So, you queue for a regular dungeon....

16 Night Elf Druid
And one of the people entering as DPS is a holy pally with the DPS talents taken.

Do you kick it?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
i usually just mouse over them to see the class, i don't inspect everyone's talents. If they're doing DPS below the tank, I may check them. if their DPS is ok, I don't care if they're a resto shammy dual weilding daggers and farting lightning bolts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/26/2011 3:52 PMPosted by Wellwisher
And one of the people entering as DPS is a holy pally with the DPS talents taken.

Do you kick it?

I've done this before, thank God you weren't in the group or I may have been kicked lol

Holy Paladins are quite capable of doing acceptable dps for regular dungeons. I've done it many times, and when your exorcisms are hitting 10k per cast non crit while keeping inquisition up, and the ease in which we can heal ourselves and throw out radiance to take some pressure off a new healer trying to gear up, I don't understand your beef.

I see more potential for effective dps as a Holy Paladin in CATA than I have ever seen before. The talents and glyphs are there for a reason, and I really do think a successful Holy Nuker is possible now, though I haven't explored it in heroics yet.
Edited by Brotherdale on 1/26/2011 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
16 Night Elf Druid
01/26/2011 3:58 PMPosted by Brotherdale
I don't understand your beef.

You are misinterpreting my intent.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I'd let it go for a few pulls... if their dps was comparable to others in the group and they were bringing decent utility, I'd let it slide.

If they were doing 3k dps and making the run go slower than it would if we replaced them... boot for sure.
Reply Quote
I would never cue as dps as a holy paladin. Life is to short! When things were initially tough, I thought of doing this as away of getting a second healer in the mix, but the horrific wait times that dps have to endure kept me from actually following through.

I think this may be a way for lower geared parties to get through dungeons though. You simply outlast the bosses
Edited by Preditorr on 1/26/2011 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't care if they're a resto shammy dual wielding daggers and farting lightning bolts.

As sick as that is; I think I just fell in love with you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anything below 6k dps on single target needs to be drop kicked.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I typically don't even look at anything beyond class and role until after the first boss and even than, only if I suspect something is going on (boss took too long to kill, people being stupid, etc.).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There are only two people I inspect at the start of a run. 1) the tank when I'm healing and 2) the healer when I'm tanking.

I don't care about the dps as long as stuff is dying at a decent rate and people are doing what they are suppose to be doing; dispells, interupts, cc... etc...

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2011 11:26 PMPosted by Wraithsavior
There are only two people I inspect at the start of a run. 1) the tank when I'm healing and 2) the healer when I'm tanking.

I don't care about the dps as long as stuff is dying at a decent rate and people are doing what they are suppose to be doing; dispells, interupts, cc... etc...

Low dps on throngus is a huge headache.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Only time I kick is if someone screws up their important role on a boss fight while pulling subpar dps. Second boss of BRC, third boss of GB, etc.
Reply Quote
I don't waste time inspecting anyone at the beginning. If you deserve the boot or at least a critical eye, I notice after the first pull. Even then, I take it with a grain of salt until the first boss is down. If you're truly bad and are a shockadin, you best not say a word, because I carry quiet people or people who I like. If you pull your weight as a shockadin, you'll at least get off scott free with me.

To be honest, I could care less what you are if I'm healing a regular. You can be a facepulling idiot with three other facepulling idiots and I'll still be yawning through the dungeon. True story, actually.

I might whisper you at the end asking you to respec though.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/26/2011 11:26 PMPosted by Wraithsavior

This. Regular dungeons aren't hard and this is a game.

I'm not going to win some magical prize for "putting people in their place", making people feel bad, or being a jerk. Honestly, I've had more problems with "Starcallers" (who got it when it actually meant something) screwing up trash pulls or breaking CC because they don't feel they need to pay attention to what the hell they're doing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't even inspect people when going into an instance. If we have problems at some point, we'll deal with it then and there. If there aren't, who cares?
Reply Quote
I agree. I don't even think I'd notice their spec unless I first noticed their DPS was subpar after the first few minutes. THEN I'd inspect them. I probably wouldn't even notice otherwise.

Paladin Leveling Guide - http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/pc/articles/101423.aspx
Holy Paladin 101 - http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/pc/articles/103016.aspx
Reply Quote
A regular dungeon?

Assuming they can pull 2k and not get everyone killed no - there's no guarantee the next random dps can meet that low standard.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2011 3:52 PMPosted by Wellwisher

Do you kick it?

The real question is would you notice the dps difference from a ret pally? :P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Regular dungeon? who really cares if they want to dps let them, if they are on par with others thats just great.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]