2200 Rating Weapon Availability* Updated 2/22

85 Blood Elf Mage
01/25/2011 10:46 AMPosted by Daxxarri
As previously announced ([url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1567814533?page=1[/url]), Conquest items requiring 2200 rating were made available today, January 25, with the exception of weapons. We plan to make the 2200 weapons available approximately two weeks after the release of patch 4.0.6.

The decision to further delay availability of weapons requiring 2200 rating was not made lightly. Currently very few guilds are clearing PvE content that drops weapons of this caliber, which would make rated Battlegrounds and Arenas the primary source for top-tier weapons. We of course don’t want players who are pursuing PvE content to feel as though they must engage in heavy PvP to obtain these weapons in order to be competitive or successful.

We do have some plans to help avoid similar situations in the future, and we’ll share more details when they become available.

So you're disabling 372 PvE weapons in arenas and rated BGs then, right?

Oh, wait, no, they're still allowed, so PvP players will be subjected to PvE gear, but PvE gear can't be subjected to PvP gear... awesome.
85 Goblin Warrior
This is the exact reason why I always end up quitting this game. Blizzard has always cared about their little dungeons and dragons over PvP.

I wonder how many subs they will lose this time, not like they care or will change their decision in anyway because of it.
85 Human Paladin
Is it April 1st?? No??

/spit
85 Human Warrior
PUG
So pretty much two weeks after the patch that caused my 3s team to find a different class to play with because the patch makes me obsolete. GG.

How can you in your right mind go through with these changes without even touching frost mages? How did we get from your stated intentions to killing any thought of balance? Why have there not been any changes to the patch notes whatsoever despite the feedback on the PTR on how it would ruin balance and gameplay?

Please bring the bug fixes from the ptr live, we welcome them. PTR class changes need MUCH more work to even be ready for a live launch without unintended (or are they?) consequences. Please at least let me have a chance at the weapons before you make it impossible for me.
85 Undead Mage
This is incredibly upsetting Blizzard, and there is no real justified reason for this delay. They were already pushed back to today's date, which we were all eagerly anticipating (those of us that could purchase them), and now they're being pushed back even farther. Great.
85 Dwarf Warlock
In order to be the best...

TBC: Warglaives

Wrath: Shadowmourne

Cata: PvP...o w8
85 Dwarf Shaman
01/25/2011 11:05 AMPosted by Majin
This is obvisiously a hatecrime.

It's because I'm #!#*ing short isn't it.
Edited by Zinglah on 1/25/2011 11:14 AM PST
85 Dwarf Shaman
/sad face
Simple, make the 2200 PVP weapons unusable in raiding content... Just create a zone restriction or something. Can't be that hard.. I do not look forward to waiting two months.
21 Orc Warrior
01/25/2011 10:46 AMPosted by Daxxarri
As previously announced ([url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1567814533?page=1[/url]), Conquest items requiring 2200 rating were made available today, January 25, with the exception of weapons. We plan to make the 2200 weapons available approximately two weeks after the release of patch 4.0.6.

The decision to further delay availability of weapons requiring 2200 rating was not made lightly. Currently very few guilds are clearing PvE content that drops weapons of this caliber, which would make rated Battlegrounds and Arenas the primary source for top-tier weapons. We of course don’t want players who are pursuing PvE content to feel as though they must engage in heavy PvP to obtain these weapons in order to be competitive or successful.

We do have some plans to help avoid similar situations in the future, and we’ll share more details when they become available.

DBW says Hi
85 Orc Warrior
Cant wait to see the Heroic Weapons getting used against me in arena while we dont have our Teir 2. This is just outright sad..... i dont PVE so no point playing this game..... WHY BLIZZ???
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]