Engineering 1-525 rough cost?

I've been thinking about levelign engineering for the goggles since there pro. Any ideas on the rough cost from 1-525, i have enough gold probably.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
A *lot*, and possibly gold alone won't be enough. The problem you may encounter is a shortage of mats - people just aren't mining much Fel Iron these days, among other things.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
15k easy
Reply Quote
We have a TON of Fel Iron on our server that people put up on Neutral AH. So that might not be a problem.
We have no mithril sadly
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
on a good day, its about 4k to 350 then the push to cap is a good 11k, if not more.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Took me about 35k total to get to 525 granted I'm on a low pop server and the allys outnumber horde 2 to 1 so low level mats are few and far between
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
FoE
Depends on the server mostly, and it can vary wildly from one to another. However, above posters are correct in that you can expect to pay at least 15k. Luckily, if youre willing to put some time into it, shaving several thousand gold off that price wouldnt be too hard.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I'm around 500 right now.. Been doing it every xpac... Must be around 30k now.
But if you do it today, it'll cost around 15-20k.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Cost me about 4k, but I mined my own mats. I only bought what I was too lazy to go farm... mostly low level mats.
Edited by Tihra on 1/31/2011 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It was 5k from 450 to 525, and I'm an alchemist, so I stocked up on transmuted Air from life at a fourth of the cost.

I think it was 1k and 5 hours of ore farming back in BC when I went 1-375.

And there's nothing engineering can do to make that money back.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
It cost me around $6k or so, although making the helm was another $1k or so on top of that.

Keep in mind that the materials cost will vary wildly depending on your server. Also, the various Engineering leveling guides out there aren't necessarily very accurate. For example, on my server Volatile Air is worth about 5 times what other Volatiles are worth (and are enormously harder to farm). So minimizing the use of Volatile Air will save you substantial gold.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
these estimates are way off, at least for my server. I PL'd my engineering from 1 - 525 in about 3 hours. I pre purchased ALL the mats from the list of materials I would need to level and in the end, I spend just shy of 9k gold. My advice, if a particular mat on the AH is way overpriced, just wait a day or two and it will always be replaced with one that is reasonable. I only started leveling once I had all my mat's ready to go.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
1-325 cost me 1k gold.

I'll probably need another 8-9k gold for 525 right?
Reply Quote
Eh, I dont think I spent more than 4k (not even sure if it was that much) buying mats to power lvl my engineering from 1-525 a few weeks ago. Your servers economic power house will be a factor in how much you spend. I was surprised at how much it didnt cost me.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
to be honest...the fel iron bar was the problem. This part where everything needed fel iron bar grabbed all my money
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
i did it in 2days 1-525 cost about 12-15k but i also am 525 jc so that helped and was 525 mining till i switched to eng and had alot of leftover ores but i use this free guide site for all my prof lvling no adds no signups . http://www.wow-professions.com/
Edited by Deathslaves on 2/12/2011 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
We have a TON of Fel Iron on our server that people put up on Neutral AH. So that might not be a problem.
We have no mithril sadly

Mithril is stupid easy to get now. It's all over the place in EPL.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]