Shadow PvP: Prideful Season 15

(Sticky)

85 Night Elf Death Knight
Is all of the Stats of the first page still up todate with Hit cap, Spell pen, and what not. i don't have time to read though these posts and figure it out on my own so im hopeing someone knows. esspecially for 4.2 would these be efficient numbers
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Have same hit% now that I have Peerless Stats.
Edited by Kardona on 6/26/2011 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What do people think about this gear guide as it applies to a pvp Disc priest?

Thanks all.

I use an almost completely different set of gear for Disc. When I started out it was similar but just cost to much reforging to get all the haste off and then go to Spirit. So now the only pieces I need to reforge is my Helm,Ring,Gloves. And if I choose to I can reforge my helm. Needless to say I'm just reforging about 132 Haste into 132 Spirit and Then reforge my gloves haste into Hit.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Thanks, I figured the main lost to my dps is movement and since most of the fights call for tons of it I need to learn to not fail. Ive been able to hit 25k with my fire totem down and no bl. 19-21k steady. So I think I'm doing better.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I have a confused friend who wants to know why all the guides say 4% hit, but whenever he armories top arena players they have 18% hit, why is this?

Since 1 spirit counts as 1 hit, do you always just reforge/gem spirit instead?

He also claims that when he reforges hit directly into spirit his hit % goes down, is it just not shown?

18% hit is way too much, you only need 4%. Your friend should be reforging the hit/spirit into haste.
Edited by Floormat on 7/4/2011 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Is the consensus still that Mooncloth is the better set than Satin, after the 4.2 release? Excepting the helm, of course?
Edited by Baison on 7/4/2011 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
07/04/2011 12:39 PMPosted by Baison
Is the consensus still that Mooncloth is the better set than Satin, after the 4.2 release? Excepting the helm, of course?

Why wouldn't it be. Mooncloth 4 Piece is way better than Satin 4 Piece. That's the reason we use the Mooncloth set to begin with. The fact that we get spirit is just an added bonus since we have a talent to not let it go to waste.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I'm a bit uncertain about one thing in this guide: why does haste favor over crit?

We only have two damage spells that benefit from haste (three if you count mana burn). Meanwhile, the talent tree has made it perfectly clear that we get benefits from crit in a few places. Our DoTs can crit and we have talents that can directly benefit us when they crit. Our heals are a lot less lacking when they crit, especially when our HoT tends to crit a LOT, meaning we can throw it on and go right back into shadow form.

Plus, MB crits are devastating and Death crits are pretty much the only way we REALLY ensure we get the target down.
So why haste over crit?

All of our spells benefit from haste.DoT spells get extra ticks at 10 and 30% thus more damage. MInd Flay gets extra ticks as well. Getting off spells faster like Mind Spike and Vamp Touch are important.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
07/03/2011 12:36 AMPosted by Iceb
I have a confused friend who wants to know why all the guides say 4% hit, but whenever he armories top arena players they have 18% hit, why is this?

The reason for this is probably that he's looking at their armories while they're in their PvE gear, where 17% hit is the hitcap for raid bosses.

Since 1 spirit counts as 1 hit, do you always just reforge/gem spirit instead?

Yes, because it still gives you the mana regen bonus (I believe this is only out of combat, however).

He also claims that when he reforges hit directly into spirit his hit % goes down, is it just not shown?

This shouldn't be the case, it should be the same.
Edited by Paean on 7/7/2011 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
61 Blood Elf Priest
hey guys i just wanted to say that i love my shadow preist
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
1st of all..nice guide.
seem new patch and new gear has come out...any new shadow priest guide for gear,gem,enchant and stat? does mooncloth still a better 4piece set than satin for the new season 10 (conquest point) ?

*merrik..hope u can give me some guide and take a peek on my character ya
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Just wanted to show my love for this thread. I was definitely lost in the sauce when I started PvPing on this toon (Two weeks ago... This is my first PvP main spec toon). I had a question, though; the Mooncloth 4 pc is always better than Satin? Is that in every case, and is the Satin set bonus even enough to register a significant change in overall damage? I'm asking becuase I would think Satin is better against FC's while mooncloth definitely holds superior in general situations.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Well I been following this guide and I say that mooncloth set bonus is a big help. I don't cast mind blast that often unless its glowing or i just casted 2 or 3 mind spikes..

Also, you can still follow this guide onto season 10 BG gear, The pieces have the same name, so gem and reforge the same as the 2nd part of the guide.

Also, a little strat that Mows people down easy in BGs.

Mind Spike > Mind Spike > Mind Spike > Vampric Touch > Shadow Word: Pain > Devouring Plague > Mind Blast then keep mind flaying till mind blast glows again.

So if you Mindspike 3x, you get the instand mindblast with +90% chance crit, then apply dots and they start ticking. then you can mindblast for some big damage. with the dots ticking after a big hit. its like 9-12 k damage a second(for me) then start mind flaying for more pressure :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I just hit this toon to 85 a couple days ago, and after playing around in BGs decided to primarily PvP as Shadow (SUPER fun in my opinion), my first thought was to come to this sticky to get a general idea for what I need to do.

Much appreciated!! :D
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Thanks for the guide! I just hit 85 yesterday and it's helpful to know what to aim for with gear. I never would've thought to use Mooncloth gear as a SPriest, but I see how it makes sense.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Very late to reply, but

This shouldn't be the case, it should be the same.

The friend must not have taken 2/2 Twisted Faith, which gives you the 1:1 Spirit:Hit.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I am wondering if there is a point when you would want to stop getting haste and start getting more crit, in shadow presence i am right over 20% haste and i have 13% crit, is there a soft cap for haste, or is it always going to be better than crit? thanx for the help
Edited by Healsface on 8/2/2011 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]