Running WoW through the Steam Client?

(Locked)

100 Tauren Paladin
Is it against any terms of service to run WoW through the Steam Client?

In the Steam Client, you are able to add programs that are not Steam games to your library. Running a game through the Steam Client allows you access to your Steam Account when you play by using SHIFT+Tab, which lets me chat with other Steam users and lets me use a Web-Browser in game. It does not give me any advantages over any other player in terms of gameplay.

I was wondering if this is valid. Thank you for your help.
90 Troll Hunter
Was unaware this was even possible.

I guess I'm also interested.
25 Night Elf Druid
Unsupported, but fine.

37 Tauren Hunter
The steam overlay is a seperate program that runs in the background, seperate from wow. The steam overlay is not really different from alt-tabbing or holding your push to talk button when you use vent or mumble
Blizzard Employee
02/01/2011 4:53 PMPosted by Cornu
I was wondering if this is valid. Thank you for your help.
It would be considered unsupported and we would not be able to troubleshoot any issues that may arise from using steam, Cornu.
90 Orc Shaman
02/01/2011 5:02 PMPosted by Ranui
The steam overlay is a seperate program that runs in the background, seperate from wow. The steam overlay is not really different from alt-tabbing or holding your push to talk button when you use vent or mumble

^
To Blizzard it's not really any different than using Vent at the same time as WOW. They just don't support it, meaning they won't help you troubleshoot it if it doesn't work, just like they won't help you with Vent.
71 Troll Druid
I got steam too, woo! I use WoW in steam, no problem at all, I can take screenshots easier though.
While your post is helpful Droove this thread is nearly a year old, so it's doubtful the OP is still around watching it. Please don't necro old threads :)
Community Manager
01/21/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Terzhul
While your post is helpful Droove this thread is nearly a year old, so it's doubtful the OP is still around watching it.

This! Please remember to double check the date of a post before responding to it.

Locking this to avoid further bump-age.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]