Expansion Upgrade List

90 Human Warrior
I am totally perplexed as to why it wouldn't allow me skill ups the day I first "maxed" my secondary professions. I didn't keep trying them after that day until today/ yesterday not sure which the days run together for me. But now they work and I have gotten the minimum skill 125 rank ups in a couple of them.

Also I heard a rumor since I logged out of game last that they dropped the base battle-pet training price to 10g from the 100g that it was I will go check the vendor/ trainer person for that next time I log in. For now it's dinner and sleep for me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/08/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Chozowarrior
Also I heard a rumor since I logged out of game last that they dropped the base battle-pet training price to 10g from the 100g that it was I will go check the vendor/ trainer person for that next time I log in.

It's not a rumor. It's an announced change. It also has nothing to do with this thread, as Pet Battles aren't restricted by expansion upgrades. Please keep it on-topic here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm sorry I guess that was a different post that included information about the Starter accounts limits that listed that we couldn't do battle-pets. I was trying to be helpful for your Starter account section not cause problems by not contributing while I keep this post up top where it belongs until I can suggest sticky.

I am also sorry if I seem to be an emotionless, overanalytical, poor(financially), noob. But that is partially because I'm a full time student, with Aspberger's Syndrome, that has only had a computer that could run WoW for about a month and had to spend most of my time getting ready for spring semester and remodel my bedroom out of a large semi-finished storage room in my grandparents basement because I can't even afford a bus pass.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This isn't specifically a trial account thread. It's a guide thread listing what content matches to which account upgrades and sections. Drewb gave the confirmation on what I had already listed, which is all I needed to see for the guide's upkeep.

Your personal life doesn't belong in it, so please don't derail it further. Thanks!
Reply Quote
11 Night Elf Druid
so, to get this straight, I was playing the payed version for all of 6 months, I do not need to buy the bc or wotlk expansions, I just need cata and mists? I just want to make perfectly sure that this is what is being said.

Also, secondary professions can only get to 100 with the exception of getting a bonus point here and there from quest. You can, however, get fishing up to like 150.

all in all, this has been a very useful post. I just got through reading all of it and found some very useful info on it. I do not know anyone that plays WOW and so to find anything out this is my only option. Sorry if this is a total newb question and bothersome to answer.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 12:54 AMPosted by Oghelror
I was playing the payed version for all of 6 months, I do not need to buy the bc or wotlk expansions, I just need cata and mists?

The Battle Chest includes both BC and Wrath, so once you upgrade from the Starter Edition (aka "trial account") to a subscription, you have access to the content of both of those expansions. So no, you don't have to buy BC and Wrath separately, they're part of the initial upgrade.

Right now, to be fully upgraded you'll buy the Battle Chest, then Cata, then MoP. When you access your Account page, the next available upgrade will be shown, if there is one. If you've only paid for the Battle Chest, then yes, just get Cata and MoP and you're done.

Also currently, secondary professions on a trial account are limited by the training cost and level requirements, they don't stop at 100 like the primary professions. 375 Cooking and Fishing, and 225 First Aid are possible.
Edited by Jakjak on 8/27/2013 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
48 Orc Warlock
Wow, this is an old thread. Way back from 2011.

If you played the paid version you already have upgraded to Battle Chest. If you didn't have Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King you will have access to them. You just need to add game time to your account to play them.

Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria would be additional purchases.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warlock
if i upgrade from the trial to a full account all the way to pandaria do i need to buy the original as well as all the others
Reply Quote
20 Goblin Priest
05/18/2014 04:07 PMPosted by Orixaria
if i upgrade from the trial to a full account all the way to pandaria do i need to buy the original as well as all the others

The basic upgrade to a full account will include all the content through the Cataclysm expansion, meaning you'll be able to level your characters up to level 85. I think this still includes 1 month of game time. After that initial month, you'd have to continue paying for time one way or another as you go along.

You can also purchase the Mists of Pandaria expansion separately, which will allow you to level your characters up to level 90 and go through the MoP content. But in order to activate MoP, you have to buy the basic stuff first.
Edited by Groosie on 5/18/2014 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
05/18/2014 04:07 PMPosted by Orixaria

Back when this thread was originally created, what was included in the base purchase (then called "the Battlechest") was different. Since that time, 2 more expansions have been added to it. This thread was created when Cata was the current content and WotLK was still a separate purchase. Then WotLK was added to the base package, then MoP debuted, and then about 6 months ago, Cata was added to the Battlechest.

If Blizzard keeps to their past pattern:
WoD will debut this Fall, and about a year into WoD, MoP will be added to the base package.
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Rogue
I got the new starter edition and I think that goes to cats. Do I need to purchase mists and then preorder the new expansion pack to get a level 90 character boost? Or can I get a 90 boost wothout all the expansions woth a battle.net card? So confused
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
You can't level past 85 without Mists of Pandaria.

If you want to level to 90, either the traditional way, or via a boost, you have to have the MoP expansion.

If you want to boost to 90, you can purchase one through the store (after applying the MoP expansion), or one comes with the purchase of Warlords.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
08/19/2014 11:03 PMPosted by Fallensigil
I got the new starter edition and I think that goes to cats

That's not the starter edition, that's the base upgrade (used to be called "battlechest"). The starter edition is the advertizing department's name for the level 20 locked trial status.

08/19/2014 11:03 PMPosted by Fallensigil
Do I need to purchase mists and then preorder the new expansion pack to get a level 90 character boost?

Yes.
You can also buy a level 90 boost for $60, but you need to have MoP first.
With just the base package your account is level capped at 85, kinda difficult to have a level 90 when you can't level beyond 85.
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Rogue
Fair enough... didn't think of it that way Avanna. ..
Reply Quote
76 Orc Hunter
MoP's on sale right now for 10 bucks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]