Forum RP: Types and Expectations ((Guide))

(Sticky)

90 Human Death Knight
Useful guide, even if I avoid forum RP like the plague. Give me the WRA any day over a 500 post-per-thread limit.

That being said, people on WRA... really need to read this guide. Specifically, this metagaming Death Knight. He would really benefit by this amazing guide. Assuming he's capable of learning anything...

Example of a Metagame-Sue, something that is not ICly a Sue, but has been done to death. DK guards? Unlikely but they are EVERYWHERE:
"zarren stop arguing with [insert warlock's name here] he can have his demon out if it wants"
"...how do you know my name? And his name?"
"i have the papers for stormwind citizens"
"I highly doubt they would give a death knight a list of Stormwind citizens, much less that I would be on it anyways. I'm from Duskwood, moron."
"i have the duskwood papers too"
"Then what's my surname?"
"it wasn't on the papers"
"Yes it was. Go look again, and don't come back until you know it."
"i am a general of the stormwind military i can do whatever i want"
"...you're a death knight, an undead monstrosity that murdered hundreds of innocent people. You are most certainly NOT in charge of ANYBODY. Now leave me the hell alone."
/ignore
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
You 'can' make another thread continuing it. :P My first RP got to 7 threads, my second got to something ridiculous like 16 threads, and my most recent one is up to thread four or so.

And yes, that does sound pretty ridiculous. :|

"I have the duskwood papers too" hurr hurr.
Reply Quote
01/28/2011 08:51 PMPosted by Meep
misspell half the worlds

<.<

>.>

/whiteout
Reply Quote
78 Gnome Mage
Excellent guide, this will help a ton. I like the idea of RPing and I enjoy stories and backgrounds, and this is an excellent way to help guys like me incorporate it all together.

10/10
Thanks!
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Warrior
I'm trying to find an RP server that ACTUALLY takes their RP seriously. Most of the ones I've been to don't really RP, that or i never see it. I just wanna go rp on these servers, but I don't know which ones do a lot of RP. And since you may be wondering, I'm interested on RPing on the both sides, so if anyone is actually on a server that takes their RP seriously, please tell me.
Edited by Wariir on 12/5/2011 5:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
This guide is for Forum RP, I am hardly an expert on the likes of In-Game RP. However I do know enough to tell you that Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord are your highest population realms, then there are smaller ones with high quality such as Cenarion Circle, I can't remember other names off the top of my head.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Warrior
12/05/2011 07:13 AMPosted by Meep
This guide is for Forum RP, I am hardly an expert on the likes of In-Game RP. However I do know enough to tell you that Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord are your highest population realms, then there are smaller ones with high quality such as Cenarion Circle, I can't remember other names off the top of my head.
Ah, thanks. :)
Reply Quote
45 Blood Elf Monk
#firstpostin2yearsalmost
Reply Quote
95 Orc Warrior
This is cool seeing these old posts... They're like time capsules...

*waves at people in 2015*
Malaysian Flight is missing! Can you believe that?!
Wait... You mean they've found it by 2015? Ah... Right.
Edited by Canniibal on 4/4/2014 6:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Is Malfurion Stormrage the Lich King yet, future people?
Reply Quote
95 Orc Warrior
04/04/2014 06:03 AMPosted by Canniibal

Well hi past Cannibal!

So, it's not 2015 yet, but it has been six months. Still no plane. No clue where it went. But now we have an Ebola thing going on.

Hey, people actually in 2015, is ebola an actual problem then or are we pleb filth past people just overreacting?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
10/10/2014 09:06 PMPosted by Canniibal
Hey, people actually in 2015, is ebola an actual problem then or are we pleb filth past people just overreacting?

Pleb filth.
I SHALL EMBRACE THIS TITLE THOROUGHLY.
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Hunter
10/10/2014 09:06 PMPosted by Canniibal
04/04/2014 06:03 AMPosted by Canniibal

Well hi past Cannibal!

So, it's not 2015 yet, but it has been six months. Still no plane. No clue where it went. But now we have an Ebola thing going on.

We really don't need to wait till January to know that Ebola is a problem. In Africa at least. Still no plane. I mean, scientists and other people are basically trying to tell us it disappeared out of thin air. No, thankfully we are not overreacting pleb filth.

Also, pineapples.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]