Shadow PvP: Warlords Season 16

(Sticky)

I'm gonna check those numbers myself when I find time. I need to find out what the stat loss and gains are though by socketing like this. Thanks for your help!

Whoops, I meant to use Purified Demonseye for the blue sockets.

There may be a rounding error since I assume Blizzard rounds reforging to the nearest whole number, but that should only affect the spirit total by +/- 1. Here are the stat differences (assuming the +int/sta blue gems were originally used):

+77 haste
-17 spirit
-60 stamina

I'm gonna buy the 4-Piece Mooncloth Blue set by weeks end and check. I haven't been able to get the numbers that close so I'm not sure about how they round off. It may just display the rounded number but maintaining the actually math to the hundredth.

I am also doing mathematics for an Int set using full Epics. I regemmed for the pure offense spec and with the addition of the 2200 items today, I pulled 8836 Spell Power fully buffed. It was... nice.

Please continue to request a sticky.
Reply Quote
sweet guide, really helping me get into shadow pvp

might be handy to do a gear-up order

like starting from a base of pvp craft gear then going up from there as to which ones you should get first
Reply Quote
Actually I'm working on a Epic set. I cannot justify creating a Crafted Set guide though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
(/bump)

Sono,

When leveling tailoring, the following items need to be created. So if you level tailoring you should have some. Alternatively, you might be able to get them cheap on the AH. If you're casual like I am, they're definitely worth it. I do pretty well in non-rated bgs using them.

Emberfire Shoulders
Emberfire Gloves
Emberfire Belt
Emberfire Boots
Emberfire Bracers

The boots may be skipped when leveling tailoring by creating dreamcloth if the tailor is not in a hurry to get 525, so you may or may not find them in the AH.

There's also fireweave stuff, but it tends to be more expensive to make, so I personally didn't make any. Don't bother with anything that requires 525 tailoring (robe, legs, hat) unless you have money to burn.

As Merrik says, make sure to reforge any master/crit and excess spirit/hit to haste.
Edited by Cylius on 2/24/2011 11:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Good god why is this not stickied yet?
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
bump

Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
03/02/2011 6:19 AMPosted by Eladelul
I prefer double 2 piece over the 4 / 1, you should add that as an option.

The original guide was for double dipping. But most Priests have said they prefer the 4 Piece Mooncloth. And with the removal of double dipping next season, it made sense to have just one guide.

I too use 2/5-3/5 in my gear. But that is mainly due to me investing way too much into my gear by the time they changed Mooncloth's 4-Piece bonus. Next week I'll be in full 2200 itemization, so I'll begin buying the gear needed for 4-Piece Mooncloth, as an option I can switch too.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
From the grave!

Reply Quote
(/bump)

Sono,

When leveling tailoring, the following items need to be created. So if you level tailoring you should have some. Alternatively, you might be able to get them cheap on the AH. If you're casual like I am, they're definitely worth it. I do pretty well in non-rated bgs using them.

Emberfire Shoulders
Emberfire Gloves
Emberfire Belt
Emberfire Boots
Emberfire Bracers

The boots may be skipped when leveling tailoring by creating dreamcloth if the tailor is not in a hurry to get 525, so you may or may not find them in the AH.

There's also fireweave stuff, but it tends to be more expensive to make, so I personally didn't make any. Don't bother with anything that requires 525 tailoring (robe, legs, hat) unless you have money to burn.

As Merrik says, make sure to reforge any master/crit and excess spirit/hit to haste.

yea i had my crafted set built awhile ago, opted for fireweave robe, belt, pants because of the haste on 2 of em and crit over mast on the other

i'm talking more in terms of how you should spend your honor points at first while gearing up to get maximum bang-for-the-buck while running bgs. I opted to get my medallion first because its an additional 301 res + its use. Then i went with shoulders (since i already had the gloves from BH) to get the hit from spirit and 2 piece 400 res bonus. Then got the other trinket for an additional 301 res + spellpower

then i went with cloak for spell pen, rings, and recently got the neck...all because those slots didnt have any res. I dont know whether that was the best path or if i should of got the 4 piece first, but i enjoy the ~30% dmg reduction. The difference is MASSIVE, i was getting ripped apart to begin with, crafted gear made a big difference, and the rest since then has really made it so i can actually kill people. Every once and awhile ill get ripped apart (a certain fury warrior comes to mind, plowed through my like i wasnt even there lol)

so ill be going for the 4 piece now, once i have that i figure i can step into arenas
Reply Quote
So apparently a chicken has to be sacrificed and its entrails read by a witch doctor for a Sticky to happen. Someone find a chicken.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Hey Merrik, if you have a second, could you critique my Priest? Pay no mind to the trinkets, I forget to switch them sometimes. And after reading your guide, I will be reforging into haste, and respeccing into Twisted Faith for hit.

I just want to make sure I make all the right choices from here on in.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
For starters your gear is all over the place as in what stat you have there now will change later (ie PvE Hit Neck will become PvP Haste neck). As long as you pickup the items listed earlier on, you'll be fine when you are done grinding out the Honor.

Until then it is hard to critique you. You are missing multiple enchants and gems all over or have the wrong gems slotted. Just follow the Guide.

As for Specs, you can copy mine I guess. But you also need to alter your Glyphs.

You must have SW:Death, it isn't optional. (PRIME GLYPH)
Also drop Shadow Protection and replace it with Fading. (MINOR GLYPH)

If you need more specifics, please ask. Good luck to you.
Reply Quote
Thanks for your time, I will most likely message you in-game from here on.

-Benediction
Edited by Mageros on 3/7/2011 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Great thread! If you have tailoring should you still enchant greater intellect to your upgraded cloak or go with lightweave embroidery? thanks
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
03/07/2011 4:01 AMPosted by Merrik
So apparently a chicken has to be sacrificed and its entrails read by a witch doctor for a Sticky to happen. Someone find a chicken.

I've reported this post for Sticky like 4 times. As for the chicken thing, heading to KFC right now. That'll do, right? Or shall I find a boomkin?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
When you choose to replace your Bloodthirsty Gladiator's D*!@* of Diffusion with a Vicious Gladiator's D*!@* of Diffusion,
i am amused.
Reply Quote
03/07/2011 2:27 PMPosted by Leemesgee
When you choose to replace your Bloodthirsty Gladiator's D*!@* of Diffusion with a Vicious Gladiator's D*!@* of Diffusion,
i am amused.

The funny thing is the Cloak being censored also has to do with Penetration.

Coincidence?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]