Best Alliance Race for Mages

12 Gnome Mage
Heya guys. Just a quick question, I was wondering what the best alliance race for mages is, mostly for pvp.

Serious answers please. :P
Reply Quote
12 Gnome Mage
No love for Dwarves and Night Elves huh? Oh well. Thanks for the insight guys.

...And yes, you hordies can leave your opinion here too. :P
Reply Quote
12 Gnome Mage
01/25/2011 2:40 PMPosted by Hyolia
Gnomes have a racial that directly increases your mana, which is your primary stat for Arcane mages as well as a very important one for mages in general. For arcane mages, it even translates to higher DPS due to the Mana Adept mastery.

....Wicked cool....I was actually thinking of leveling my new mage, more than likely this one, as Arcane, so this makes it more desirable. :D
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Mage
Humans aren't that good as mages because the CC break is only a small portion of the PvP trinket. It really isn't "One more trinket" it's more like "One third of an extra trinket". You'll need the resilience from the PvP trinket to not die horribly, so where does that really leave you with the room to just take a powerful PvE trinket?

Dwarf has IMO the strongest PvP racial since it cleanses a bunch of stuff off you that can easily add up to a defeat, and the 10% damage resistence are pretty major.
Reply Quote
75 Goblin Mage
I'm coming at this from a PvE perspective, more than a PvP one, but I occasionally look at Worgen racials and drool. Free +1% crit? Yes, please.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Shadowmeld is OP if you have the twitch reflexes to vanish big spells.

Gnome>worgen>human imo. Draenei and dwarf racials aren't very good at all for mages, they're not serious options if you're looking for a minmax race.
Edited by Dibbler on 1/25/2011 10:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
*cough* Every Man For Himself *cough* <----- Tis is why humans are my preferred race.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]