Forum RP: Types and Expectations ((Guide))

(Sticky)

Who is this Gnome of which you speak? :P
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Death Knight
/point
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Priest
03/06/2011 11:57 AMPosted by Skyperion
Maybe it's because of a certain gnome begging people to stick it...

Someone seems to be in a bad mood just lately :/
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I Learned things in this guide. I think it meets my criteria of stick-a-tude.

*Presses the button*

\o/
|
/\
Reply Quote
Herpa derpa bump
Reply Quote
Nation Section should be up tomorrow, I'm trying to figure out what I should put it in, meaning... what makes a nation RP a nation RP as opposed to unique things that make each nation RP special. I'll think of something vague and general enough, will have to use my last reserve which will mean no more updates >.< heh.
Reply Quote
elmgr[wgwbh
LMgyL
]lmwrhG
"L wmnrh
Lm wH
}Mwr
]fhm
;]

STIKCY
Reply Quote
70 Worgen Death Knight
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

/thumbs up to Meep.
Reply Quote
Now...

It begins.

/sits atop throne of skulls

MY GUIDE IS LAW! ALL MUST OBEY! ALL MUST SERVE OR PERISH! MUHAHAHA!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Grats Meeps!
Reply Quote
44 Undead Rogue
about time
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Hunter
03/12/2011 10:44 PMPosted by Rukurgan
Grats Meeps!

I second this! :) Congrats on the sticky!

03/13/2011 9:57 AMPosted by Twiit
about time

Indeed.
Reply Quote
It made me feel like I was reading something out of a grammar textbook. But good job on the guide, hehe.
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
Expectations
You are always expected to put effort into your spelling and grammar. On World’s End, there is an unspoken (and sometimes spoken) expectation of one paragraph per post. Depending on the thread you chose to join, this might be higher, sometimes a lot higher. You are expected to spell-check your work. It is one thing if a word like there/their slips through, but it is another if you misspell half the worlds in your post.

You are also expected to structure your post with punctuation, comas, and periods. Etc.

I've never participated in any RP, but the above excerpt makes me want to start. Do people really follow this most of the time? I get so sick of the whole 'ohz noz I dunno wat a punktuason is.'
Reply Quote
Most of the time, yes they do.
Reply Quote
I've never participated in any RP, but the above excerpt makes me want to start. Do people really follow this most of the time? I get so sick of the whole 'ohz noz I dunno wat a punktuason is.'

You probably wont check this answer (5 days late). But sometimes people do, I will admit they don't all the time. However, there are things you can do about this. One: If you make an RP, you can simply deny someone into your RP. As TM, you can tell them to try harder please, if they don't, kick them. Two: If joining an RP, you can tell people that perhaps they should try harder, but ultimately its up to the TM.

There is plenty of quality on this forums, but you have to look for it. You will find a lot of people who don't put effort in. The easiest way to deal with this, is never RP with these people, they will eventually understand that they have to put effort in, or they wont be able to RP with anyone but equally as uncaring people.
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Rogue
thx for advice i spent an hour or two reading it but atleast i know wat two do now
Reply Quote
72 Human Paladin
Im a knight. And my name is Ni. :D. to bad i picked up on a pvp realm :[ this sounds like fun.
Reply Quote
Well, there's always the forums. :P

Plus many other platforms of RP, RP at its core is simply improvisation.

I wish you luck in your Knight-ish Conquests however.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]