Outland Inconvenience

(Locked)

85 Gnome Warlock
01/28/2011 9:08 AMPosted by Bashiok
There are class trainers and auction houses in Shattrath now.

(Dalaran too)

That right there.
85 Night Elf Druid
01/28/2011 9:21 AMPosted by Thelìght
TL;DR I HAS DA QQ!!!!

Outland takes an afternoon or two to get through, it's not that big of a deal.

An afternoon or two for people who aren't completely burnt out by the time they hit Outland.
I have two alts sitting at 60... I just can't stand outland anymore, and I'll dread Notherend even more...

Do something else then? Level another alt? Take the 60s toons through dungeons and pvp for a few levels? Play your 85? Do dailies, level profs, yadda yadda yadda.

OL sucks, sure. But it's not worth all this QQ crap.
90 Worgen Hunter
01/28/2011 9:26 AMPosted by Niagorea
Riding trainers should be available in every capital except Shattrath (hellfire has riding trainers).

They are, but getting to Shatt is more annoying than going to hellfire, so why they didn't add one there too is beyond me.

Because you could just train it in Org/SW before you even go to Outland...
85 Blood Elf Warrior
01/28/2011 9:32 AMPosted by Canrry
Unless your leveling a DK =(

oh boo hoo you get a spell to teleport you right to one.

Why is this an issue?

There's still org/stormwind ports at the dark portal, and trainers/ah at shattrath.

People are lazy as hell.
87 Draenei Death Knight
01/28/2011 9:32 AMPosted by Canrry

(Dalaran too)

Unless your leveling a DK =(

DKs have a trade-off... we can teleport to our trainer whenever, wherever... but we'd better have a hearth ready to get back to what we were doing. As long as we aren't doing it every 15-30 minutes, it is usually okay.
55 Draenei Hunter
01/28/2011 9:19 AMPosted by Kialian
this isnt widely known so i hope it helps, on the outlands side of the dark portal there is a port to stormwind and i think orgimar. sure it means going to the dark portal but its still not as bad as having to fly all over azeroth or get gouged by overcharging mages to port you around. if you dont know where the portal is at the dark portal, it is against the same wall as the dark portal itself on the alliance/horde side of the steps. look around and it shouldnt be hard to find. i do believe before they removed the ports in shatt they were only decorative but now they do port you

Oh really? I didn't know that. So, if I'm in Exodar, I can port to the Blasted Lands, go through the Portal, then take a port to SW? Nice. I'll have to see if this is legit. :D
11 Draenei Mage
I just leveled a paladin through Outland and am working on Northrend.

Outland is far less annoying than Northrend due to the portal from Orgrimmar to the Dark Portal and the portal from the Dark Portal to Orgrimmar (or Stormwind). You also level very fast, I only did Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, and Blade's Edge (skipped Terokkar and Nagrand because I have done them a LOT) before I was 68 and I was not even rested most of the time and have no heirlooms.

Northrend though not only do you have a pretty long flight back to Borean Tundra (or Howling Fjord if going to UC) but you also have to wait for the Zeppelin. Yes there are trainers and AH and everything you need in Dalaran and Shattrath, but the person to person meetup is still Orgrimmar as well as some daily quests I was working on.

So I think Outland is ok, Northrend needs a little help, maybe just a portal from Dalaran back to Borean Tundra or something.
85 Tauren Paladin
I'm disgusted (but not altogether surprised) that this debate is still ongoing. The blue poster comes out and points out that there are class trainers and AHs in Shattrath and Dalaran - the only reason we really needed the portals in the first place - and yet there is still a page-and-a-half of people going "QQ, this sucks, going to the AH in Org/SW is so hard now".

I could point out a few "back in my day" things, like when you needed 20 (for ZG/AQ20) or 40 (for everything else) people to run raids, paladins weren't allowed to be anything but holy, druids weren't allowed to be anything but boomkins, or when you had to slog it out on foot - or spend 10 minutes on a flight path - to get anywhere. Back when there were 40 levels' difference (instead of 20) between Tirisfal Glades and Western Plaguelands. (Oh, the bears were so loveable back then.) Back when the only portals were opened by mages, and the Dark Portal was just a nice bit of scenery on the map. Back when only Alliance would have paladins (like I used to be, lol) and only Horde could have shamans. Yada yada yada.

But most of you wouldn't know that, would you? You're so used to having everything handed to you. Easy access to the world was just a hop and a skip away, just hearth to Shattrath, or later on to Dalaran, and on you go. We all did it, I'll admit. But now that crutch is gone, and unlike a lot of you, there are quite a few of us who've learned to walk (or in this case, fly, lol) without it.

You easy-port fetishists make me sick.
Edited by Ketiron on 1/28/2011 10:00 AM PST
89 Tauren Hunter
01/28/2011 9:05 AMPosted by Aimless
On an undead lock, and this hunter, I have been thoroughly enjoying the leveling experience again. However, it seems Blizzard went to a lot of trouble to make Outland as difficult as possible, by taking out the portals in Shatt. It could be that I'm missing something, but having asked on Trade Channel, it seems alll access other than by another player porting you, is strictly in and through the Dark Portal.

On either side of the Dark Portal are mage portals. One goes to Stormwind and the other goes to Orgrimmar.

There's your shortcut home.

85 Blood Elf Priest
I think part of the reason they took the multiple portals to other cities out of cities has to be because of the archeology profession. I do not think they wanted all players able to set hearth in dal and basically be a mage in terms of traveling around the world for archeology.

85 Night Elf Druid
I honestly don't see the problem.

Ding 68, go to outlands. Gain some levels quickly. Hearth back to town, AH, log out til next day, whatever. Use dark portal to get back to Hellfire. Quest there more or in the next zone. Log out in some inn. Continue next day.

Honestly, I never even went to Shat when leveling alts through there.

Dalaran could be more of a problem since there's no quick way besides a slow boat to get there. But again, trainers and auction house in Dal. Go there.

01/28/2011 9:32 AMPosted by Adoniá
When Northrend opened up, people didn't stay in Shat did they? Now that there are portals to all the new content in Stormwind and Org, why would people congregate in Dal. Even if they did, why is that such a harm?

No, because Northrend had all the portals too, including to shat! And all the max level content was in that zone.

I assure you, if Dalaran had the portals, people would stay there. Why? Because you have the option, for convenience, to port to any city. Why set your hearth in Stormwind when you can set it in a town that can instantly take you to Stormwind, Ironforge, or Darnassus, or caverns of time, whichever is more convenient for your current travel needs? Answer: a sensible person wouldn't.

My chief complaint about thing is I wish they had the cata portals and fishing/cooking dailies in Ironforge as well as Stormwind. I really prefer that town.
1 Goblin Warrior

That's... outlandish!
90 Goblin Priest

(Dalaran too)

FYI the guards don't know where the auction house is.
85 Tauren Warrior

(Dalaran too)
Portal to Shatt and Org in Dal and a potal to Org in Shatt.

Make it happen!
Edited by Gogetters on 1/28/2011 10:06 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]