Expansion Upgrade List

90 Night Elf Druid
03/07/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Twinsilly
If this information is considered off topic I apologize.

That's more of a Tech Support issue (which has nothing to do with this guide) and I believe it was fixed a long time ago.
Edited by Icedragon on 3/7/2012 9:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
bumpity
Reply Quote
17 Draenei Shaman
Just to be absolutely clear, I'm playing the starter edition now, so if I want to upgrade I can just buy the basic WoW game, use the code, and I'll have the full game with BC already? No need to buy the battle chest to access that content? (I want to play as a Draenei)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
06/13/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Ryvvan
Just to be absolutely clear, I'm playing the starter edition now, so if I want to upgrade I can just buy the basic WoW game, use the code, and I'll have the full game with BC already? No need to buy the battle chest to access that content? (I want to play as a Draenei)

Basic wow is actually the battle chest now, it will be listed that way in your account so yes buying basic wow will allow you to play a Draenei.
Reply Quote
17 Draenei Shaman
06/13/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Dasffion
Basic wow is actually the battle chest now, it will be listed that way in your account so yes buying basic wow will allow you to play a Draenei.

Thanks, I just had to make sure
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Heads up Ice, on August 28th you won't need Cataclysm to play a Worgen or Goblin anymore and on September 25th you'll be able to roll a Pandaren without Mists of Pandaria.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6994738
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Heads up Ice, on August 28th you won't need Cataclysm to play a Worgen or Goblin anymore and on September 25th you'll be able to roll a Pandaren without Mists of Pandaria.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6994738

Yupper! Saw the announcement today :D I'll update when it goes live.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Wrath of the Lich King is now part of the battle chest. I don't think there's been a blog post yet but Zyhrm tweeted about it and it's in the Blizzard Store.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/19/2012 06:09 AMPosted by Dasffion
Wrath of the Lich King is now part of the battle chest. I don't think there's been a blog post yet but Zyhrm tweeted about it and it's in the Blizzard Store.

I did some poking around to find an official announcement. There wasn't one on this site, but this is what I found on the EU battle.net site:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5945062

A lot of level 70 twinks are going to be in for a rude awakening soon (happened with the level 60's when Vanilla & BC were auto-combined and retroactively upgraded).
Edited by Avanna on 9/19/2012 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Updated for Mists and the new Battlechest change.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Awesome post. So helpful to my friend who is a first time MMO'er and chose WoW as his first. This answered a lot of questions for him that i couldnt answer/find in the Blizzard sites. Ive been a Blizzard lover and user since Lost Vikings and Warcraft 1, so i thought i could explain it to him, but instead ill just send him here. Thanks again!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You might consider adding in Scenarios, Challenge modes and Farming in there Ice. Although I suppose Scenarios and Challenge Modes could be considered level 90 instances.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Dang, I wasted $5 on WotLK during that sale at gamestop a month and a half ago. I spent $20 to be able to upgrade to Cata once I maxed out Starter and would have the time to take full advantage of the base set month. Is there any way to get my $5 back at least as Battle.net account balance or better blizzard store credit towards an authenticator?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Also the secondary professions ARE limited to 100, regarding Starter I can guarantee that for all but fishing as I haven't taken much time to level it yet and as of this post it is my only unmaxed proffesion for my main ChozoWarrior..... would have used Samus or SamusAran but they were sadly already taken on Zangarmarsh.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 07:05 AMPosted by Chozowarrior
Also the secondary professions ARE limited to 100, regarding Starter

Cooking isn't, I just leveled to 101 on a recent trial toon -- it does still say that the level cap has been reached just like with primary professions, but far as I know the secondaries are only limited by gold and level requirements.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Chozowarrior
Is there any way to get my $5 back at least as Battle.net account balance or better blizzard store credit towards an authenticator?

You bought something on sale over a month ago and now you want a refund for it? Sorry, but that's not how it works. When one expansion is rolled into the base game or has a price drop, it's not retroactive in terms of refunds. However it IS retroactive in the sense that everyone gets the new upgrade on the base game for free. For example when Wrath was added to the Battlechest, everyone who had already upgraded to the Battlechest then had Wrath on their account by default.

Hell I still have a Wrath key for ten bucks floating around on my Battle.net account but you don't see me fussing over losing out on a bbq sandwich worth of money for a game. Granted I could really go for a bbq sandwich right now...

And no, secondary professions are not limited on trial accounts. Thanks for the confirmation Drewb!
Edited by Icedragon on 10/1/2012 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I have cooked about a dozen or more orange level recipes since I hit 100 and guess what it is still 100 same goes for first aid, perhaps they "fixed" it between the time Drewb made his Trial Toon and now when I have been building. From what I hear companies sometimes make what they said by mistake true instead of telling people that they made a mistake.

Well back to working on my VM Android Authenticator. I hope I really am on the right track to setting up a google play capable VM THIS time.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Chozowarrior
I have cooked about a dozen or more orange level recipes since I hit 100 and guess what it is still 100 same goes for first aid, perhaps they "fixed" it between the time Drewb made his Trial Toon and now when I have been building.

That's possible, the toon was created at the end of August but it's a very old account, so since the main toon there has maxed professions, it could be working off of older settings that aren't reset with new characters. I might try making a new account just to see what happens, now I'm curious.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It would appear that you can't get skill ups past 100 in secondary professions through use but quest rewarded skill ups will still go in.

I'll do some more testing if I get the chance before I upgrade, which will be in a week or two after I finish remodeling my bedroom
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]