Today at work.

8 Worgen Warrior
The most peculiar thing happened.

It was an ordinary day at my part-time job. Customers were stupid. Co-workers goofed off and the manager was oblivious to the downright obscene fun we were having outside of his watch. But something unexpected happened.A man came into the building demanding that we deliver him something he would only refer to as our "flag". While the rest of my co-workers looked at him, obviously baffled at his absurd request, I knew what was going on.

This man was obviously an orc shaman.
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Warrior
I'm not sure how he infiltrated my cleverly disguised hiding spot for the alliance flag, but he did. And all that mattered was that I upheld my sacred duty of protecting it. Long had I awaited for a challenger cunning enough to find me. Bold enough to challenge me. Courageous enough to stand before me. The creature must have sensed the downright manic glee that was coursing through me, because he attacked.

Quickly before he was able to discard his disguise and launch his attack, I pulled my battleaxe from beneath the register. He screamed with lustful fury while I shouted at my now completely horrified comrades to flee. I beckoned for them to leave before this madman injured them is his rage, but they would not oblige. He lunged at me but I skillfully dodged his attack and forced everyone through the door as he slowly turned around to face me again.

Something was wrong.
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Warrior
Why was he moving so slow? It must be lag, I thought to myself. But I was not about to let this opportunity go to waste. I summoned the forces within me to shock the orc with a blast of frost, slowing his movement to an utter crawl and launched my assault. The lag must have worn off because he instantly shielded himself. I attempted to cast a mighty curse upon him to recuperate but through some form of mystic, demonic magic...

He interrupted my cast.
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Warrior
This was going to be harder than I thought. This guy was no pushover. The lag spike was just trick. Before, I had not noticed the red gleam of his armor. This man was obviously a fearless gladiator of the highest caliber. However, I didn't falter. I couldn't falter. Not with the flag to protect.

I immediately resumed my attack. Swift and ferocious blow after ferocious blow of my battle axe pummeled him mercilessly met by his weaker, but thunderous swings. My attacks must have hit critical points because he screamed and flinched in agony. But then, I noticed him reach into his pocket and withdraw a peculiar looking vial of some peculiar red liquid.

He drank it and his wounds healed instantly.
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Warrior
This man was obviously skilled in the ancient art of potion making. A skill so rarely seen that I didn't, in the slightest, expect it. My spirits crushed by this devastating turn of events my attacks slowed without my notice. He took this opening to summon a mighty quake. I fell to my knees under the force. But then I wondered.

How was he able to use both the abilities of one who has mastered the arts of both elemental and enhancement shamanism? It didn't matter. He was on the offensive now and I needed every ounce of my focus to survive his next attack.

He struck with even more ferocity than before. The effects from his previous rampaging bloodlust had apparently worn off as his attacks were less frequent now. His blows were charged with the elements of fire and wind, causing additional damage.

His attacks, so strong, so charged with elemental fury, sundered the very floor we were standing on. cracks enveloped the floor and stones began to erupt from the earth.

Soon, we were standing on a veritable mountaintop.
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Warrior
There we stood, locked in mortal combat. It was everything I could do just to continue my attacks and not give him too large of an opening to deliver the devastating blow that would cripple to a point beyond recovery. I had used every beneficial elemental totem to my advantage but I was still not able to recuperate. I had to retry my earlier tactic and cast a powerful hex on him to buy me some time to heal my wounds. However, this time, I had a surprise for him...

I had 5 stacks of maelstrom weapon.

My hex was instant. He could not have seen it coming. The look on his now froggish face was priceless. I quickly began healing my wounds when the unthinkable happened. With a flash of light, my hex was removed.
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Warrior
How could this have happened?

But of course I knew how. My opponent was in possession of a fabled item. A trinket, of sorts, that allowed him to dispel any malicious effects. This, I was prepared for, as I quickly laid a totem of grounding to intercept his next spell. In the blind rage of his attack being made useless, he did the unthinkable.

He summoned a pair of spirit wolves from the realm of ancient guardians.

I knew that this was an act of desperation. Spirit wolves require an intense amount of concentration and cannot be done very often. My opponent was intent on not losing this fight, by any means necessary. He knew that atop this newly formed mountain in the crater of what was once my beloved store, both our fates would be decided and the flag would be claimed, and he was holding nothing back.

And neither was I.
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Warrior
I did everything I could to survive the coming onslaught. I channeled an ability that turned my skin to near stone-like texture so I could absorb the damage from his mighty spirit wolves. He placed a grounding totem, similar to mine, on the ground to fend against any counter I might have tried to use.

But I was one step ahead of him.

I cast a minor wind spell at his totem to consume its effect and from my hands erupted yet another shocking blast of frost. His bones became brittle and he was frozen in place as I made my retreat. His wolves had faded back to the strip realm and he was once again alone. But without any other of his powerful abilities left.

I knew this was my moment. The moment I had been waiting for.
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Warrior
My opponent was vulnerable, lacking the spirit to summon anymore of his powerful abilities. But I had abstained from using mine. My very soul erupted with a surge of heroic fury. My physical form grew to twice that of a normal man. I summoned every ounce of spiritual energy to summon my own pair of spirit wolves. He'd used his abilities too early and he knew it. I smirked as I witnessed the look of utter horror upon my opponents face.

My victory was near, and he knew it.

In a last ditch effort to preserve his mortality, he transformed himself into a spectral ghost wolf and attempted to flee. I instantly purged the effects from him with my now empowered shamanistic ability. I ordered my wolves to bash him across the skull, stunning him in place as I closed the gap. I struck down with the fury of a thousand storms. Lightning bolts rained down from the heavens. I struck again and again, unleashing the powers of frost and air I had imbued within my battleaxe. Swiftly my opponent fell to his knees as I stood over him. Storm clouds encircling us. The very earth beneath us shook as the tempest I had awoken began to fade. A voice that came from the heavens themselves began to echo: "there can only be one".
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Warrior
I struck my opponent with the final blow, sealing his fate and mine as the victor. With his pathetic armor now glistening with blood. I had shown him who was the superior. With the flag gleaming brightly behind me I kneelt down and removed the insignia the scum was wearing. He was apparently a grand warlord of the horde. Hmph, some warlord he was.

As the mountain subsided back to ground level, my coworkers emerged from beneath the rubble that was once the customer service desk. Clearly in awe over my victory, they began to shower me with praises.

I didn't need them. I had done my job. The flag was safe another day. I had my other duties to attend to. I looked over at the customer I was helping before the disturbance and uttered the simple words.

"Paper or plastic, ma'am?"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh hey Swank.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We were doing 2s the other day, and he pretty much said this same stuff. Except with less detail.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
T
L
;
D
R
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Swank isn't literate enough to come up with that.

Fixed.

And reported for racism.
Edited by Fex on 1/27/2011 7:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
This is not a role playing server. take your storys to juice website.

***stories
Edited by Towelliee on 1/27/2011 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
This is not a role playing server. take your storys to juice website.

****story

Fixt.

Also, Fex is right. I can't have done this. I can't even read.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I posted this in the general forums. It was spammed with sticky requests until it was deleted from players reporting every post in the thread for some reason.

Haters gonna hate.
Reply Quote
26 Blood Elf Rogue
needs more hate
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]