Rare spawn Hunter pet thread

85 Dwarf Hunter
This thread is to document when certain rare spawns are found - not necessarily by a hunter but by anyone who sees/kills a rare spawn from cataclysm.

This would include pets like Ghostcrawler, Karoma, and the like. Hopefully this will help our KT hunters (both alliance and yes, horde) get those pets they're drooling over.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I'll start it off - I just caught Ghostcrawler at 12:18 am server time in Vash'jir
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Hunter
I've been bad and haven't been marking where I see my rare spawns, but have you heard of SilverDragon? It's a rare spawn scanner/tracker and used to work pretty well, though apparently there are issues with finding rares in dungeons now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The issue here isn't where but WHEN. Given the respawn times involved with rare pets, knowing someone caught a particular rare 2 or 6 hours ago can be useful.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
NPCscan is what I used to catch Skoll a while back. I love that addon. You can also use it to track the camel statues in Uldum.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I used to use NPCscan but switched to SilverDragon after I wiped all my add-ons after cataclysm.

Been camping for Madexx for a few days off and on - i'll be sure to post when I catch him or see him caught.

(Lots of other hunters hanging out)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Put my hunter on sulfuron spire for about an day or so looking for Terrorpene, lots of hunters hanging around. After about a day and a half, I decided to go in a dungeon. When I got out, lo and behold! Terrorpene was right in front of me. ":)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Here you all go PETOPIA! The website for all your pet finding needs, and yes they have got the new Cata pets out there too.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
It's not about finding the spawn points of the pets, friend - it's about finding what *time* they spawned. Still camping Madexx for the last...8 hours or so today. Nothing yet - "lots of hunters hanging out" though :)
Reply Quote
Just Tamed Terrorpene at 3:05am Server Time. Hope that helps someone time him out. Died three times trying, and got him on the fourth w/ a lil help from a druid friend. Good Luck
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Dixiekiss just caught Sambas at 5:42 AM server time
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
wanted to make sure i came on here an reported. at 5:42 am server time today february 6th 2011 Sambas was tamed in the far corner on the little flat clearing to the right of kirthaven.

happy hunting everyone. an remember share your times..so everyone can have these great pets.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Arcturis spawned (at his only point) at 8:55 AM realm time on Monday, February 7.

He is now named Insomnia.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Just caught Sambas at the Northeastern spawn point at 9:50 PM server time on February 8
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
ghost-crawler on Wednesday by a guild-mate, around 8pm. saw Karoma awhile back and had to hand him off to a hunter who was 85. (TT)
Edited by Rotrow on 2/12/2011 12:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Still waiting around for Karoma - I'm going to do two things when I see her:

1. Punch her in the face.

2. Tame her and /dance.

It's 3 AM - g'night KT.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Hunter
I've been after Skoll, for some time now.. Please help me out and let me know when the last time he was seen and where, so i can finally tame that sexy spirit beast!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I tamed mine about 5 months ago, and it took me an entire week of nothing else but camping.

I wish I could help, but what I can do is with you luck.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Hunter
Skoll was spotted and KILLED :( at 8:12 pm st, in bor's breath area.. looks like im out hunting again in the am
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]