Shadow PvP: Warlords Season 16

(Sticky)

90 Dwarf Priest
ok kool
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
"Tier FourDesperate Prayer: Breaks Shadowform, takes a GCD, affected by healing reducing abilities. Cannot cast while CCed. Not worth it." just wanted to say its that this need correction it does not break shadow and its not on a GCD i currently Have macro'ed into my dispersion. and from what i am seeing seem to work nicely.
Reply Quote
09/03/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Belevon
"Tier FourDesperate Prayer: Breaks Shadowform, takes a GCD, affected by healing reducing abilities. Cannot cast while CCed. Not worth it." just wanted to say its that this need correction it does not break shadow and its not on a GCD i currently Have macro'ed into my dispersion. and from what i am seeing seem to work nicely.

Thank you. Will change immediately. Also link me the macro please. I'd like to see the order of operations.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
its also macro'ed with healthstone when you run with a lock here it its :)

hope it helps

/use healthstone
/cast desperate Prayer
/cast dispersion
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
anyone who may know the answer. may i ask why is crit over mastery? with mastery it seems like you would get your FDCL and DI procs way more with haste mastery than haste crit. please someone explain it to me.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Bakpedal
anyone who may know the answer. may i ask why is crit over mastery? with mastery it seems like you would get your FDCL and DI procs way more with haste mastery than haste crit. please someone explain it to me.

Funny you ask this. The first secondary stats order that came out from theorycrafting on popular websites were as mentioned, "Haste > Crit > Mastery".

Over the past several days I realized the Mastery procs were activating FDCL/DI. Couple that with stat values translating into percentages being extremely different between Crit and Mastery (Crit: 179.31 = 1%, Mastery: 99.62 = 1%), the latter requiring much less per percentage increase, it "seems" to make more sense to take Mastery over Crit right now.

That basically means more Mastery means increasing your FDCL/DI procs percentages from their respective 15%/5% base indirectly. But I've only reforged and haven't run the numbers yet.

I'm going to be gone for five days for military training tomorrow, so don't be surprised if another website has the numbers posted before I do. Assuming they haven't already.
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Warlock
i dont know much about the numbers but i've been all mastery since the patch came out... and i'm running around destroying, well, everything.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Hmm, I switched all my Int gems to PVP Power ($igh) and it sure seems like my DPS went DOWN, not up. I was consistently topping the dmg and now I'm middle of the pack (?)

I'm noticing other SPs in the bg with me, with similar gear when I check them on battle.net. nd they're doin way more dmg --and still have Int gems-- so how sure is it that PVP Power > Int, at level 85?

(If PVP Power > Int is a mathematical sure thing, then I'm sure I'm just imagining things, but I just thought I'd ask to be 100% sure. Thx.)

p.s. Thanks for the guide/thread. It's been very helpful! (Fyi, I'm also speccin mastery > crit for the added procs, and it *seems* to work well for me.)

---
Edited by Xiander on 9/7/2012 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm unsure about the pvp power > intellect. Everything I read says it sounds great, but I have yet to try it. Will be a bummer if I regem and it sucks as you've said, but figure it is worth a try. I also am a little hesitant to believe that whatever difference there is would put you down as much as you describe, could have just been a better geared horde team, and a bad game?

Would appreciate more posts from priests on their experience with pvp power! Thanks for bringing that up because it has been a concern of mine, too.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Why do you choose to reforge mastery to crit if haste is priority
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I may not have even 10% of the PVP achievements you guys here have but I will still say some !@#$ anyway.
My observations on stat priority are Intel > resil > Mastery > haste > crit . (prioritizing haste and crit over mastery or other combinations of these three stats except the one I stated above didn't work for me that well).

I have always sat in the top 3 on dmg in random BGs since 5.0.4 went live (random BGs I know, but having all ten classes that are current - have to share my love equally among them so, can only do randoms for now).

Quite often, would be top dmg with a difference of almost a million compared to the next on the chart - and trust me, I give more importance to winning the battle (objectives) than topping charts but I do check them at the end of the battle.
I personally haven't tried gemming into PVP power - why fix something that doesn't seem broken?
Duelling wise, classes I have some trouble with are good warriors and good frost mages especially when their timing is bang on target. Warriors cos I don't have tendrils and mages cos those %^-*ers can blink my psyfiend's awesomeness and when lined up properly, their FF bolt and lances kill me in a couple of globals.
Edited by Perplexy on 9/9/2012 10:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Thanks heaps for this guide, i just dinged 69 when 5.0.4 landed, it messed me up a little bit as my already baby muscle memories urged not to rebind that to there and so on.

I really really REALLY appreciate this, i was feeling quite lost and confused
As a rogue i have always respected Spriests.

I am however glad to know that i was pretty onto it with the talents as i've tested and chosen almost all the ones suggested although i will admit Twist of Fate activating as the enemy gets into SW:Death range was something i completely missed xD
/facepalm

one final thanks :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Not sure but. Satin bonus is only usable once every 1min 45 seconds... if you use the cooldown that often while the Mooncloth is every PW:S which is cast almost on Cooldown in combat as Shadow... I'd say the increased damage mitigatation over an extended period of time would surpass it. But Meh... I just came back today and Haven't got to play with much yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Also since we're changing to Mastery and Not Crit a few of the pieces of gear need changed.
Reply Quote
Hey folks, sorry I haven't posted. I just got back from a six day training exercise and my SmartPhone died. Therefor my authenticator wasn't working and it took awhile to get it readjusted.

Anyway I'll be replying to everyone once I get some free time. I didn't forget. <3
Reply Quote
Im still wondering about pvp power vs intellect. Ive gemmed either way and cant say there is too much difference.
Reply Quote
Hmm, I switched all my Int gems to PVP Power ($igh) and it sure seems like my DPS went DOWN, not up. I was consistently topping the dmg and now I'm middle of the pack (?)

I'm noticing other SPs in the bg with me, with similar gear when I check them on battle.net. nd they're doin way more dmg --and still have Int gems-- so how sure is it that PVP Power > Int, at level 85?

(If PVP Power > Int is a mathematical sure thing, then I'm sure I'm just imagining things, but I just thought I'd ask to be 100% sure. Thx.)

p.s. Thanks for the guide/thread. It's been very helpful! (Fyi, I'm also speccin mastery > crit for the added procs, and it *seems* to work well for me.)

I'm unsure about the pvp power > intellect. Everything I read says it sounds great, but I have yet to try it. Will be a bummer if I regem and it sucks as you've said, but figure it is worth a try. I also am a little hesitant to believe that whatever difference there is would put you down as much as you describe, could have just been a better geared horde team, and a bad game?

Would appreciate more posts from priests on their experience with pvp power! Thanks for bringing that up because it has been a concern of mine, too.

09/12/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Recubee
Im still wondering about pvp power vs intellect. Ive gemmed either way and cant say there is too much difference.

(Keep in mind the numbers that follow are Lv90 specific, but the equations are universal)
Excerpts from the Eldacar Guide I posted a link to,

The most common misconception that most players seem to have about PVP Power is that it acts as a kind of "Resilience Penetration" which counteracts the target's resilience 1 for 1, that is simply not true. PVP Power increases your damage by the percentage shown in your stat pane, it always increases it by that same amount regardless of how much resilience the target has. The target's resilience then mitigates that incoming damage based on how much damage reduction that target has.

Take for example a warrior who's swing always does 100 damage per swing in PVE. This warrior gets a +50% damage increase from PVP Power in PVP, so that 100 damage get's increased to 150 damage in PVP. This warrior has now decided to attack a paladin that looked at him the wrong way. The paladin has +50% damage reduction from his resilience, so when the warrior's 150 damage hits him it is reduced to down to 75. That is how PVP Power and Resilience interact, the outgoing damage is boosted up by PVP Power, then the total incoming damage is mitigated down by PVP Resilience.

Comparing and evaluating the choice between Strength, Agility & Intellect vs PVP Power for each class is unfortunately a fairly complicated matter. There are two primary issues involved with making this determination, the synergistic relationship of primary stats with PVP Power, and the difficulty of quantifying the value that the primary stats provide for each class.

The issue of stat synergy refers to the fact that getting more of your primary stat makes PVP Power more valuable, and the same works in reverse, more PVP Power makes your primary stat more valuable. This creates a situation where there the line determining which is better shifts based on how much of each you already have. This makes the calculation more complicated but not impossible.

It is the second issue that is really holding things up; the issue of quantifying the value provided by the primary stats. Each class gets different benefits from their primary stat, including side benefits that can affect dps, healing, or survivability. Additionally there is no easy way to measure the DPS or healing boost provided by increasing the primary stats. There is no single stat to go by, neither the spell power stat for casters nor the attack power stat for melee accurately represent the total DPS that character will do as different abilities and specs scale with them to different degrees. Really the only reliable way to determine the benefit provided by these stats is to perform a lot of methodical in-game testing on each class and spec at level 90 or to use a very detailed simulator.
Edited by Merrik on 9/12/2012 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/09/2012 01:45 AMPosted by Shmoke
Why do you choose to reforge mastery to crit if haste is priority

When you looked me up on the Armory, I was testing numbers with a Mastery over Crit build. And I've been gone for several days. I'm still not done crunching numbers yet.
Edited by Merrik on 9/12/2012 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I may not have even 10% of the PVP achievements you guys here have but I will still say some !@#$ anyway.
My observations on stat priority are Intel > resil > Mastery > haste > crit . (prioritizing haste and crit over mastery or other combinations of these three stats except the one I stated above didn't work for me that well).

I have always sat in the top 3 on dmg in random BGs since 5.0.4 went live (random BGs I know, but having all ten classes that are current - have to share my love equally among them so, can only do randoms for now).

Quite often, would be top dmg with a difference of almost a million compared to the next on the chart - and trust me, I give more importance to winning the battle (objectives) than topping charts but I do check them at the end of the battle.
I personally haven't tried gemming into PVP power - why fix something that doesn't seem broken?
Duelling wise, classes I have some trouble with are good warriors and good frost mages especially when their timing is bang on target. Warriors cos I don't have tendrils and mages cos those %^-*ers can blink my psyfiend's awesomeness and when lined up properly, their FF bolt and lances kill me in a couple of globals.

I only post my achievements since the majority of people are judgemental and only give time to people who have a solid background via achievements even though the poster may be trying to help. Doesn't matter how many achievements you have, your opinion and findings help.

The key thing everyone needs to remember is BGs aren't really the best way to test numbers. There are too many factors that change the scoreboard dramatically such as a DeathMatcher vs someone who defends. Is your team amazing or did you get stuck with a bunch of alts in greens?

Although BGs can provide some good datum, the mathematics are usually done on a simulator or target dummy. The environment in which testing is done will always be exactly the same in the latter scenario providing much more accurate information.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]