Alliance TB farming failures...

85 Human Hunter
So i just got out of TB once again another loss..so i decided to hit the /who option just for @*@%s and grins and see how many alliance were actually in the area..41...we had 25 in the attacking raid group...so thats 16 spots you wasted for people who actually are trying to win this battle ground and 16 more horde that were allowed into the field..so the next time someone says in /2..aww we were outnumbered..this isn't fair..there is part of your problem..so for you TB farming failures when the battle starts up kill horde or get the hell out..

/edit..just so you know im talking about you ore and herb farming folks..that are more than likely the ones talking crap in trade about how we never have TB for your extra dialies
Edited by Ironsack on 1/29/2011 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
They're not letting herbs and ore spawn during TB battles with upcoming patch. :P Also, no such thing as outnumbered in TB unless a crapton of people drop out of the raid group.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
we do have quite a bit of people who join and drop
Edited by Ironsack on 1/29/2011 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/29/2011 10:00 AMPosted by Ironsack
we do have a quite a bit of people who join and drop

I don't think Blizzard can patch stupidity.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
01/29/2011 2:53 PMPosted by Detail

I don't think Blizzard can patch stupidity.

Hasn't stopped them from trying.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/29/2011 5:08 PMPosted by Delpernies
I hear TB is srs bizniz...

Confirm/deny ?

No comment! Please, cameras out of my face! Let me through!
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
When you slash who Tol Barad. Make sure you distinguish between Tol Barad and Tol Barad Peninsula.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
01/29/2011 9:08 AMPosted by Ironsack
So i just got out of TB once again another loss..so i decided to hit the /who option just for @*@%s and grins and see how many alliance were actually in the area..41...we had 25 in the attacking raid group...so thats 16 spots you wasted for people who actually are trying to win this battle ground and 16 more horde that were allowed into the field..so the next time someone says in /2..aww we were outnumbered..this isn't fair..there is part of your problem..so for you TB farming failures when the battle starts up kill horde or get the hell out..

/edit..just so you know im talking about you ore and herb farming folks..that are more than likely the ones talking crap in trade about how we never have TB for your extra dialies

Unless they patched it finally, thats not quite how the glitch works. If 20 alliance que up, and 10 drop from the raid, it consideres them out of the battle (just doesn't remove them) and lets 10 more alliance zone in, same if the horde does it. Both sides are horribly guilty of abusing this. If blizard already patched THAT exploit, kudo's to them, but yes its a problem and I wouldn't blame the people who herb/mine farm there. At least those don't have phases to get lost in in every other zone in Cata
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
01/29/2011 11:08 PMPosted by Watsfordiner
When you slash who Tol Barad. Make sure you distinguish between Tol Barad and Tol Barad Peninsula.

i did count the ones just in Tol Barad i know the ones on the peninsula are the people doing dailies. i'm glad they are going to de-spawn ore and herbs during battle like has been said in threads else where, not only that they should deport any player not in the fighting group out of the area to the peninsula like in wintersgrasp.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
01/30/2011 7:44 AMPosted by Ironsack

i did count the ones just in Tol Barad i know the ones on the peninsula are the people doing dailies. i'm glad they are going to de-spawn ore and herbs during battle like has been said in threads else where, not only that they should deport any player not in the fighting group out of the area to the peninsula like in wintersgrasp.

Unless it's charged in the last week, people not in the raid group shouldn't be in the pvp section. If you click not accept on the join battle it ports you to the peninsula. If you aren't in the group during the battle after 10 seconds it'd typically port you out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
i dunno about the whole porting thing but im going to check again today a couple of times and see what i come up with numbers wise. and ill post more specifically how many were in each area TB/peninsula and how many were in our raid grp
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
01/27/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Bashiok
it is a exploit, if you leave raid while TB is going on you do not get ported out and it lets an additional person in.

It doesn't actually work. The balance of factions is not dependant on if you’re in a raid or not. It's a mis-perception based on the inability to see the opposing team's numbers. What’s happening is that you can leave a raid, remain in Tol Barad, and because your old raid may pick up an additional player from the queue there’s an assumption that your side is getting more players. In fact the other side is keeping up and also getting additional players. We’ve verified across a number of realms that faction balance remains equal, even in cases where we found people actively attempting to use this to outnumber the opposing team. They weren't.

We keep a close eye on Tol Barad faction balance and turnover.

^ Answered it all pretty well.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What Ziv said... we can only be outnumbered if we're actually outnumbered! Being in groups or not doesn't make any difference.

If we're losing TB because there's a ton of folks farming, then getting rid of the nodes during the battle is a good thing. I don't heal my ass off so people can mine...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]