Ridiculous Mana cost...

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think your people at blizzard should cut the mana cost on most of paladins healing spells, 7k mana for 1 heal that heals for a lot when other classes like priests and druids use almost 0 mana for their good spells. The only thing you can spam without burning your mana is holy light and holy shock. Please consider changing this or making the spells a little more affordable for paladin mana!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Druids
Healing Touch - 30% of base mana
Regrowth - 35% of base mana

Priests
Greater Heal - 27% of base mana
Flash Heal - 28% of base mana

Shaman
Greater Healing Wave - 30% of base mana
Healing Surge - 27% of base mana

Yep, virtually no mana
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
We're the only class who can heal for 0 mana frequently at times.

Word of Glory.
Light of Dawn.
Beacon of Light.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
clearly the most efficient healers in the game are too inefficient.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
the 'new' blizz stance is that 'mana should matter' for healers. I know, it's weird.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/26/2011 3:10 PMPosted by Kurruptiion
I think your people at blizzard should cut the mana cost on most of paladins healing spells, 7k mana for 1 heal that heals for a lot when other classes like priests and druids use almost 0 mana for their good spells. The only thing you can spam without burning your mana is holy light and holy shock. Please consider changing this or making the spells a little more affordable for paladin mana!

Overall I don't mind so much the cost of our spells at the moment - though I do think Flash of Light costs a little too much.

I would like to see holy light be quicker however. Even with all my haste gear, I find it often times is just far too slow for it to be worth the risk to cast, especially since this spell was nerfed and no longer grants holy power with tower of radiance.

Holy Light needs a buff of some kind i think.
Edited by Brotherdale on 1/26/2011 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just make all your gems +Mp5s that'll fix it
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/26/2011 3:55 PMPosted by Paintrainwoo
Just make all your gems +Mp5s that'll fix it

nice trolling on mp5.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Overall I don't mind so much the cost of our spells at the moment - though I do think Flash of Light costs a little too much.

I would like to see holy light be quicker however. Even with all my haste gear, I find it often times is just far too slow for it to be worth the risk to cast, especially since this spell was nerfed and no longer grants holy power with tower of radiance.

Holy Light needs a buff of some kind i think.

No Cata raiding experience. I'm sorry, but you don't know how valuable Holy Light is in the raiding environment. Heroics are a completely different story, boss fights last 2 minutes, not 6-10 minutes, so you can afford to use Divine Light the entire time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/27/2011 2:16 AMPosted by Lightstormy
nice trolling on mp5.

Well... I thought the OP was trolling.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Use judgement much?
No rly IDK what you're doing but evidently you're doing it wrong:

Meditation Passive
    Allows 50% of your mana regeneration from Spirit to continue while in combat

Judgements of the Wise Passive
    Your Judgement grants you 30% of your base mana over 10 sec.

Judgements of the Bold Passive
    Your Judgement grants you 25% of your base mana over 10 sec.

Not to include all the things that give you Holy Power. Sorry if I sounded like a jerk. Didnt mean to...
Reply Quote
Try this then:

Seal of Insight
14% of base mana
Fills the Paladin with divine power for 30 min, giving each single-target melee attack a chance to heal the Paladin for (0.15 * AP.15 * holy power) and restore 4% of the paladin's base mana. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will deal (1 + 0.25 * holy power.16 * AP) Holy damage to an enemy and restore 15% of the Paladin's base mana.

Base mana is about 23K, so that's a return of ~3.5K per judgement. Nothing stunning, but a nice return over the course of a longer fight. Add in the efficiency of Holy Shock + WoG healing and paladins are really efficient healers (resulting in nerfs incoming).

I was sceptical about this during beta, because of the lack of efficiency or regen talents such as the ones priests have after they removed Illumination, but it's turned out that being able to throw so many zero-mana heals has more than compensated for that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I think some players just don't understand that Cata IS NOT wrath. We're not supposed to just spam heals anymore. We have to look at the situation and pick the best spell for that moment. The high mana cost is to make you think and keep us from spamming FoL and HR on everything and not throwing in our HP heals. You can do alot with shocks and HL as long as uber damage isn't coming in. Use your low cost heals judge often to regen, when dmg starts rolling in you can use your HP spells depending on the situation or throw a few more expensive spells around then go back to HP heals and low cost ones. I'm not the best player in the world and I'm not that geared but I've downed some bosses. In most of my raids I'm doing like 9-13k hps depending on the fight. I'm usually 2-4k above other similarly geared non paladin healers. So they have it worse off then we do if you're playing well. Fights with more movement or spacing where I can't use HR & LoD as effectively my hps drops alot obviously. Paladins are probably the best heals right now. so now I'm just rambling so I'll go ahead and shut up.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/27/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Sharrow
Try this then:

Seal of Insight
14% of base mana
Fills the Paladin with divine power for 30 min, giving each single-target melee attack a chance to heal the Paladin for (0.15 * AP.15 * holy power) and restore 4% of the paladin's base mana. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will deal (1 + 0.25 * holy power.16 * AP) Holy damage to an enemy and restore 15% of the Paladin's base mana.

Base mana is about 23K, so that's a return of ~3.5K per judgement. Nothing stunning, but a nice return over the course of a longer fight. Add in the efficiency of Holy Shock + WoG healing and paladins are really efficient healers (resulting in nerfs incoming).

I was sceptical about this during beta, because of the lack of efficiency or regen talents such as the ones priests have after they removed Illumination, but it's turned out that being able to throw so many zero-mana heals has more than compensated for that.

This. Judge every cooldown.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]