Rift.

85 Tauren Druid
Beta ongoing, release March 1st. An amazing game thus far in Beta this will be my new mmo of choice. Anyone else other than Krag and Nightflier in beta and what do you think?

http://www.riftgame.com/en/

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Played in all the beta events thus far except the first one. It's not bad, not great either, but not bad.

If you haven't already purchased the preorder it may be worth waiting a few weeks after release to see what people/reviewers say about endgame content. Noone has seen that yet and it'll pretty much decide whether or not it works or is indeed a WAR clone.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I've done a lot of research on it, though circumstances haven't allowed me to invest in any time trying to actually play the beta. However, it looks real solid, definitely will be an interesting release. Plus, it gets released on my birthday, so it must be awesome, right?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
@Hardhoof. At this point, it's hard NOT to be a clone of something in the eyes of the players. Everyone that has tried something radically different has failed. Rift has familiar aspects of a few popular games as well as it's own twists.

@Feranor. Happy Birthday in advance my friend. My WoW sub ends Feb 2nd and I have no plans to renew as I'll be moving to Rift full time.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
@blue- indeed, calling something a <previously created MMO> clone is just another way of saying what it most closely resembles for purposes of pigeon holeing.

I could clarify by saying it may look alot like WAR due to its strong PVP leveling angle, PVE scenarios, fast progression and very little info regarding endgame content prior to launch. My primary concern is that it may lack the endgame that WAR did (which effectively killed it along with some serious PVP balance issues). I hope it does well just like I hoped AOC, STO, WAR, ect. would fare better than they currently are.

However its all speculation and will remain as such until launch. Game looks fine thus far.
Reply Quote
I'll be giving it a month or two post launch to see how the end game plays out. PvP isn't really my thing, and if thats what RIFT's main focus is, then I'll have to pass and stick with WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
There is nothing indicating that pvp is the focus of Rift.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I like it so far, nothing mind blowing but its a solid game, reminds me alot of Warhammer Online, the good version.

Im not plannning on picking it up mostly because i dont have time to play two mmos and pay two subs for two fantasy style mmos, if it goes free to play i probably would.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Proven will have a presence on Tearfall, Defiant side. Hope to see a few other Mishans there.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Yes, but with a helluva a lot more eye candy and random events going on. It's worth taking a look at if you find your self tired of the same old drag Blizzard gives us.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/01/2011 8:44 PMPosted by Murannan
I'm holding out for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Should be epic.

I have heard a few good things about SW.

It's just a little too....star warsy for me.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Lore isn't a selling point for me, but Trion could stand to do some work on theirs.

Edited by Bluecheese on 2/2/2011 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Yeah, the ongoing beta event over the weekend has me noticing how bad the lore is. Well, maybe not bad, I just don't exactly understand what is going on and if a player wishes to understand wtf is going on the info should be readily available (unless it's some funky framed narrative in which you aren't supposed to know, which this isn't).

One good thing I'll say is this patch seems to have almost doubled my FPS. If the game was a put off for you before due to graphics reqs then might want to look again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]