2200 Rating Weapon Availability* Updated 2/22

85 Orc Death Knight
It's not even the best
the 1st boss in some raids heroic drops THE SAME LVL ITEM THAT CAN ALSO BE USED IN PVP
90 Human Warlock
WotLK : pve advantages to pvp (solace,dbw,dfo,pylactery,halion trinks,grim toll,etc,etc) throw in some shadowmourne and valanyr.

Actions Taken: NOTHING LOL
Edited by Inflàmez on 1/25/2011 11:13 AM PST
85 Troll Druid
01/25/2011 10:46 AMPosted by Daxxarri
The decision to further delay availability of weapons requiring 2200 rating was not made lightly. Currently very few guilds are clearing PvE content that drops weapons of this caliber, which would make rated Battlegrounds and Arenas the primary source for top-tier weapons. We of course don’t want players who are pursuing PvE content to feel as though they must engage in heavy PvP to obtain these weapons in order to be competitive or successful.

lmao, pve'ers dont HAVE to do pvp to get top tier items, they can just do pve...but just like pvp they have to be good to get the second tier. it's not as if there are no 372 weapons in the game, there are! if they can't down heroics they're not supposed to have access to 372, wtf? why would arena and rated bgs be primary source? maybe rated bgs b/c they're so easy. If pvpers cannot get 2200, then they don't have access to 2nd tier items, just like in pve! this is ridiculous man
01/25/2011 10:46 AMPosted by Daxxarri
As previously announced ([url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1567814533?page=1[/url]), Conquest items requiring 2200 rating were made available today, January 25, with the exception of weapons. We plan to make the 2200 weapons available approximately two weeks after the release of patch 4.0.6.

The decision to further delay availability of weapons requiring 2200 rating was not made lightly. Currently very few guilds are clearing PvE content that drops weapons of this caliber, which would make rated Battlegrounds and Arenas the primary source for top-tier weapons. We of course don’t want players who are pursuing PvE content to feel as though they must engage in heavy PvP to obtain these weapons in order to be competitive or successful.

We do have some plans to help avoid similar situations in the future, and we’ll share more details when they become available.

who cares if the PvErs are not good enough to kill the content they are supposed to? why should I be punished for this?

I for once ask for my money back (the one I spent to buy cataclysm) and im quitting this stupid game.
23 Human Paladin
01/25/2011 11:12 AMPosted by Gukazul

DBW says Hi
85 Worgen Death Knight
This is a shameless double standard, While arena was POLLUTED (and I don't say this term lightly) with PvE weapons and trinkets for all previous seasons of WoW arena the ONE time that PvP weapons would become available more readily than the PvE equivalents the motion is squashed.

What about herioc bryntroll
What about deathbringers will
What about DFO
What about SHADOWMOURNE

This is unacceptable, you've seriously insulted your pvp playerbase with this action and continue to act as though your actions are properly justifiable.
90 Undead Warlock
Disable heroic PvE weapons in arenas then.
85 Dwarf Shaman
The larger issue is the lack of communication thats been evident since anyone worth a damn (Tigole, Pardo) moved on to Titan. If the weapons were originally intended to be put in 2 weeks after 4.06, then so be it, but you probably want to communicate that information before the date you issued. In reality, anyone who has played WoW for enough (or worked with the company) knows that this likely wasn't the case, and that it was far more likely that putting in the weapons was forgotten. The mere fact that this was posted today in addition to the fact that you are claiming that "2200 Conquest [non-weapon] items were put in today" confirms this.

85 Undead Mage
I am one to rarely disparage Blizzard, but I really feel the message being sent here is that my subscription as someone who pvps and does not pve much is worth less than someone who pves and does not pvp much.

I pay the same 15 dollars a month. This sort of behavior clearly distinguishes which are first and second class citizens. Why is my money worth less than theirs?
85 Human Hunter
Heh PVE in PVP is okay

PVP IN PVE? OH NO
23 Human Paladin
I blame RBGs for this. 2400 rating in RBGs is like 1200 rating in nearly any arena bracket.
- World of Warcraft
85 Human Paladin
Here is what really frustrates me, now I as a full time PVP'er feel pressured to raid in order to compete, because the only source of 272 weapons for the forseeable future is raiding. So blizzard if you are really so concerned about pressuring people to play outside of their desired aspect of the game, why dont you remove the 272 weapons from raiding as well until you release the 2200 weapons?? Why is it ok for raiders to be running around with them but not PVP'ers??
85 Orc Warrior
in my best Kanye impression:

"Blizzard dosnt care about PVP people"

*Mike Meyers Looking shocked in the backround.*
85 Gnome Warrior
Simple solution: raise the rating requirements to be on par with the top PVE guilds.

The service you have provided this expansion has been utterly atrocious compared to your previous level. I have played every single game you have ever made and I have a lot of faith in Blizzard but seriously, get your act together. It's embarrassing.
85 Orc Death Knight
Another blue post would be nice, give us a nice explaination to why you're bonning us blizz

what

why not?

OH BECAUSE YOU'RE COMPLETELY WRONG ON THIS SUBJECT GG BLIZZ
2 weeks after 4.0.6.

that is laughable, seriously, You're saying you want PvErs to have heroics on farm so they can PvP their faces off with the advantage of t2 leveled weapons

HELL we don't even have t2 lvl armor
or trinkets
and they do

H crushing wieght is better than 2 of the random proc trinkets
wow
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]