Shadow PvP: Warlords Season 16

(Sticky)

90 Night Elf Druid
Stat Priority
1) 6% Hit
Note: Draeni only need 5% due to Racial Ability "Heroic Presence".

Draenei*
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Almost got my initial Set of gear completed. Once I do I can start playing around with reforging and such. But for now I'm running a 10% Haste Build.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yeah I wouldn't focus ob "Purely" crit. It's combining crit+mastery to maximizing damage from both.
Reply Quote
This post begins official Lv90 discussions as I have updated a majority of the guide.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
welcome back Merrik, cascade over halo?
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Imdave
welcome back Merrik, cascade over halo?

For RBGs I recommend Cascade, the total damage is excellent combined with the ability to heal. All at range.

For Arenas, Halo. You're more compressed into tight areas.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
UPDATE! (10NOV12), Updating Guide to Lv90. Not everything is complete.

Gemming
Meta Socket: Burning Primal Diamond
Red Socket: Mysterious Imperial Amethyst or Perfect Mysterious Roguestone
Yellow Socket: Vivid Wild Jade or Perfect Vivid Alexandrite
Blue Socket and Belt Prismatic: Stormy River's Heart or Perfect Stormy Lapis Lazuli

The socket bonus really worth it on Red and Yellow Gems? I mean, use Blue Gems ins't better?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Kardona, interesting choice with the trinkets. Does that work good? I would be afraid to not have the movement trinket. How often does the insignia trinket proc?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It works because I'm Human. OP Racial.
Reply Quote
UPDATE! (10NOV12), Updating Guide to Lv90. Not everything is complete.

Gemming
Meta Socket: Burning Primal Diamond
Red Socket: Mysterious Imperial Amethyst or Perfect Mysterious Roguestone
Yellow Socket: Vivid Wild Jade or Perfect Vivid Alexandrite
Blue Socket and Belt Prismatic: Stormy River's Heart or Perfect Stormy Lapis Lazuli

The socket bonus really worth it on Red and Yellow Gems? I mean, use Blue Gems ins't better?

Except the Helmet (180Power Bonus) the following would occur would be:
+800 Power
-320 Int
-620 Resilience

Other factors not calculated are:
+5% Int Mysticism
+5% Int from GotW/BoAK
+10% SpellPower from Inner Fire
+10% Spell Power from Dark Intent/Arcane Intellect

I believe the 320 Int with all three buffs up are:
320Int*5%Int*5%Int*10%Spell*10%Spell
Mysticism: 320*0.05 = 16
GotW/BoAK: 336*0.05 = 16.8
Inner Fire: 352.8*0.1= 35.28
DI/AI: 388.08*0.1= 38.808
Total Intellect lost = 352.8
Total Spell Power lost = 426.888

(The was rough math but very close since the conversion is:
"Intellect (1 Int = 1.0009 Spell Power / 1,975.97 - 1% Spell Crit"
And I left the values at 1Int = 1SpellPower

I suppose it is up to you really. PvP Power amplifies your total damage output after calculating base Int, base SpellPower, buffs (assuming you have all three):

(Intellect*0.05*0.05*1.0009)+SpellPower*0.1*0.1= (Final SpellPower for spell cast + Base Damage Range of spell)*PvPPower= Damage dealt (Excluding damage reduction like Res or talents)

It seems like a better choice to stick with socket bonus'. The gain is, in my opinion, not worth it.
Edited by Merrik on 11/19/2012 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
My question is, I have full hp gear and don't have anything reforged to hit, it's all reforged to haste, but my hit is still over 10 and my haste is only at 14. What can i do to correct this? My reds are socketed intell blues and yellows are pvp power/resil.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Tiptastic
My question is, I have full hp gear and don't have anything reforged to hit, it's all reforged to haste, but my hit is still over 10 and my haste is only at 14. What can i do to correct this? My reds are socketed intell blues and yellows are pvp power/resil.

For starters you have around 433 more Spirit than me, probably from you using Mooncloth instead of Satin.

Secondly you have +256 Hit on your bracers. This guide doesnt want you to get Hit or Spirit bracers.

There's other issues but in short, you're gear does not match this guide anywhere close to what it should be.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
ive been making the blue set this way while i save up conquest for the epics pieces, cause im assuming that the malevolent set is better than this one. since you need a better rating and what not.
Edited by Reindeer on 12/12/2012 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
With what you have posted about resiliance in the main post, would it not be more benaficial to gem +160 PvP Power & +160 Mastery in your Yellow Socket's (thats what i use on all my casters i play Spriest/Lock/Mage currently)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Sorry for another Post, but i aslso have a question.

is there, and if so are we going to see a soft Mastey Cap, where we then can once again step into Crit, to min max our masety procs.

In addition wile stacking mastey whats your view on swaping FDCL for Mindbender, I currently play both arena and RBG's but use the same gear.

Arena:
I use mindbender this gives me on demand damage and with PvP trinket Nerf allows me always line my MB with Trinket and usually 3 Orb DP, this gives me very high peak damage but doesnt remove my damage when not in my 15 second window,

If i use FDCL, i get all my mastery proces SF doesnt really do much yes it helps but its minimal however this also helps my healing which sometimes i wish i had but with the current state of Healing, the choice comes down to Burst or Spikey unbalanced DPS

This choice is oviousley play style vs Comp make up, but would like to know your opinion.

Rated BG:
Depending on map and Makeup i try to use FDCL this allows me to focus assist my Instant Spikes into the kill traget and maintain my dot damage over the heals (VT for dispell safety) but in a map where im forced to guard a node (AB) i tend to use the MB as its a short cooldown for helping me prevent being capped, Sap > Trinket/SpectrialGuise/Fade Macro > MB > Blind keeps them from capping, i have been contemplating geting a 2nd head peice with a gem to reduce Sap/Blind timers but i dont know if thers a gem available for this some help would be apreacted. in addition to this the Mindbender is also great for killing FC's as with all enchants proced and on use trinket Mindbender can hit for 50k non crits on a 1sec swing time.

Glyph:
Without using FDCL Mind spike glyph becomes usless, what would your preferance become currently im using InnerFocus/Will Glyph to reduce damage by 6% and improved movment speed (does this stack with Feet enchant?) which is in addition why i dont use Resil/PvP Power Gem in yellow socket

This comes down to all maps excluding AB which is a totally diffrent ball park and reall brings to the table the utiliaty of a Shadow Priest, i would really like to hear you comment of everything for more open choice on spec vs playstyle/camp
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
So the priority stat for PvP is Haste > Mastery > Crit?

Can anyone confirm ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Req
Hey, are you guys sure Haste is better than Mastery?
Mastery seems pretty awesome to me! Like damagin twice !
I'm a noob, so i'm probably talking nonsense. Can someone explain with Haste is better than Mastery?

I tought even Crit was better than Haste lol
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I'm a noob, so i'm probably talking nonsense. Can someone explain with Haste is better than Mastery?

Haste is an amazing stat for several reasons.
1) Reduced cast/channeling time.
2) Reduced DoT duration (more DoT damage).
3) Haste thresholds give DoT's extra ticks (more time to use filler skills).

Haste is a huge stat for us that improves every aspect of DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Haste is an amazing stat for several reasons.
1) Reduced cast/channeling time.
2) Reduced DoT duration (more DoT damage).
3) Haste thresholds give DoT's extra ticks (more time to use filler skills).

Haste is a huge stat for us that improves every aspect of DPS.

Haste also gives you shorter globals too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]