Shadow PvP: Warlords Season 16

(Sticky)

We still burst like champs. 35k Mind Blasts make facerolling easy.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/13/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Kardona
We still burst like champs. 35k Mind Blasts make facerolling easy.

try that combined with back to back 30k SH:Ds stacking up 95k damage on someone that's low health as is.

spankyouverymuch? lol
Reply Quote
Was messing around on Chardev and came up with what I'm probably going to gem/enchant and how to maximize gear.

Ended up having only 4.03 hit so that's good. Though I'll mess around with it a bit more.
Reply Quote
So you can either go over hit cap and have 4.03 % hit or you can go under and have 3.99% hit. Other than that I don't see anything that can get closer. To get 3.99 Just reforge your chest and leave the Mediation ring alone.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Is it really worth it to sacrifice the amount of haste you get from the Satin set just for the mooncloth 4 piece bonus?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/06/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Bahram
Is it really worth it to sacrifice the amount of haste you get from the Satin set just for the mooncloth 4 piece bonus?

Reforging is your friend :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Tad confused as to why i should enchant my boots with earthern vitality over +50 haste enchant?
Clarification would be great, fairly new to pvp shadow but getting the hang of it quickly
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
Tad confused as to why i should enchant my boots with earthern vitality over +50 haste enchant?
Clarification would be great, fairly new to pvp shadow but getting the hang of it quickly

Same person ^ (i stuffed up on my helm but ill be getting the conquest satin hood next week, as ill be 50 cp short to get it this week)

I sorta figured out the enchantment issue and have put it down to having a slight advantage over melee that dont have the movement speed increase in terms of getting away/creating space etc. Please correct me if im wrong.

I'm also wondering what would be the best thing to bind the on-use pvp trinket to so it goes off when i use a particular spell, im thinking archangel perhaps? Or is it viable at all to use a trinket from LFR DS for example? a proccing one?
Reply Quote
Don't get the Satin helm get the Satin Shoulders much better. Mooncloth Helm provides Mastery while Satin helm provides haste. Mooncloth Shoulders provide Spirit while Satin shoulders provide haste. You can get enough spirit from the ring/chest and some reforging to negate the spirit on the shoulders completely thus giving you more overall haste because you can reforge the helm's mastery for more haste.

The Earthen Vitality is just that speed increase. No matter what everyone who's anyone will be able to catch you. It's just that much more help when you get slowed somewhat. No matter what the only way you're going to get away is with peels. It also provides a 30stam increase so not a complete waste.

As for binding the trinket. I have mine bound to Archangel as well. This allows for maximum burst damage when I'm going for kills. Granted there are scenario's when you can just use the trinket to give your dots that extra umph. I tend to do that in PvE though. As for the proc trinkets they can be good depending on situation. Rated BGs they tend to be awesome in apparently at high levels. Though there are teams who will get mad if you're breaking CC constantly with it lol.

As for Satin vs Mooncloth. The 4 piece for Satin is useless. You don't get that much more haste from Satin either. Helm and Shoulders are the only pieces that have haste. Swap the shoulders with your mooncloth and now you have Gloves/Shoulders with haste. And as the Priest above said. Reforging is your friend.
Edited by Kardona on 2/15/2012 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
RIP Merrik. :(
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Burial
RIP Merrik. :(

Like For real for real? Or Just because he doesn't play anymore?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
03/02/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Kardona
Like For real for real? Or Just because he doesn't play anymore?

Haha, I'm pretty sure he just quit. Sorry for my poor choice of words.
Reply Quote
LoL I tried googling it and everything lol.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
03/07/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Kardona
LoL I tried googling it and everything lol.

rofl

<3 this guide
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I wish there was an option to turn off certain sounds like the Mind Flay sound, and also to rid of the numbers that pop up when Vampiric Embrace is on, I tend not to use that just because I dont like seeing numbers non stop all over the screen when I am killing mobs in dungeons...
Reply Quote
So yeah 35k Mind Blasts are a thing of the past. Line up your buffs and you'll crit 60k+ on players. Landed a few 120k's on Target Dummies in full PvP gear.
Reply Quote
All posts after this are 5.0.4 relevant.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
/waaah

Gotta replace all the mooncloth with satin now. And gem & enchant. Back to BGs I go. Blargh.

Well actually you gave me something to do next week on vacation! k all is well.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
08/29/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Merrik

Hey,

The new guide is quite good. I might suggest writing a short description on each talent tier and the possible applications of each individual talent. Glyphs would be good too.
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Emilei

Hey,

The new guide is quite good. I might suggest writing a short description on each talent tier and the possible applications of each individual talent. Glyphs would be good too.

Yup, I'll be writing that today after work. Post #2 is already reserved for that. It will also explain the new stat "PvP Power", why people all have a baseline 40% Resilience and more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]