Inquisition Timer..

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey all, I am looking for a good Inq timer, I have tried power auras & the CLC mods, but can't get the stupid things set up right. Anyone ahve a better recomendation or know of a way to even set it up properly?
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Paladin
TellMeWhen is pretty good. Can watch all of your CDs, as well. Very easy to set up.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I use need to know, its really easy to set up and can track just about anything,when set up correctly it looks like so...

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/3875/wowscrnshot012811003246.jpg
(Right above grid is the three need to know timers for my cooldowns)

Heres a video Kripparrian made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6IDQ99y92I
it shows you how to set up the bars for ICD's but setting it up,to track inquisition is basically the same, just keep it on buff instead of changing it to internal cooldown.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Keep messing with power auras until you get it to work, its well worth it. I couldn't play without PA at this point.

Just try these settings...

buff
inquisition
use own image
go over to the timers tab, select enable, select aligned bottom
then on the main section set the size and location you want, when to show (combat/resting etc.)
once you are done, be sure to close PA then do a /reload ui

you dont always have to reload ui, but sometimes itll hang up and act goofy if you dont.

actually, if you want i can post the way i have it set up, they have a cool feature where you can export a page, and all it is is a copy paste, i paste it here, you copy it, then past it into the addon in game.
Edited by Gûnn on 1/27/2011 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Satrina Buff Frames is an awesome addon.

It takes a little reading to set it up, but now my pally has a HUGE square right in the middle of the screen with my inquisition timer. I also configured it to play a MURLOC sound when timer is at 5 seconds. Fun and useful.

My DPS was greatly improved by it, i was amazed how much downtime i had with Inquisition...
Edited by Allansia on 1/28/2011 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
@lobine

your scrolling damage numbers give me a headache lol. I like the need to know setup. I may have to get that one.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
sexycooldown is sexy
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hey all, I am looking for a good Inq timer, I have tried power auras & the CLC mods, but can't get the stupid things set up right. Anyone ahve a better recomendation or know of a way to even set it up properly?

If you are using clcinfo there are multiple ways you can do this. Some people prefer having an addon show when you have Inquisition up which would follow along these lines.

If you want an Icon you would click on Icon and Add and if you would want a Bar you would use Bar Add. the following code would go on the behavior tab.

Code for Icon
return IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Inquisition", nil, false, true)

Code for Bar
return BarAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Inqusition", nil, false, true)

My preference is an Icon or Bar showing up when there is less than 10 seconds left on the buff since it's something that should be up as much as possible I'd rather see when it's falling off instead of when it's up so I use this code.

local _, _, _, _, _, dur, exp = UnitBuff("player", "Inquisition", nil, "PLAYER")
if exp then
if (exp - GetTime()) <= 10 then
return true, "Interface\\Icons\\spell_paladin_inquisition", (exp - dur), dur, 1, nil, nil, 0.5
end
else
return true, "Interface\\Icons\\spell_paladin_inquisition"
end

What it does is display the icon/bar when 10 seconds or less is on Inquisition which tells me refresh @ 3 seconds or less.

Now clcret on the other hand under the behavior tab at the bottom is a check mark to enable Inquisition and then you can move the slider to warn based on time left.

Obviously there are tons of other addons that can track buffs but there is no real reason to use multiple addons for it when one can do it all.

You can see on my UI that the bottom left hand side under the Hand of Light proc is my Inquisition timer counting down.

http://www.mywowui.net/clcinfo/clcinfopreview4.jpg
Edited by Requital on 1/28/2011 8:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Keep messing with power auras until you get it to work, its well worth it. I couldn't play without PA at this point.

actually, if you want i can post the way i have it set up, they have a cool feature where you can export a page, and all it is is a copy paste, i paste it here, you copy it, then past it into the addon in game.

Gunn, yes if you would please? And Req I'll try that too see which I like better, thanks for the info everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I use Classtimer for almost everything, including Inq.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Gunn, yes if you would please? And Req I'll try that too see which I like better, thanks for the info everyone.

I, too, would like to see your setup, Gûnn. I fired up PA for the first time last night and it's working well for me but I'm sure I can tweak it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I don't really rely on a standalone mod for keeping track. I use Shadowed Unit Frames and have my character and target frames bracket my toon. This acts as a Heads Up Display without using one of those HUD mods (I can't stand them, personally). I also have SexyCooldown and have RSA set up to warn me if Inquisition falls off if need be. Lately I haven't even needed the RSA announcement because I've gotten better at watching my timer. Also, it gets really annoying in between pulls :p
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Classtimer... Just add it as a spell to watch and you're good to go. Ran into the same thing last week.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
CLCinfo is pretty easy to setup. Just create a bar (it won't appear till the proc is active), name it, and click on behavior. Select one of the Default retribution behaviors, and simply change the name in the script to Inquisition.

Get on the training dummy and get your holy power up enough to fire up Inq so the bar appears, and then click on the main setup tab for that bar, and Unlock it. Move it to where you want it, and lock it. Done.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
The mod that is working for me is....Needtoknow

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/need-to-know.aspx

You can track any spell, buff, debuff, or proc just be tryping the name of the item you want to track. Once you have identified what you want to display, all you have to do is place the bar where you want it to appear.

Needtoknow can track just about anything in the game, but i only use it to track Inquisition.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't use Timer for Inquisition awhile ago, It's not that hard to keep track of it between rotations. Just like counting 1-10-20-30 seconds.....
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
http://www.eugee.info/wow/clcret.jpg

That's my CLCInfo (with everything it tracks showing), except change the Hand of Light timer to Divine Purpose.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]