Forum RP: Types and Expectations ((Guide))

(Sticky)

Thank you Waraila, I'm sure that even if/when stickied, the daunting size might... give people reason not to read it. But if they're directed here after asking questions, or having trouble in RPs here, then it might just help. It might even be a good read for those who already know a decent amount anyway.

If anyone has anything they think I should add or change here, I am all ears, I would love to know.
Reply Quote
44 Undead Rogue
01/30/2011 2:59 AMPosted by Meep
That's true, whether I end up putting the Mary Sue segment in this guide or not we'll see, maybe I could add it to the end of the guide/posts. Or if you plan to write something, you could edit it into your first post at the end of the guide, or do a whole new thread and I will make a link etc.
I'm already working on the guide with my notepad((I know I know, notepad is fail))
Reply Quote
24 Orc Shaman
STICKY! STICKY!
Reply Quote
44 Undead Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
31 Worgen Warrior
Bump or my worgen will eat you
Nicely made
Edited by Berlinn on 1/30/2011 6:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you for the bumps, and I would appreciate that if you enjoyed the guide, or think it might help, that you sticky it, so it can help others too.

/subtle bump.

Also, if any of you have written a guide that is relevant, or you think might contribute to the topic of this guide, feel free to give me a link and I will reference it.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Hunter
01/30/2011 9:52 PMPosted by Meep
Also, if any of you have written a guide that is relevant, or you think might contribute to the topic of this guide, feel free to give me a link and I will reference it.

Well, I suppose I could post a "general knowledge guide to roleplaying" or something of the sort, and link to yours (hooray, exchange of links?). That way, I could hit some more points that may be more game-oriented, and still have a few things of interest for forum RPers that you may not have had room to touch on (though I'm pretty sure you got most to all of it >.>).

Or, you know, a more in-game-oriented guide to roleplaying. The two may be similar, but they're very different animals in many different aspects.
Edited by Shandrís on 1/30/2011 10:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2011 10:18 PMPosted by Shandrís
Or, you know, a more in-game-oriented guide to roleplaying. The two may be similar, but they're very different animals in many different aspects.

I agree completely.

If you do write a guide I would love to exchange links with you. Definitely something to help the in-game RPer would be very helpful. Whatever you decide to do, as long as your intention is to help I support it completely.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Hunter
01/30/2011 10:21 PMPosted by Meep

I agree completely.

If you do write a guide I would love to exchange links with you. Definitely something to help the in-game RPer would be very helpful. Whatever you decide to do, as long as your intention is to help I support it completely.

I believe that doing a more in-game oriented guide would probably be much better, yes. I suppose I'll be done with it by tomorrow night, since I think I have a lot of writing to get done and not enough time (tonight, at least) to do it. Will probably end up finishing it at school, anyways, if I tried to finish tonight (bed times are terrible, evil things). :)

I'll post back on here when it's up.
Reply Quote
Sounds great. Just let me know, and I'll put your link up in my first post, I look forward to reading it.
Reply Quote
44 Undead Rogue
Half way done with that mary sue guide, Meep.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I thought was a great guide and voted for sticky. RP is something I have often thought of trying, but never really understood the "rules" or what to do.

I found the information to be very helpful and informative, thank you :)
Reply Quote
Thank you, for the bump and sticky :D

and sure Twit, just make sure to tell me when you're done.

Also anyone, I remind you that criticism is completely accepted, anything that could help me improve this guide.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I've read it all.
Although you've no flaws in my eyes, nothing is perfect.
I continue my quest to adventure the curves of the MILLIONS of letters in the text...
Reply Quote
Heheh.

Have fun.

Also, even difference of opinion is accepted, if its not immediately a flaw, but you believe something different than what I've said, I will consider it and maybe even add it.
Reply Quote
44 Undead Rogue
STICKY THE THREAD PEOPLES!
Reply Quote
5 Night Elf Hunter
This is really good, the amount of effort that you put into it is amazing and as well as the info, very easy to read, informative on a wide range of RP things, and it is very organized, making it easy for newcomers to find what they're looking for. I hope this gets stickied so it could kinda be like a info santuary for any newbie.
Edited by Firekai on 1/31/2011 9:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ta :D

Also I DEMAND YOU STOP BEING DEMANDING TWIT!
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
My brain derped at the sheer awesomness of this thread :3
Reply Quote
Apologies to your brain. :P

But, thanks. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]