Ink Trader =(

85 Tauren Shaman

Is there a reason to have the Ink Trader only in dalaran? The only thing that really bothered me with the removal of the portals is that now when i want to trade ink to make a glyph or a card i have to go to dalaran D=.

Can we get a ink trader in ogri or twilight highlands? or is there a reason for them not to be there? o.o

Thanks for all ^^
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
bump
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I direct you to the patch notes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I still don't understand why anyone would trade Blackfallow ink (very expensive plants) for any other ink which is radically less expensive.
Reply Quote
02/03/2011 11:04 AMPosted by Nestarielle
I direct you to the patch notes.

Which ones? El's Anglin said something about ink traders in Org/SW, but I haven't seen anything on MMOC/Wowhead or the PTR patch notes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pro
02/03/2011 11:06 AMPosted by Cappyra
I still don't understand why anyone would trade Blackfallow ink (very expensive plants) for any other ink which is radically less expensive.

Some glyphs require low level inks, and some of the glyph researches too. This was done so inscription players didn't require to run every day from one place to another.
Reply Quote

Same reason Fel Iron / Adamantite is often more expensive than Obsidium / Elementium.

Because people are leveling / questing / doing dailies in the 80-85 zones, and you are primarily after Burning Embers for Inferno Ink. I am swimming in Blackfallow Ink. Alas, I was lazy pre-Cata and on some of my alts, I still need to finish up a few glyphs.

Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior

No one should be doing this at all, however trading blackfallow in for inferno is necessary and has the same dalaran only issue.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
02/03/2011 11:10 AMPosted by Citlatonac

Some glyphs require low level inks, and some of the glyph researches too. This was done so inscription players didn't require to run every day from one place to another.

I'm intimately aware of how Inscription works.

However, the value of low level plants is SO much less than Cataclysm zone plants that there is no reason to trade Blackfallow ink for a substantially lower value ink. In all cases, it is better to buy the appropriate level plants and mill them, than use Cataclysm plants and trade down.

I think the location of the ink trader will eventually matter, but it doesn't yet.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I've personally seen nothing (or currently) in the patch notes regarding a change to the Ink Trader in Dalaran or adding one elsewhere.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/03/2011 11:38 AMPosted by Vinnyboombat
I've personally seen nothing (or currently) in the patch notes regarding a change to the Ink Trader in Dalaran or adding one elsewhere.

Yeah, I went and looked again. Either I was hallucinating out of want, or the comments were removed. =( /cry

I swear I had seen some notes about a trader being added to each Ogrimmar and Stormwind though.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
02/03/2011 11:52 AMPosted by Nestarielle

Yeah, I went and looked again. Either I was hallucinating out of want, or the comments were removed. =( /cry

I swear I had seen some notes about a trader being added to each Ogrimmar and Stormwind though.

You gave me hope and destroyed it T___T.

For the ones asking why we trade Blackfallow Inks:

* 10 Blackfallow Inks --> 1 Inferno Ink (to make Darkmoon Cards and another things)

* In my server there has been a shortage of oldworld plants (at least at decent price) in the AH for a while and when someone ask me for a glyph i usually dont have stock of the specific ink but plenty of cata herbs so i use them, 10 whiptails easly gives me a glyph (which are hugely overpriced in the ah (like 150-300g per glyph) so its still a win.

* And even without the profit i prefer to farm a little bit cata herbs before old world herbs due to cata herbs being usefull for all my "glyph necessities" while old world jusy works for a certain amount of glyphs (i think like 4 glyphs per class per type of ink)

Thanks for the tip about leaving an alt in dalaran, great idea.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Ink Traders are being added to Stormwind and Orgrimmar in 4.0.6.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/03/2011 2:09 PMPosted by Bashiok

How refreshingly direct. Are you sure there wasn't a way to put it in a riddle?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

WOOT!!!! Glad I was right! Thank you for sharing Bash!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

While you are here and on the subject. Is there any reason why the other professions haven't gotten something like this yet?

Such as enchanters being able to trade mats down to make low level enchants instead of having to go farm said mats.

You make it so one profession only has to farm mats from one expansion but no other does?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]