Fury PVP WHAT?

90 Worgen Warrior
I am a 5 yr arms veteran. I actually love the spec i stuck with it thru some of the more, lets say hard times. I changed over to fury pvp spec Tonight. I wanted to get used to it because the mobility and dmg issues with arms after the patch.
I am 100% satisfied. I am doing more burst dmg and am keeping mobility with Heroic Fury. It was a big step and hard to get used to but if you have the gold to respec I would suggest just try it. Try a good pvp fury spec. Its amazing what you can do. Plus the buffs the fury tree is getting in 4.0.6 is not so shabby. I do have one question tho. I am sure the hit cap for pvp is 5%. Should i drop all my gear hit and reforge crit down to 5% from 10% hit because my fury spec is only gonna be for pvp, i tank pve. Would that be viable?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I'm in the same spot as you mate, played arms for around 3 years, even pve'd as it, and thou all my rage quits and rerolling alts I always found arms fun and viable... after reading the patch notes I gave fury a go and havnt looked back, my arms spec is collecting dust atm, :(.

On to your question, from searching alot of high rated wars I can see expertice to 16/16, and hit 9% in game being the min requirements. Hopefully higher rated more math savy wars can help you out :P
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
While I'm all about Fury pvp, I am getting a little tired of these threads.

"I was Arms but it got nerfed, I switched to fury and WOAH it does stuff that arms doesn't and vice-versa."

Who would have thought?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
8-9% Hit, 14-16 Expertise and your good to go
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I am sure the hit cap for pvp is 5%. Should i drop all my gear hit and reforge crit down to 5% from 10% hit because my fury spec is only gonna be for pvp, i tank pve. Would that be viable?

Start stacking mastery and hit. Especially if you're TG.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Veteran Tip: macro deathwish, recklessness and your trinkets together in one keybind. Pop that and zerker rage at the same time, hit colossus smash followed up by a raging blow = win. Ive hit players for over 60k damage using this method.
Reply Quote
So a Fury warrior went into a random BG and proceeded to mow down random players with little resilience who were not benefitting much from support classes / healers, and felt that it was good.

Who would have thought???
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
A lot of people are under the understanding that all you do as fury is stack Mastery and you'll 1 shot everybody and everything. Yeah sure during cooldowns you'll have insane damage, but if you don't have a decent amount of hit crit and expertise you're going to be near useless to your team until you have CDs up again. Arena play isn't the same as dueling or BG play.

You don't need to stack Mastery to destroy people during CDs, unless you're popping CDs when they're at 100% health you're still going to get 30k+ hits during your CD phase and kill them.

1 more thing, Raging Blow damage is !#%! without a CS or CDs up, unless you're in an excess of rage, use the rage on HS/BT until CS or your CDs are up.

Random BGs don't mean anything, I went in a BG solo earlier this week and went 38-0 with top healing and damage without seeing one geared player to even pose a challenge, most people in BGs are just trying to gear up. I hardly ever see more than 1-2 players decently geared in BGs, most of the time geared players don't do BGs because they have no use except for mindless fun for them.

I would say 12%+ hit is good for pvp to get steady rage generation (Precision doesn't count in your hit on armory for some reason) and with 16 expertise caster and healer classes won't dodge you. Crit is great as well but having a steady rage generation is the most important part. I only have 9.61 mastery and I still get 30k MH 15k OH Raging Blow hits.

Also when you get higher up you actually have to time your cds because smart players will either Shiv or Soothe your Death Wish and enraged effects off.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
been playing fury since cata release and IMO mastery stacking is key (atm) with dmg buffs next patch this may change and you might have more room to move with crit or w/e your poison is.

personally im geared for a burst setup - force cds with good cc and pressure early in a match and save cds till you can get a intercept with 100 rage, drop 100k into your target in that stun even vs higher resil people its quite effective

your one bane as fury is a good frost mage, especially if their accompanied by a good shadowpreist or rogue
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/02/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Syljin
Veteran Tip: macro deathwish, recklessness and your trinkets together in one keybind. Pop that and zerker rage at the same time, hit colossus smash followed up by a raging blow = win. Ive hit players for over 60k damage using this method.

You don't need zerker rage in there. Deathwish already counts as an enrage for raging blow.
Reply Quote
62 Orc Warrior
Swapped from Arms to Fury and even in my level range the difference has been very noticeable. I've loved Arms since day one, but I think Fury has finally charmed me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
02/02/2011 5:49 PMPosted by Sull
been playing fury since cata release and IMO mastery stacking is key (atm) with dmg buffs next patch this may change and you might have more room to move with crit or w/e your poison is.

personally im geared for a burst setup - force cds with good cc and pressure early in a match and save cds till you can get a intercept with 100 rage, drop 100k into your target in that stun even vs higher resil people its quite effective

your one bane as fury is a good frost mage, especially if their accompanied by a good shadowpreist or rogue

I know this works fine in 2s as I've globaled people in one intercept stun before even without mastery stacking, but what about in 3s and 5s where it matters and people actually try to cc more?

Personally when we fight other fury warriors it's so easy to counter burst, we see rage pooling and I have my druid start spamming soothe and when we see reck we either disarm, shield wall, kite, Ice Block, or stun and use the 20% increased damage against them.

I just don't see stacking something to only be good once every 4 minutes when any team with a brain and the SpellAlerter addon can counter those CDs with extreme ease. We never get hit by a Fury for more than one reck charge, and never get hit by Raging Blow during that time because of soothe spam unless they just got lucky in between a cast. This will become even easier next patch with Soothe being instant, a druid or a rogue can stay on a mastery stacker the whole time and make you completely useless because you'll never get a raging blow off due to shiv/soothe spam. I understand that this hardly ever happens because the majority of rogues and druids have no idea their spells even removed enraged effects. I also know that not every team has a rogue or a druid but a lot do.

Granted mastery stacking will work for most fights but it'll get reconized really quick and especially by high rated teams will be countered very easy.

Will mastery stacking work up to 2k? Yeah easily, but I really don't see it getting past 2.2k or 2.3k

The only reason why I see mastery stacking has been successful is because people aren't paying attention to when the fury pops CDs, they don't know that soothe/shiv removes an enrage effect, or they leave the fury alone to pop cds and blow a team mate up. For any team to ignore a fury warrior until CDs are down is beyond me but I can assure you that a fury will most likely start becoming #1 kill priority next patch.

There is no way that somebody stacking only mastery can apply enough pressure in 3s to make somebody blow a CD when you only have 1 ability that hits hard every 6 seconds.
Edited by Buez on 2/2/2011 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
or you can use cc yourselves and setup your burst properly, i will be playing treesg as fury as soon as a find a DK and do not expect shiv spam to be an issue. the pressure put out in the first 20s by a dk popping cds means i wont HAVE to use mine untill after the enemies peelers have used trinkets / cds. a cyclone on the rogue as i pop cds, 3 globals + the dks dmg should be an easy kill setup.

post patch even more-so as the dk will be near un-peelable and will have an easy time forcing enemy cds

if you want sustained pressure just go arms really, thats what the dk is for.. fury will be second best at constant pressure regardless of gems / chants. i play towards the spec strong point, controlled and massive burst.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
#1 kill or #1 cc.. with soothe spamming you'll see how fury will go down the drain in high arena. Having good BT damage + Good Slam Damage on proc + *@%!ty HS damage while rage pooling is not even close to enough

Arms will still be better even when the nerf is just plain stupid
Edited by Prometheon on 2/2/2011 7:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
i would very much like to see this soothe spam

currently im playing fury at around 2350 mmr and have not once been soothed while going for a kill. what your not understanding is if set up properly YOU CANT SOOTHE ME. is this hypothetical druid going to soothe (casted and pummelable) my enrages while in an intercept stun. after the stun is over and hes on 10% hp is he going to cast a 1.5s soothe on me while he has no hots running? or is he strangulated / mindfrozen / pummeled while his rogue is cycloned full duration because he trinketed my undispellable fear.

i know its all hearsay on paper but the point is, its not going to be as simple as removing my enrage instantly UNLESS by some miracle the opposing team has a hunter (lol). i havent seen a hunter once in arena all season, i think they all gave up and started farming up rated bg rating for points...
Reply Quote

What?

02/02/2011 7:23 PMPosted by Sull
i would very much like to see this soothe spam

currently im playing fury at around 2350 mmr and have not once been soothed while going for a kill. what your not understanding is if set up properly YOU CANT SOOTHE ME. is this hypothetical druid going to soothe (casted and pummelable) my enrages while in an intercept stun. after the stun is over and hes on 10% hp is he going to cast a 1.5s soothe on me while he has no hots running? or is he strangulated / mindfrozen / pummeled while his rogue is cycloned full duration because he trinketed my undispellable fear.

i know its all hearsay on paper but the point is, its not going to be as simple as removing my enrage instantly UNLESS by some miracle the opposing team has a hunter (lol). i havent seen a hunter once in arena all season, i think they all gave up and started farming up rated bg rating for points...

Soothe is instant cast next patch.
Edited by Óne on 2/2/2011 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]