts so getting there becomes much more annoying.

I farm H SH every day if the doors don't open then I have to either run all the way through or hearth to Org, take the Zep to UC, take the port to SMC then fly all the way to IQD. The port to IQD is still there though, sadly you cant fly in those zones.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
It could be that I'm missing something, but having asked on Trade Channel, it seems alll access other than by another player porting you, is strictly in and through the Dark Portal.

Have you tried going to Dalaran lately? Do that then QQ about Shatt.

01/28/2011 9:08 AMPosted by Aedistan
Riding trainers should be available in every capital except Shattrath (hellfire has riding trainers).

They are, but getting to Shatt is more annoying than going to hellfire, so why they didn't add one there too is beyond me.
Edited by Niagorea on 1/28/2011 9:31 AM PST
90 Gnome Mage
I think they need to add an in game loading screen tip reminder people of the trainers/AH in Dal & Shatt. It really is not that hard to move around as it use to be. If anything, getting from Northrend to the rest of Azeroth takes the longest now. Otherwise you utilize the ports in SW/Org port to Dark Portal to get to Outland, fly to Shatt to do your stuff, go back to the Dark Portal and port to SW/Org, and use ports in SW/Org to get around the world for Cata content. Leveling my alts has not been a problem at all getting around. Just have to be a little more resourceful and take an extra minute.
I can't believe people are actually still crying about this. No matter how much crying you do, the portals aren't coming back. There are Trainers and an AH in both Dal and Shatt.

From your cities, you have a portal to Blasted Lands that leads you right in front of the Dark Portal. Use them. Its not that hard to Right Click and then move up into the bigger portal. :3
90 Human Warlock
01/28/2011 9:18 AMPosted by Westfire

I think it's more because this way people will actually use Shattrath while in the content they are intended for. Shattrath became a horrid ghost town when Dal came out. Dalaran has more draws to 85s besides its portals, on the other hand. it's very silly if you're supposed to be in a war on another planet but you can pop home to see mum and back without the slightest bit of inconvenience.

The removal has nothing to do with Lore or roleplay. For all intents and purposes it is possible to just pop back home to azeroth to "see your mum" and back without to much of an inconvenience. The portals in the cities weren't about lore or roleplay, they were there for a strictly gameplay feature. Don't try to spin them otherwise.
Edited by Rhorle on 1/28/2011 9:32 AM PST
1 Draenei Shaman
01/28/2011 9:08 AMPosted by Bashiok
There are class trainers and auction houses in Shattrath now.

(Dalaran too)

Unless your leveling a DK =(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]