Shadow PvP: WoD Season 3 - Warmongering

(Sticky)

85 Dwarf Priest
Thank you for making the switch to mooncloth nice and simple :) I was also running the dual 2piece bonuses and thanx to this guide I can switch over to 4 piece mooncloth with the least amnt of wasted time/effort.
Reply Quote
02/08/2011 10:29 PMPosted by Gigo
Thank you for making the switch to mooncloth nice and simple :) I was also running the dual 2piece bonuses and thanx to this guide I can switch over to 4 piece mooncloth with the least amnt of wasted time/effort.

Glad to help. Enjoy the amazing 4-Piece Mooncloth bonus.
Reply Quote
Ive got a question about professions and this. I am all for stats and are going for Jewelcrafting and enchanting, for the ring enchants and jewelers gems. I was thinking of doing sta, int and resil individual gems and both the int and sta ring enchants. what do you suggest?
Reply Quote
02/09/2011 6:39 PMPosted by Harsh
Ive got a question about professions and this. I am all for stats and are going for Jewelcrafting and enchanting, for the ring enchants and jewelers gems. I was thinking of doing sta, int and resil individual gems and both the int and sta ring enchants. what do you suggest?

Your Ring enchants will be +40 Intellect no matter what route you choose.

As for the three JC cuts, if you go heavy DPS, do +67 Intellect. If you choose heavy survival, do +67 Resilience gems.

I would recommend the heavy DPS spec mentioned for you. The survival spec I use and mentioned really requires strong teamwork and a player who can manage their mana pool extremely well.

Pros: Massive Intellect which provides excellent Spell Power and Mana.
Cons: Priest easier to focus down.
Helm Enchant: Arcanum of Hyjal
Shoulder Enchant: Greater Inscription of Charged Lodestone
Meta Socket: Ember Shadowspirit Diamond
Red Socket and Prismatic: Brilliant Inferno Ruby
Yellow Socket: Reckless Ember Topaz
Blue Socket (except Gloves): Timeless Demonseye

Best of luck!
Edited by Merrik on 2/9/2011 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
To the top!

Please continue supporting this thread with "Like", "Sticky Request" and replies. This thread is meant as a tool to help our fellow Shadow Priests. I would hate to see it fall into the dark abscesses known as "Page 5 or higher".

Reply Quote
Bumping. Even though its bookmarked on my browser.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
02/10/2011 2:27 PMPosted by Harsh
Bumping. Even though its bookmarked on my browser.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I'm kinda bummed that I have to retire my Vicious Satin Robe/Gloves. I like the new Mooncloth 4 piece set bonus better as compared to the 2pc/2pc sets. Too bad the MC bonus wasn't in effect at the beginning of the season.

I'm going to try this set-up and see how it progresses. Thank you for putting this together!
Reply Quote
Hey Merrik,

I really enjoyed reading your guide I found it very educational. I'm always willing to learn more about playing my class better. Which leads me to ask you for your opinion in regards to my character profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azshara/astarael/advanced

Should you have a chance to look at it I'd really appreciate any feedback you can give and I'm open to constructive criticism as it will only make me a better player.

Right now in Arenas and BG's I'm a beast with 3400 resil and can easily take down many classes but I do have my flaws and still get steamrolled many times over by warriors :[
My main concern is my enchants and gems because I'm positive that I have some incorrect gems slotted into my gear.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I have question.

What shoes enchant should i go?
Between Inner fire vs Inner will which one should I use??
Reply Quote
@Dogtrip,

Are you more focused towards PvP or PvE?
Edited by Astarael on 2/15/2011 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
why is this not stickied yet??
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Thank you very much for posting this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Merrik,

Thanks for a great post,

I've done some calculations to squeeze the hit % down to as close to 4% as possible:

Reforge Spirit -> Haste:
Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Mooncloth Robe (173 spi -> 104 spi)
Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Mooncloth Mantle (138 spi -> 83 spi)

Reforge Mastery -> Spirit:
Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Cuffs of Prowess (119 mas -> 47 spi)

Along with the 119 spi ring, that gives 353 spi. Add 3 Veiled Demonseye in the blue gem slots and you have 413 spirit = 4.03% spell hit
Reply Quote
Hey Merrik,

I really enjoyed reading your guide I found it very educational. I'm always willing to learn more about playing my class better. Which leads me to ask you for your opinion in regards to my character profile:
<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azshara/astarael/advanced">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azshara/astarael/advanced</a>

Should you have a chance to look at it I'd really appreciate any feedback you can give and I'm open to constructive criticism as it will only make me a better player.

Right now in Arenas and BG's I'm a beast with 3400 resil and can easily take down many classes but I do have my flaws and still get steamrolled many times over by warriors :[
My main concern is my enchants and gems because I'm positive that I have some incorrect gems slotted into my gear.

Thanks!

First off, keep in mind this Guide is only meant to help you maximize your character via itemization reinforced by mathematics. I too get rolled by certain Class/Specs but the Guide is not meant for advice on anything but Itemization.

Your first problem is you are too high over the Hit Rating. You need to be as closer to 4.00% as possible, but NEVER underneath.

Secondly your gemming choices confuse me. The only reason you would ever gem pure Haste in a socket (versus Int/Haste) is if was to get you to the next marker for the extra DoT tik. I am sorry, I do not have those mathematics at hand. But basically when you hit certain percentages of +Haste, you get another tik on your DoT spells. And since current itemization is rather low and Shadow Priests have a large amount of Haste via core abilities and talents, reaching the 2nd free tik may be impossible.

Yes, Haste does make the GCD faster (up to .5 seconds of 1.5) but Int still provides more damage than pure Haste.

Anyway I would regem using the first gem spec I listed, altering it if needed based on your current itemization (ie PvE Pants, although those shouldn't make a difference). And to lower your high Hit Rating, replace your...

Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Band of Dominance with Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Band of Cruelty, reforging the Crit into Haste.

You will still be over Hit but not as much. Right now that extra Hit Rating is hurting you by taking away from other stats.

Gemming for "High Damage Spec"
Prologue: Generally used in Arenas. In Two's you have to burn a target quickly, especially running a double DPS team such as Rogue/SPriest, ShadowFrost etc. In Three's you generally run double DPS and one healer, who makes up for your lower defenses. I would label this the best general spec as it is more forgiving when you err than the next "Gem Spec".
Pros: Massive Intellect which provides excellent Spell Power and Mana.
Cons: Priest easier to focus down.
Helm Enchant: Arcanum of Hyjal
Shoulder Enchant: Greater Inscription of Charged Lodestone
Meta Socket: Ember Shadowspirit Diamond
Red Socket and Prismatic: Brilliant Inferno Ruby
Yellow Socket: Reckless Ember Topaz
Blue Socket (except Gloves): Timeless Demonseye

Finally you are missing Helm and Shoulder enchants along with a Belt Buckle. Best of luck to you!
Reply Quote
I have question.

What shoes enchant should i go?
Between Inner fire vs Inner will which one should I use??

Haha, you're question made me go back to find something and I found an error, which I corrected. Thank you!

Enchant your Boots with Enchant Boots - Earthen Vitality.

And which armor you use depends on what you're doing. I switch between them regularly but it is situational.

If I need to burn someone or melee is on me, I use Inner Fire.

If I need to move quick and conserve mana (mostly versus other casters), I use Inner Will.

Again, use them as you seem fit but a good Priest will switch between them as the situation warrants.
Reply Quote
Merrik,

Thanks for a great post,

I've done some calculations to squeeze the hit % down to as close to 4% as possible:

Reforge Spirit -> Haste:

Along with the 119 spi ring, that gives 353 spi. Add 3 Veiled Demonseye in the blue gem slots and you have 413 spirit = 4.03% spell hit

I'm gonna check those numbers myself when I find time. I need to find out what the stat loss and gains are though by socketing like this. Thanks for your help!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
And which armor you use depends on what you're doing. I switch between them regularly but it is situational.

If I need to burn someone or melee is on me, I use Inner Fire.

If I need to move quick and conserve mana (mostly versus other casters), I use Inner Will.

Again, use them as you seem fit but a good Priest will switch between them as the situation warrants.

I sometimes use inner will to kite melee. And taking the inner sanctum talent helps a lot when you are fighting spell casters.

Good guide though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Merrik,

Thanks for a great post,

Reforge Spirit -> Haste:

I'm gonna check those numbers myself when I find time. I need to find out what the stat loss and gains are though by socketing like this. Thanks for your help!

Whoops, I meant to use Purified Demonseye for the blue sockets.

There may be a rounding error since I assume Blizzard rounds reforging to the nearest whole number, but that should only affect the spirit total by +/- 1. Here are the stat differences (assuming the +int/sta blue gems were originally used):

+77 haste
-17 spirit
-60 stamina
Edited by Cylius on 2/22/2011 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]